British Speedway Forum
Mjolnir

Lakeside V Swindon - Elb 25/04/14

Swindon are back to Arena Essex again already and hopefully we can finally get a convincing home win against them for the first time in a while!

PK will surely be worth more points this time round and that alone will make a big difference, but I think both our reserves could score even better than last time now that they've had a few more meetings - I think both can realistically be aiming for more 2nd string scalps on Friday.

Pedersen in for Batch might be weakening the Robins slightly and it's a shame that us Hammers won't be getting to see Steve Worrall but I look forward to seeing Kildemand as always!

Lakeside Hammers: 1. Peter Karlsson, 2. Richard Lawson, 3. Davey Watt (captain), 4. Mikkel Bech, 5. Lewis Bridger, 6. Ben Morley, 7. Adam Ellis.

Swindon Robins: 1. Peter Kildemand (captain), 2. Dakota North, 3. Nick Morris, 4. Simon Gustafsson, 5. Bjarne Pedersen (guest), 6. Dan Greenwood, 7. Benji Compton (guest).

What is Bjarne's best score at Lakeside?? Was it 19, 20 or 21 points??? :t:

Ridiculous that we have completed 5 meetings and were back here for a second time!...terrific fixture planning no wonder the sport's crowd figures dwindle..and hey ho yet again a team minus regulars pfft

• Like 3

What is Bjarne's best score at Lakeside?? Was it 19, 20 or 21 points??? :t:

As recall his best was 23, but its certainly something very exceptional. He has looked a bit naff at Lakeside for the last few years but he rode well for the Eagles on Good Friday and delivered the goods when he came out on a t/r, so bearing in mind Batch rarely goes at his best at Lakeside I would say that if Bjarne rides as he did on Good Friday he makes the Robins a little stronger. Kildemand's gating was very good in the last 3 rides of his last visit so paired with Bjarne at 1&5 I think they will be a formidable paring, especially as the Peter Karlsson seems to have been lacking his usual sharpness from the gate so far this year.

Swindon's overall record at Lakeside in recent years than probably any other club, and its nearly always a good meeting when they are down The Robins desperately need points if they are to be in the frame at the end and Lakeside can't afford to drop another one at home. Likely to be a closely fought match I would say.

Ridiculous that we have completed 5 meetings and were back here for a second time!...terrific fixture planning no wonder the sport's crowd figures dwindle..and hey ho yet again a team minus regulars pfft

The fixtures were originally more spaced out...but when Batchelor got a call up to the GP, Swindon were able to re-arrange the latter to and earlier date to prevent a clash.

Can't see Swindon getting anything from this one, hopefully Bjarne & PK can come up with the goods and the middle order can all weigh in to get a point...maybe wishful thinking!

Looks like the weather's going to be the winner here. Heavy rain during the day & 85% chance of heavy rain at 8pm :(

If it's postponed, hope it's early, then I can watch the Rockets win at Somerset :)

As a Robin I don't want to see this meeting go ahead as we are missing Batch and Worrall whilst carrying Gustafsson every meeting.

Unfortunately, Stevie Worrall won't ride at Lakeside this season anyhow, because of his Edinburgh commitments. Bachelor would definitely be missed though; been riding Arena really well on his last few visits.

Will there be a minutes applause/silence before the meeting for Lee's birthday?

If not, I hope we can quickly organize one.. Who's the right person to email or contact?

Edited by Liam Gallagher Fan
  • Like 1

Looks like the weather's going to be the winner here. Heavy rain during the day & 85% chance of heavy rain at 8pm :(

If it's postponed, hope it's early, then I can watch the Rockets win at Somerset :)

Weather on BBC Breakfast would indicate a 'clear' ( no rain) later afternoon and evening. Hammers' website will be updated from 1pm onwards.

• Like 1

Will there be a minutes applause/silence before the meeting for Lee's birthday?

If not, I hope we can quickly organize one.. Who's the right person to email or contact?

KKS is back in his 12th incarnation. More changes of identity than Dr Who (and no taste in music apparently )

• Like 1

Can't see this meeting running, but easy Lakeside win against a poop team

No reason why the meeting shouldn't run at the moment as there's been no overnight rain and none so far this morning. If there's any change to that situation then the club's official website will be updated accordingly with the next update scheduled for 1pm unless things alter dramatically before then.

• Like 1

If we get within 10 points, it will be a revelation.If we get a point, it will be a miracle.If we win the match, then there really is a God.

• Like 3

That's a very pessimistic post about our great sport. ;)

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 1