British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Fast Track Riders

I echo the comments of 'Liam Gallagher Fan', a superb post and thanks for taking the time to work these numbers out.

Thanks MP!

Am I right in thinking that if for example Poole do not replace Lee Smart (2.15 Lee Smart (14) Poole 4 13 6 1 7) before the re-ranking of the riders, they will only be able to replace him with another rider with a lower ranking (of which there are none!) or with a rider who has yet to race as a draft rider?

I hope this is the case as it would mean that teams have to persevere with the young lads when they go through a rough patch, and not just dump them at the first opportunity.

But Poole are rumoured to be dropping him before the re-ranking anyway so it doesn't work that they're given time?.

Edited by Crazy robin

It's cool if they do as it will save me from doing them. I only put them up (self-compiled in a hurry) as i noticed there were a few asking in various threads as to how riders were performing average wise, also on reflection i was curious myself too. I'm pretty sure nobody on these forums waits until a monthly publication of averages or league tables etc and duly refrains from comment or observation on a subject until then. Imagine not being able to point out that your team has moved up a position in the table until the BSPA updates their league tables, so not sure what your double exclamation mark is about. Did you want me to give a list after just one meeting and a mere four riders having raced? ;)

I then saw that the sheets on the BSPA sites had been updated during the day (24th) - which fitted in with their mention in the regulations that green sheets are updated around the 23rd of the month and take effect on the 1st of a month. I saw that no averages were attached to the fast track riders so that left me, and others, still not clear as to whether they will publish averages or not for the riders. Your quote can be read with different interpretations and i'm still open-minded as to whether we'll see averages or not. Plus of course they may not assign an average to a rider unless they've ridden a certain quota of matches home or away, i had no such restriction, although did point out for poeple to take into account it's early days.

You must have missed the post that stated Phil Morris would be keeping the FT scores/averages up to date - and as the note on the BSPA's site says 'they will be updated in a revised list each month' and remain valid for that month from the 1st to the last day of that month.

(ps. Its not my quote - its taken straight from the BSPA notes at the bottom of the FT riders list.)

Edited by Skidder1

The new FTDP rider list, effective May 1st, with (this months positions) and [original draft positions]. Josh Bates and Marc Owen are new additions in a guest only capacity. Seems a fair compromise in Josh's case.

1 ( 1) [ 1] Lewis Kerr

2 ( 3) [ 3] Kyle Newman

3 ( 4) [ 4] Lewis Blackbird

4 ( 2) [ 2] Jason Garrity

5 ( 7) [ 6] Adam Ellis

6 ( 5) [ 5] Stefan Nielsen

7# ( 6) [--] Charles Wright

8 (13) [12] Steve Worrall

9 ( 8) [ 7] Ashley Morris

10 (10) [ 9] Joe Jacobs

11 ( 9) [ 8] Paul Starke

12 (11) [10] Tom Perry

13 (12) [11] Simon Lambert

14 (19) [17] James Sarjeant

15 (15) [--] Benji Compton

16 (26) [20] Lewis Rose

17# (--) [15] Josh Bates

18# (22) [--] Oliver Greenwood

19 (14) [13] Lee Smart

20 (18) [16] Daniel Halsey

21 (21) [18] Ben Morley

22 (16) [14] Ben Reade

23 (17) [--] Darren Mallett

24# (20) [--] Tim Webster

25 (23) [19] Ben Hopwood

26# (24) [--] Liam Carr

27# (25) [--] Kyle Hughes

28 (27) [21] Max Clegg

29 (28) [22] Darryl Ritchings

30 (29) [23] Dan Greenwood

31 (30) [--] Brendan Johnson

32# (35) [--] Jack Kingston

33 (33) [--] Nathan Greaves

34# (--) [--] Marc Owen

35 (31) [--] Lee Payne

36 (32) [--] Luke Crang

37 (34) [--] Matt Williamson

38# (36) [--] Brandon Freemantle

Edited by Alan_Jones

You must have missed the post that stated Phil Morris would be keeping the FT scores/averages up to date - and as the note on the BSPA's site says 'they will be updated in a revised list each month' and remain valid for that month from the 1st to the last day of that month.

(ps. Its not my quote - its taken straight from the BSPA notes at the bottom of the FT riders list.)

Yeah that's cool, i must have missed that post. Only thing is i've seen that section of the BSPA notes you refer to when it was first published and i was asking if it did include averages as it could read just the rankings are redone, then agian i hadn't/haven't seen the Morris post you mention.

I also was of the mind they won't list averages unless riders have completed a certian amount of hame and away mathces. With the way fixtures are unevenly spread out for some riders that could take ages to find out how they are performing.

The new FTDP rider list, effective May 1st, with (this months positions) and [original draft positions]. Josh Bates and Marc Owen are new additions in a guest only capacity. Seems a fair compromise in Josh's case.
1 ( 1) [ 1] Lewis Kerr
2 ( 3) [ 3] Kyle Newman
5 ( 7) [ 6] Adam Ellis
10 (10) [ 9] Joe Jacobs
11 ( 9) [ 8] Paul Starke
12 (11) [10] Tom Perry
16 (26) [20] Lewis Rose
17# (--) [15] Josh Bates
19 (14) [13] Lee Smart
21 (21) [18] Ben Morley
22 (16) [14] Ben Reade
25 (23) [19] Ben Hopwood
26# (24) [--] Liam Carr
28 (27) [21] Max Clegg
34# (--) [--] Marc Owen
35 (31) [--] Lee Payne
36 (32) [--] Luke Crang

Ummmm! where are the averages? :)

Edited by manchesterpaul

SR16.2.1 ESTABLISHED MA’s are calculated on a “Rolling” basis, for a specified number of applicable

Meetings, taking account of the number of Heats and Points (excluding Bonus Points) that a

Rider has scored. The applicable Meetings are:

Elite League: League Meetings, excluding the Play-Offs

Premier League: League Cup mini-League Meetings & regular League Meetings

National League: League Meetings, excluding the Play-Offs.

