British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Fast Track Riders

Early days i know but the current 20 fast track riders attached to a team averages are as below. Due to the limited number of guest rides by non-attached and indeed attached riders there's no point listing them initially.

They are current up to and including Monday 21st April and for accuracy i compiled them using the Speedway Star match reports.

I've had to put the averages first in order to add some semblance of neatness as there doesn't seem to be a 'table' feature in the forum code? I'll have a more detailed look next time i update them, i've displayed tables and shown others how to do that in the updates forum before, but my memory not kicking in right now lol.

The number in brackets is the rank of the rider in the draft. After the team name comes matches-rides-points-bonus points-total points.

9.20 Kyle Newman (3) Poole 2 10 21 2 23
8.55 Lewis Kerr (1) King's Lynn 5 22 43 4 47
7.79 Lewis Blackbird (4) Eastbourne 4 19 33 4 37
6.70 Adam Ellis (7) Lakeside 8 37 54 8 62
6.10 James Sarjeant (19) Coventry 6 21 24 8 32
6.00 Steve Worrall (13) Swindon 3 14 19 2 21
5.92 Jason Garrity (2) Coventry 6 25 33 4 37
5.78 Lewis Rose (26) King's Lynn 5 18 20 6 26
5.67 Paul Starke (9) Birmingham 3 12 15 2 17
5.60 Stefan Nielsen (5) Belle Vue 5 20 25 3 28
5.50 Ashley Morris (8) Wolverhampton 4 16 19 3 22
5.45 Tom Perry (11) Leicester 7 33 36 9 45
5.45 Joe Jacobs (10) Wolverhampton 3 11 13 2 15
5.24 Ben Morley (21) Lakeside 8 29 32 6 38
4.70 Daniel Halsey (18) Eastbourne 6 23 22 5 27
3.43 Simon Lambert (12) Birmingham 5 21 15 3 18
3.00 Max Clegg (27) Leicester 7 24 14 4 18
2.80 Dan Greenwood (29) Swindon 3 10 5 2 7
2.75 Ben Reade (16) Belle Vue 4 16 9 2 11
2.15 Lee Smart (14) Poole 4 13 6 1 7

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 2

The notes at the end of the bspa list states that the riders will be regraded to current form, has anyone any idea how and when.

Would they use the average calculated while riding in the new reserve system, or is it based on their PL and NL average.

The notes at the end of the bspa list states that the riders will be regraded to current form, has anyone any idea how and when.

Would they use the average calculated while riding in the new reserve system, or is it based on their PL and NL average.

Is that regraded at the end of the season or monthly???

Is that regraded at the end of the season or monthly???

It indicates monthly, although the upgraded list may just be riders added or removed rather than new averages.

16.2.7 Updated EL / PL MA’s (and a FTDP List) will be calculated on all eligible Meetings up to and

including 23rd of each month and issued to become effective from 1st of the following month.

I assume a minumium of 4 home and away applies before average is given

16.2.7 Updated EL / PL MA’s (and a FTDP List) will be calculated on all eligible Meetings up to and

including 23rd of each month and issued to become effective from 1st of the following month.

I assume a minumium of 4 home and away applies before average is given

Yeah but is that not just the usual averages? Is the FTDP list still only going to be a list and not contain averages as A Orlov suggests may be the case?

I've not read up on any of it at all or even had a chance to peruse the regulations. I guess we'll find out soon anyway. Lol a little annoying as i only went to the effort of compiling the averages as i kept reading from official sources mentions that Fast Track riders will NOT receive an average.

the ftdp list may just be re-ordered based on averages rather than including averages, but i don't know.

u could have just grabbed the averages off scbs website and then filter out the non fast trackers. that said, the site is not always quite up to date with the latest meetings

New averages have been put on the BSPA site and there are NONE assigned to the fast track riders list or within the team listings. My work possibly wasn't a waste then lol.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/14issues/el_issue5.pdf Issued 24/04/2014

• Like 2

There is only michelsen given a new average in that list.

Nice work anyway mp.

His new average doesn't take effect until tomorrow so he has his last 'easy' night tonight before moving up to heat leader status :)

There is only michelsen given a new average in that list.

Nice work anyway mp.

It could also have been issued to include the team change at Swindon.

New averages have been put on the BSPA site and there are NONE assigned to the fast track riders list or within the team listings. My work possibly wasn't a waste then lol.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/14issues/el_issue5.pdf Issued 24/04/2014

Taken from the BSPA Elite League averages:

A new FT grade list will be amended according to current form and issued with BSPA Green sheets.

The updated FT Grade list will take effect 1st of month until the last day of the month.

Riders can be added or removed at each of the months FT grade list

so we only have to wait another few days to see the first official updated list!!

Edited by Skidder1

Taken from the BSPA Elite League averages:

A new FT grade list will be amended according to current form and issued with BSPA Green sheets.

The updated FT Grade list will take effect 1st of month until the last day of the month.

Riders can be added or removed at each of the months FT grade list

so we only have to wait another few days to see the first official updated list!!

It's cool if they do as it will save me from doing them. I only put them up (self-compiled in a hurry) as i noticed there were a few asking in various threads as to how riders were performing average wise, also on reflection i was curious myself too. I'm pretty sure nobody on these forums waits until a monthly publication of averages or league tables etc and duly refrains from comment or observation on a subject until then. Imagine not being able to point out that your team has moved up a position in the table until the BSPA updates their league tables, so not sure what your double exclamation mark is about. Did you want me to give a list after just one meeting and a mere four riders having raced? ;)

I then saw that the sheets on the BSPA sites had been updated during the day (24th) - which fitted in with their mention in the regulations that green sheets are updated around the 23rd of the month and take effect on the 1st of a month. I saw that no averages were attached to the fast track riders so that left me, and others, still not clear as to whether they will publish averages or not for the riders. Your quote can be read with different interpretations and i'm still open-minded as to whether we'll see averages or not. Plus of course they may not assign an average to a rider unless they've ridden a certain quota of matches home or away, i had no such restriction, although did point out for poeple to take into account it's early days.

Edited by manchesterpaul

I echo the comments of 'Liam Gallagher Fan', a superb post and thanks for taking the time to work these numbers out.

Thanks MP!

Am I right in thinking that if for example Poole do not replace Lee Smart (2.15 Lee Smart (14) Poole 4 13 6 1 7) before the re-ranking of the riders, they will only be able to replace him with another rider with a lower ranking (of which there are none!) or with a rider who has yet to race as a draft rider?

I hope this is the case as it would mean that teams have to persevere with the young lads when they go through a rough patch, and not just dump them at the first opportunity.