Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steven101

Greensheet Averages

Anybody know when riders get their new averages?

Be interesting to see how high the averages of some of the riders at 2 and 4 have raised.

23rd of the month is usually the cut-off' date. New averages come into effect at the start of the following month!

NB. Michelsen of Eastbourne gets a new rolling average this Friday which makes him a heat leader!!!

23rd of the month is usually the cut-off' date. New averages come into effect at the start of the following month!

NB. Michelsen of Eastbourne gets a new rolling average this Friday which makes him a heat leader!!!

Wouldn't be surprised if it makes him no1.

Will be good for Poole when Milik gets his average to a level where KK can nip in as a replacement, Then KK can work his average up in the number 4 berth to a level where Holder can nip in just before the play-offs. Win Win For Poole and British Speedway.

Will be good for Poole when Milik gets his average to a level where KK can nip in as a replacement, Then KK can work his average up in the number 4 berth to a level where Holder can nip in just before the play-offs. Win Win For Poole and British Speedway.

Milik has ridden 4 meetings so far (3H/1A), taking 16 rides and scoring 28+1 points - hardly 'world-beater' stats!!!!!!

Milik has ridden 4 meetings so far (3H/1A), taking 16 rides and scoring 28+1 points - hardly 'world-beater' stats!!!!!!

Its all about the timing. Dont want the Pirates to peek to early. Holder needs to be in situ around September time. Thats Months away. 7.25 average aint bad for a newcomer.

Edited by semion

This is true about the number 2 and 4 positions,not just for Poole (before Starman and Shovlar jump on me).I hope the BSPA have thought of something to stop this sort of scenario happening.No disrespect to the 2 and 4's out there but they get there averages inflated by not having the harder races as they did last year.When there averages go up you can replace them,and about 2 changes up the line you can have the likes of Holder,Hancock,Sayfutdinov and Pedersen if they wanted to do the end of the season and the play-offs.

So let's hope the BSPA have thought of this and got something in place.

Maybe if you wanted to replace a rider you can only replace them on their starting average or something.I don't know,it's a tricky situation really.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

Your stats are not exactly helping you.

28 pts from 16 rides gives him an average of 7.00. This is only likely to increase as he gets more dialled in, particularly at home.

An example of a 4pt rider, potentially getting up to an 8pt average, at which point he could be replaced.

I'm not saying he will be.. but it will become farcical if such situations occur.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

Your stats are not exactly helping you.

28 pts from 16 rides gives him an average of 7.00. This is only likely to increase as he gets more dialled in, particularly at home.

An example of a 4pt rider, potentially getting up to an 8pt average, at which point he could be replaced.

I'm not saying he will be.. but it will become farcical if such situations occur.

But as I say that's from 3 home and 1 away so far. If he can't stay on the bike at home goodness knows how few he will score away - at least in the 'A' fixtures!! :wink:

As far as the N0.2 riders are concerned, they are up against the opposing No 1 in heat 1 and also against the opposing 3 & 5 in heat 10 at home, so not all 'easy' rides!!

This is true about the number 2 positions,not just for Poole (before Starman and Shovlar jump on me).I hope the BSPA have thought of something to stop this sort of scenario happening.No disrespect to the 2 and 4's out there but they get there averages inflated by not having the harder races as they did last year.When there averages go up you can replace them,and about 2 changes up the line you can have the likes of Holder,Hancock,Sayfutdinov and Pedersen if they wanted to do the end of the season and the play-offs.

So let's hope the BSPA have thought of this and got something in place.

Maybe if you wanted to replace a rider you can only replace them on their starting average or something.I don't know,it's a tricky situation really.

I'm not sure this system can be worked so far as to get a holder or emil in, but certainly the next tier rider e.g. kk.

This potential issue has been flagged on numerous threads, and I don't believe bspa have anything in place to prevent it - certainly nothing in the rule book, and surely too late to amend that now. Situation is most extreme for riders like milik on an wssessed average, and therefore without the "smoothing" impact of rolling averages. Porsing at kl or palm toft at bv are prime examples of other riders who could be replaced later in the season with vastly superior riders.

Milik with a 7 average I believe would become a hl atvpoole once he has an official average, and that would be the optimum time to replace him i.e. before his average drops from riding as a hl.

Would the "best interests of speedway" principle stop teams doing such rider swaps?

Edited by waihekeaces1

If a rider like Michael palm toft does a year in the el and gets an average of 5 but next year wants to move back to pl will he keep his pl average or will it be his converted el average?

wouldnt any replacements still have to be within a total team figure of 35 points for the top five throughout the season??

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

wouldnt any replacements still have to be within a total team figure of 35 points for the top five??

cheers....

would replacements still need to be within this figure??