NB: (Double) points scored as a TR will count at 50%. FTDP Riders in the EL and all

Riders appearing as a Guest or as a #8 are ignored.

Have a look at SCB's faaaaaaaaaaabulous website http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/

You'll have to scour every team for the draft averages but they are all there. Unless SCB fancies putting in a draft category in the EL section. I may stick a couple of extra a's in faaaaaaaaaaabulous :lol:

Have a look at SCB's faaaaaaaaaaabulous website http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/

You'll have to scour every team for the draft averages but they are all there. Unless SCB fancies putting in a draft category in the EL section. I may stick a couple of extra a's in faaaaaaaaaaabulous :lol:

I'll try and get the site up to date tonight. But yes, I was thinking of putting some sort of split by heatleader, second string and reserves on so will look into it.

I'll try and get the site up to date tonight. But yes, I was thinking of putting some sort of split by heatleader, second string and reserves on so will look into it.

You're a wonderful man SCB and don't let anyone tell you otherwise :t:

• Like 1

Pretty sure averages won't count anyway,If they were to go into a teams 1-5 next season they would start on a 3.

Pretty sure averages won't count anyway,If they were to go into a teams 1-5 next season they would start on a 3.

Got to if we're gonna help them ......

SR16.2.1 ESTABLISHED MA’s are calculated on a “Rolling” basis, for a specified number of applicable
Meetings, taking account of the number of Heats and Points (excluding Bonus Points) that a
Rider has scored. The applicable Meetings are:
Elite League: League Meetings, excluding the Play-Offs
Premier League: League Cup mini-League Meetings & regular League Meetings
National League: League Meetings, excluding the Play-Offs.
NB: (Double) points scored as a TR will count at 50%. FTDP Riders in the EL and all
Riders appearing as a Guest or as a #8 are ignored.

Eh? ok i still on a run of late nights and sleep deprivation but.....does that mean it's a good job i cobbled up these stats as the BSPA ones will be ignoring the Fast Track riders performances in the Elite League?

Also i avoid the 'rolling' averages like the plague, especially over more than the current season, as i am interested in a riders current sporting performance over the WHOLE of THIS season. I'm not interested in knocking off or adding percentages of averages for this, that or whatever reason regards to the team building rules, i want to know - and published - riders averages according to their sporting performance for this season. Rolling averages are a technical tool used for team building/regulations, i'm a what is happening before my eyes speedway fan and only wish to know how a rider is doing in his sporting performance over this season.

Eh? and ummmm lol ;) so you're asking SCB to do what i've already done here?

What is the point of scouring/ploughing through 10 teams averages - and trying to memorize them!!! - if you can see them all in a single list in this thread?

I've still not had time to read up on the rules regarding the averages. But do i take it the top 5 will be interchanging all year long and taking it in turns if in the top three to mainly ride against the top riders in the team and if a second string mainly ride against the other second strings and the fast track riders/reserves? If so although it sounds a good idea for SCB to split his averages into heat leaders/second strings/reserves it's pretty pointless as a sporting indicator to form with a riders average being dependent on which particular cycle he's on....racing against the best riders of a team or the weakest! I'm still agog at how they are going to set team building averages next year (hell even ordering this season's lol).

The reason i did split the Fast Track riders averages is because they are set to stay in their 6 and 7 positions over the whole season, therefore one can get a judgement of form.

'Screamer' you've totally lost me on all this adding extra a's etc what are you celebrating??? I can't get a handle on that at all?

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

1 ( 1) [ 1] Lewis Kerr

2 ( 3) [ 3] Kyle Newman

5 ( 7) [ 6] Adam Ellis

10 (10) [ 9] Joe Jacobs

11 ( 9) [ 8] Paul Starke

12 (11) [10] Tom Perry

16 (26) [20] Lewis Rose

17# (--) [15] Josh Bates

19 (14) [13] Lee Smart

21 (21) [18] Ben Morley

22 (16) [14] Ben Reade

25 (23) [19] Ben Hopwood

26# (24) [--] Liam Carr

28 (27) [21] Max Clegg

34# (--) [--] Marc Owen

35 (31) [--] Lee Payne

36 (32) [--] Luke Crang

Interesting how Brandon Freeantle has made it onto the list as a declared 3.00 and for example Danny Stoneman and Ryan Black lock at 4.29 and 4.43 aren't I wonder how they compile the list maybe they turned it down but it would be interesting to see the criteria to make 'The list' Edited by TMW

So it doesn't look like the BSPA page will be updated with averages, the updated Fast Track list is already published and effective from tomorrow (1st May). If they aren't i'll update these averages as they are valuable to look at sporting performance over the whole of this current season in a single list.

Not sure why if they are grading the riders based on averages they won't publish them, gee are Fast Track riders averages the new 'attendance figures' of the sport as in never to be revealed because of shame? lol.

Ain't it great to see how the draft system is working fairly again tonight in the Kings Lynn Vs. Leicester meeting tonight :sad:

Ain't it great to see how the draft system is working fairly again tonight in the Kings Lynn Vs. Leicester meeting tonight :sad:

I agree it was a severe imbalance but isn't it Leicester's fault for not choosing different riders than they did? Aren't King's Lynn to be praised for choosing the riders they did? Or were the riders allotted with no say from the clubs involved, a bit like Rider Control in the old days?

If it was all down to club's selections then it's similar to how every season ALL teams start equal in that they all have a set points limit. Praise should be given to those clubs whose selections end up scoring much higher than the others and criticism should be levelled at those whose choices have their team outclassed?

• Like 1