British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steven101

Greensheet Averages

I think the Elite League should have 45 point average teams to attract the bigger riders in the world (like your Emils, Nickis and your Jaroslaws) and this would hopefully pump more money into the sport so the teams don't struggle to survive as much. It would also make the League more exciting to watch and hopefully bring in bigger crowds coming to see the new world class riders.

I think the Premier League should be 42.5 averages but at least 4 out of the 7 riders in every team should be British, this would bring on the Brits as good as the system we have now.

I think the National League should be like what Scunthorpe Stags have done and prioritise on bringing in new 3.00 averaged British talents like your Ryan Mcdonalds and your Liam Sandersons.

This IMO would be a better system for British speedway but I suppose it's easier said that done. :t:

Odd!

http://speedwaygp.com/

Sorry, not that website I mean the Great British speedway website :(

This one

http://www.speedwaygb.co/homepage

Oh how the Elite League has crumbled.

Gone are the days of world class teams and brilliant heat leaders.

Now, all we see is one decent rider per team, one back-up averaging what a third heatleader should be, three riders on mid/weak second string averages and the two reserves.

Not at Lynn :-)
  • Like 1

I think the Elite League should have 45 point average teams to attract the bigger riders in the world (like your Emils, Nickis and your Jaroslaws) and this would hopefully pump more money into the sport so the teams don't struggle to survive as much. It would also make the League more exciting to watch and hopefully bring in bigger crowds coming to see the new world class riders.

I think the Premier League should be 42.5 averages but at least 4 out of the 7 riders in every team should be British, this would bring on the Brits as good as the system we have now.

I think the National League should be like what Scunthorpe Stags have done and prioritise on bringing in new 3.00 averaged British talents like your Ryan Mcdonalds and your Liam Sandersons.

This IMO would be a better system for British speedway but I suppose it's easier said that done. :t:

Sorry, not that website I mean the Great British speedway website :(

This one

http://www.speedwaygb.co/homepage

Points limits are not what is dissuading the 'top' riders from the EL - its their cost, pure and simple. (although I agree a gradual points increase must be considered over the longer term.

At the moment, they simply cannot be afforded. Promoters will/can not risk speculating on big expensive signings if they cannot guarantee sufficient through the gate or costs covered by sponsorship and that ain't about to happen in a fragile economy!!

• Like 1

God damn :mad:

Stupid website

Are you using a smart phone?

If so it may be as simple as turning off and turning back on.

Works for me when it happens as you describe.

KK & Holder still included as rode in 2013

But they were not included in the final averages, so don't count.

The 'Final averages', I believe, subject to the standard BSPA/SCB obfuscation rules, are explained here (my emphasis);
16.2.5 At the end of each Season the BSPA will produce a Listing of all Riders who have competed in British Speedway during that season and following approval and/or amendment at the BSPA AGM’s these MA’s (i.e. excluding Bonus Points but including other allowances) will be the Riders MA for the start of the following Season

Are you using a smart phone?

If so it may be as simple as turning off and turning back on.

Works for me when it happens as you describe.

No I'm on my laptop. But my desktop, smartphone, kindle and my ipad don't work either.