Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steven101

Greensheet Averages

Anybody know when riders get their new averages?

Be interesting to see how high the averages of some of the riders at 2 and 4 have raised.

New averages now on the BSPA website.

only michelsen has a new average? given the rolling average system, i don't understand why most other riders don't have new averages? I would have thought only those on assessed averages not having riddern 4 home and 4 away would not get new averages?

only michelsen has a new average? given the rolling average system, i don't understand why most other riders don't have new averages? I would have thought only those on assessed averages not having riddern 4 home and 4 away would not get new averages?

They are not the new averages, would say effective from 1st.

This is just showing change to any assessed averages that come in to place prior to 1st

ok thanks.

any thoughts on the legality of the belle vue team with three "a" grade riders if you take that as being the top 20 in the 2013 final greensheets?

Edit: actually holder and kk aren't listed in the final 2013 greensheets, but presumably have valid 2013 averages, so nicholls would fall just outside the top 20.

Edited by waihekeaces1

ok thanks.

any thoughts on the legality of the belle vue team with three "a" grade riders if you take that as being the top 20 in the 2013 final greensheets?

Edit: actually holder and kk aren't listed in the final 2013 greensheets, but presumably have valid 2013 averages, so nicholls would fall just outside the top 20.

Holder and KK were not in the final 2013 averages. They'd both been replace so don't count.

There will be new averages out this week as form the 1st I make it that Ryan Fisher will be Coventrys 3rd heatleader. Probably be other changes too - I'm thinking Skornicki at Birmingham.

Holder and KK were not in the final 2013 averages. They'd both been replace so don't count.

There will be new averages out this week as form the 1st I make it that Ryan Fisher will be Coventrys 3rd heatleader. Probably be other changes too - I'm thinking Skornicki at Birmingham.

ok, so does that make the belle vue team illegal?

KK & Holder still included as rode in 2013

Oh how the Elite League has crumbled.

Gone are the days of world class teams and brilliant heat leaders.

Now, all we see is one decent rider per team, one back-up averaging what a third heatleader should be, three riders on mid/weak second string averages and the two reserves.

KK & Holder still included as rode in 2013

But they were not included in the final averages, so don't count.

Now, all we see is one decent rider per team, one back-up averaging what a third heatleader should be, three riders on mid/weak second string averages and the two reserves.

Lower average heatleaders would actually, in a fair format, suggest a stronger league.

But they were not included in the final averages, so don't count.

Lower average heatleaders would actually, in a fair format, suggest a stronger league.

how does heatleaders with five point averages suggest a stronger product when teams used to have third heat leaders on 7+ averages

Yes dreadful. That hancock/ward/Holder pairing was awful last year. The Lindgren/Woffinden partnership even worse.

And of course the Bjerre/Iversen pairing this year is total dire. :neutral:

Yes dreadful. That hancock/ward/Holder pairing was awful last year. The Lindgren/Woffinden partnership even worse.

And of course the Bjerre/Iversen pairing this year is total dire. :neutral:

Would just like to point out that these two partnerships were before the new system/rules came out :)

Also why doesn't the speedwaygb website work for me? Is anyone else having a problem with the website just not loading up?

Would just like to point out that these two partnerships were before the new system/rules came out :)

Also why doesn't the speedwaygb website work for me? Is anyone else having a problem with the website just not loading up?

There is no new rules or system that prevent teams building top heavy if they want.

GP site works fine for me. :t:

how does heatleaders with five point averages suggest a stronger product when teams used to have third heat leaders on 7+ averages

If the league is so hard the one time 7 pointers are now averaging 5..... Either they have all got rubbish or they have harder races now.

There only ever been 90 points available in a meeting, so the average team will always come to about 42. So the averages of riders will stay about the same. You CANNOT determine the strength of the league based on the number of riders with an average of over 7 (or any other figure you pick)

There is no new rules or system that prevent teams building top heavy if they want.

GP site works fine for me. :t:

It just keeps loading up a plain white screen and it's doing me nut :(