British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steven101

Greensheet Averages

cheers....

would replacements still need to be within this figure??

SR 17.4 TEAM COMPOSITION
17.4.1 A Team’s initial Declaration must include 5 Riders whose combined MA does not
exceed 32.00 points. This Declaration may include a maximum of 2 x “A” grade Riders
and up to 2 Doubling-Up Riders who must at the time of declaration: a) be in a Premier
League’s currently declared 1 – 7, B) have a PL MA established prior to the start of the
season and c) give absolute priority to all British Speedway fixtures. The Team is
completed with 2 Riders for the 6th & 7th positions as drafted from the British
Speedway FTDP List.
17.4.2 A Teams combined MA for the top 5 positions must not exceed 32.00 points nor
include more than 2 x “A” grade Riders or 2 Doubling-Up Riders (satisfying the same
conditions as for the initial Team Declaration) when re-declared, either permanently or
temporarily, except where the MA of the introduced Rider is equal to, or lower than the
Rider being replaced. Similarly only Riders with the same or lower FTDP Grading may
be re-declared for the 6th or 7th positions.
  • Like 2

SR 17.4 TEAM COMPOSITION

17.4.1 A Teams initial Declaration must include 5 Riders whose combined MA does not

exceed 32.00 points. This Declaration may include a maximum of 2 x A grade Riders

and up to 2 Doubling-Up Riders who must at the time of declaration: a) be in a Premier

Leagues currently declared 1 7, B) have a PL MA established prior to the start of the

season and c) give absolute priority to all British Speedway fixtures. The Team is

Speedway FTDP List.

17.4.2 A Teams combined MA for the top 5 positions must not exceed 32.00 points nor

include more than 2 x A grade Riders or 2 Doubling-Up Riders (satisfying the same

conditions as for the initial Team Declaration) when re-declared, either permanently or

temporarily, except where the MA of the introduced Rider is equal to, or lower than the

Rider being replaced. Similarly only Riders with the same or lower FTDP Grading may

The grading issue is where a side may be prevented from manipulating the replacement of an over performing second string with a 'genuine'heat leader.

Eg (sorry Poole!!) bringing in KK for a second string wouldnt be allowed. (assuming the top 2 are already graded A and KK would be also)

SR 17.4 TEAM COMPOSITION
17.4.1 A Team’s initial Declaration must include 5 Riders whose combined MA does not
exceed 32.00 points. This Declaration may include a maximum of 2 x “A” grade Riders
League’s currently declared 1 – 7, B) have a PL MA established prior to the start of the
Speedway FTDP List.
include more than 2 x “A” grade Riders or 2 Doubling-Up Riders (satisfying the same

words such as 'must not' lean you into believing that the rule is, as a rule should be, ie water tight and fit for purpose, until...

you then see the word 'except'..... :o

and you then also read about 'rider grading', and start to wonder 'when did that start'? and 'who are the 'A' grade riders'? and more importantly maybe 'who within the bspa has agreed who they actually are'? :unsure:

as always with british speedway administration, crystal clear....

let battle commence for the winner of 'ambiguous rule manipulator of the year award'......

(I know who my money's on).... :rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Actually,id be surprised if pawlicki on a 7 is but janowski not at a touch under 7, so poole probably only have ward/holder currently as a grade a?

No way any "dodgy " change will get past this rule

16.3.5 The BSPA MC monitors all proposed moves and has the sole responsibility to approve all

(re-)Declared Team Line-Ups having been satisfied they are in the best interests of the sport

The words ", except where the MA of the introduced Rider is equal to, or lower than the

Rider being replaced" suggests that there is nothing to stop someone replacing a second string with a traditional heatleader.
Using a different team as an example, before the Poole fans get all defensive, If Howarth benefits as a second string, and raises his average high enough to bring someone such as Freddie Lindgren in (I know it's a ridiculous situation, im just using them as examples) then there appears to be nothing in the rules to stop it, which seems a little silly.
Next year may be even more farcical when team building, if certain riders stay at second string, then riders such as Lindgren and others who do not ride over here this year could be on comparable averages.I hope the BSPA have plans in place to stop this sort of thing
  • Like 1

The words ", except where the MA of the introduced Rider is equal to, or lower than the

Rider being replaced" suggests that there is nothing to stop someone replacing a second string with a traditional heatleader.

Using a different team as an example, before the Poole fans get all defensive, If Howarth benefits as a second string, and raises his average high enough to bring someone such as Freddie Lindgren in (I know it's a ridiculous situation, im just using them as examples) then there appears to be nothing in the rules to stop it, which seems a little silly.

Next year may be even more farcical when team building, if certain riders stay at second string, then riders such as Lindgren and others who do not ride over here this year could be on comparable averages.I hope the BSPA have plans in place to stop this sort of thing

Didn`t you read the post above yours !!!!

Using your example of introducing Lindgren for Howarth, I guess it would depend on whether both Andersen and Harris are classed as 'A' grade riders, (as per 17.4.2.)??? :D

What is the definition of an "a grade" rider?

I checked the SCB website for the answer to that one. The Home page sets out the basic rules of the sport then adds "Any further questions, ask the person next to you".

So there is your answer. Don't ask the bloke in the pub or the old lady at the bus stop, or even the referee, its the person next to you that will have the answer. Pretty obvious I suppose when you think about it.

• Like 1

Must admit I missed the line "except where...." before my previous post.

So what I thought was a sensible safeguard is infact like a chocolate fireguard!

surely the "except for" applies only to thr 32 point rule, and not the two a grade rider or two double uppers rules?

i realise its badly written, but it would make no sense for a team to be allowed more than 2 double uppers simply because the rider they brought in had a loer acerage than the non double upper they ere replacing?

cheers....

would replacements still need to be within this figure??

Hopefully there will be no exceptions.

found it

17.3.3 Category 1 Riders will be listed on a “Grading Riders List”, published annually at the end of

each season showing an Assessed MA based upon results obtained in all other Professional

Speedway Leagues during that season.

17.3.4 Where a Rider has only an EL Established MA from the previous season, then this MA is

used. The top 20 Riders on the Final EL MA’s in the previous season will be graded as an “A”

Rider and shown accordingly on a List maintained by the BSPA.

am i right in reading this that a rider on an asessed average couldn't be an a grade rider, as they ouldn't have been in the top 20 of the previous season CMA? So Pawlicki at wolves for example ouldnt be an a grade rider, but cook or king would be?

so this may rule out kk, but not someone coming in on an assessed average, a lindback for example?

ok - so neither janowski was not in the top 20 in the final 2013 greensheets. so kk could join poole, assuming pawlicki is not classed as grade a.

however, Zagar, Cook and Nicholls all were i the top 20. So Belle Vue potentially have an illegal team?

Edited by waihekeaces1