British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Fast Track Riders

Have to step in just on the last bit there. My son ( Adam Ellis) guested for Poole and he said he learned lots in terms of set up etc and the other riders were very helpful.

Fair comment,my bad example, but the point still remains that the benefit of the draft system is the experience that the FTDR riders gain from being with senior riders who should hopefully be passing on experience but the degree of help they get does seem to vary from club to club.

You've said Phil Morris is driving it. What exactly does he do to drive it?

Figure of speech. See Alan Jones post 189 for the context . You'll have to read the whole of Jon Cook's article in SS to get the drift.

Would just like to point out that in my post #197 it was not my intension to have a go at the Lions reserves. It was just to put figures of our season so far. You can make the argument that the reserves are costing us points, but you could also make a case that the top 5 are not good enough. I also accept the figures can be a bit misleading as we have used quite a few guests that have not all worked in our favour.

I still maintain that the good riders will always come through whatever the system.

I just don't think that the draft system should be used in the so called "Elite" League. I as a paying "customer" absolutely hate having this system forced on the punters.....I don't care that reserves should be British,why should I? What I want are competitive reserves not where they come from.

• Like 1