British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
June01

Bundesliga

No German thread this year? I was wondering what the purpose of the heat 0 is, if anyone knows please?

No one knows, not even here in Germany. The officials (DMSB) surpirse us every year with something stupid (much like Your BSPA), and this year we have got a Heat 0 in the Bundesliga.

For better undersatnding, we had 14 heats in the Bundesliga up until last year, but this year a fifteenth heat was added. But instead of re-numbering the heats from 1 to 15, they go from 0 (zero) to 14.

Caught Brokstedt out today,as they didn't have a heat 0 in the programme!!!!

we got some crazy fellaz in there. Instead of copying the other leagues and just doing the same, every year they dig out another stupid idea and everybody is laughing at us..Now there are just three teams left omg....We live in a democratic country so the fans should decide whats goin on ;). Poor Germany

we got some crazy fellaz in there. Instead of copying the other leagues and just doing the same, every year they dig out another stupid idea and everybody is laughing at us..Now there are just three teams left omg....We live in a democratic country so the fans should decide whats goin on ;). Poor Germany

Give them their due,there was an open offer(at least from Brokstedt) for suggestions on changes to the Bundesliga.I put forward the idea to get rid of the helmet colour for gates and start using the normal rule of red/blue for home team and white/yellow for the away team.They did take that up,which helped me out at least because i was always getting confused with the previous system.I also suggested some years back the reserves rode against each other,as they were at the time usually well outclassed.This was also introduced,but dropped after a year or so :P So they are open to suggestions from the fans and maybe we don't always get it right either.

The Bundesliga as a competition is a bit of a mickey mouse thing,but if it provides good speedway it doesn't matter that much.Yesterday there was over 3,000 at Brokstedt which compares good with the Bromberg GP.As it is they are lucky there are 3 teams that are in,as after last years fiasco at the Brokstedt v Landshut meeting,Brokstedt were seriously considering not entering this year i think

Trying to double check the result of heat 7 (if using heat 0) from Wolfslake v Landshut, and not having much luck anywhere else. Most media sites are reporting that Deddens replaced Schultz in that heat (the one with the joker) but I think they may all be using the same source, which is the Falubaz website, and can't see any reason why they would have made that move. Was anyone there who can confirm if Deddens did in fact ride two heats in a row, or if that's a typo please?

Edited by June01

Have sorted the above question, but how was Ulamek allowed to replace Deddens in heat 10? Does the Bundesliga have some bizarre rule book this year? :unsure:

Yes, bizzare rules. Deddens was ruled unfit to continue riding by the track doctor. He apparently had high blood pressure. Very handy for Wolfslake, as they were now able to replace their worst rider (Deddens) with any other one of their remaining four, and chose Ulamek.

The Bundesliga has introduced "guest riders" this year, and Landshut used German champion Kai Huckenbeck as a guest for their injured junior Michael Härtel at Wolfslake. Yet, Härtel had already made his comeback from that injury when he turned out for Landshut's junior team at Olching a week ago on Sunday, and had scored a fifteen point max. Härtel rides for the Devils in to-night's return match against Wolfslake at Landshut.

Tonight at Landshut, the Wolfslake team have a guest rider, Tobias Kroner (a former Landshut rider), replacing Mathias Schultz, who was "injured" (burns to his leg) last Sunday at Wolfslake, but had completed the whole meeting with his "injury", apparently showing no ill effects then.

I hate the guest rider scheme, because it opens the door for cheating (allowing a horses-for-courses strategy, by replacing out-of form riders with guests who go particularly good a certain tracks). This makes a mockery of what should be a fair and square sporting contest. It should be abolished immediately.

• Like 1

In fairness i did see get well messages on the net to both Deddens and Matze,so maybe there was something in it. Big maybe...... ;)

I'd agree on the guests.The Bundesliga is bad enough with only 3 teams,but when you get a rider from one team turning out as a guest for one of the other two teams.....ach who gives a ############## :rofl:

I'd say that the Bundsliga is a very good competition, even with only three teams left. Five teams in the Bundesliga would be the ideal number, to make it a round-robin-tournament with two home and two away meetings for each team, followed by the top two play-off finals.

What I am not happy about is the introduction of guest riders. But I will be at Landshut to-night for the re-match with Wolfslake Berlin. It's a must win situation for the Devils in their last meeting of the regular season. I guess they will win to-night, and if Brokstedt wins at Wolfslake, Landshut will be in the finals versus the Vikings ( I only hope that no guest rides will be used in the finals).

To be honest as a meeting in itself the Brokstedt v Wolfslake meeting was a good one.But the line up for Landshut(at Brokstedt) didn't inspire me to go the meeting,even though i would have got in for nothing!!!!Maybe the meeting turned out to be good,but the result was what i thought it would be.

Edited by iris123

Thanks, Bavarian. Don't averages come into play with the guest system then? Surely they can't just use anyone?

No, the points averages have no meaning in the Bundesliga. Any German rider can replace any other German rider as a guest. All German riders are regarded as Grade B. The only excepetion this year is Smolinski, as he is a SGP rider. Therefore he has the status of a foreign rider, Grade A. That is why Landshut this year can only track one foreigner alongside Smolinski in their team. The other teams can track two foreigners.

Bundesliga team line-ups numbers 1 to 6 consist of the following types of rider:

1 - Grade A rider (a foreigner or a German Grand Prix rider)

2 - Grade A rider (a foreigner or a German Grand Prix rider)

3 - Grade B (German rider)

4 - Grade B (German rider)

5 - Junior (German U23 rider)

6 - Junior (German U21 rider)

Number 6 is optional, and has no programmed rides.

• Like 1