British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 28/04/2014

Anybody know the teams? Newman withdrew last night so if he's still unfit it would probably be ex Ace Garrity at reserve.

On the Aces website it has Guest TBC for Smart, what's that all about?

Just noticed that Kyle is also missing the Plymouth fixture tonight.

Edited by ouch

What difference does it make if Holder likes or dislikes a track as long as he scores points on it and doesn't let his team down. In the Grand Prix there are tracks he likes and others he ain't so keen on. All riders are like that but are still capable of doing the job they are paid for.

I am completely correct in saying Holder hates the place. Go and ask him on Monday if you don't believe me. I have seen those words come out of his mouth twice. He dispises the track.

Bullseye, hole in one, back of the net & 100% predictable :D

Anybody know the teams? Newman withdrew last night so if he's still unfit it would probably be ex Ace Garrity at reserve.

On the Aces website it has Guest TBC for Smart, what's that all about?

Just noticed that Kyle is also missing the Plymouth fixture tonight.

I think the BV website, at the end of the Wolves/BV match report, shows 'Guest TBC for Newman'!! Smart's name has just been accidentally missed off the list!! :wink:

Bullseye, hole in one, back of the net & 100% predictable :D

you are just agreeing with what I meant

Josh bates for Smart.

Well someone had to say it. Not saying its true though.

• Like 1

Wonder if it's a Belle Vue mistake and it's TBH for Newman and not smart. Seems a resonable mistake

Edited by Phil The Ace

Because he is such a good rider who enjoys riding for the Champs.

Wonder if bet 365 are going to venture up there or Wolves on Monday?

Belle Vue v Poole on Bet365 Monday

• Like 1

so on one hand we have the resident master of getting facts wrong in Shovlar saying Holder hates the place, then another poster saying he rarely drops a point!

so lets have a look!

JUNE 2011 - 12 +1 from 5

AUGUST 2011 - 14 from 5

JULY 2012 - 11 + 1 from 4 (paid max)

JUNE 2013 - 14 +1 from 6

So yet again Shovlar has no clue about facts before posting as basically Holder flies round there!

But he is always good at getting things wrong.

I am completely correct in saying Holder hates the place. Go and ask him on Monday if you don't believe me. I have seen those words come out of his mouth twice. He dispises the track.

PMFSL. Your prediction factors Holder`s dislike of the track yet his record shows it was a nonsense prediction. Shov classic.

Josh bates for Smart.

Well someone had to say it. Not saying its true though.

That was the rumour the minute Smart was signed and Bates pulled out of Swindon.

Reading his interview in SS he wont be looking to travel that far however.

I would be disappointed to see Lee Smart leave the Pirates, he might not be a great speedway rider but he's trying his hardest.

Not everyone has the voice of Liam Gallagher but you still sing along to songs like Don't look back in anger and Stop crying your heart out

Edited by Liam Gallagher Fan

You would think and hope Bates will be rated higher than Smart when included in the list.

• Like 2

You would think and hope Bates will be rated higher than Smart when included in the list.

With Smart 14th on the list i can only see Bates rated lower sadly.

Can anyone remember which number he was on the original draft?

From 29th November ------The full list of riders available, in order of ranking, is as follows: Lewis Kerr, Jason Garrity, Kyle Newman, Lewis Blackbird, Stefan Nielsen, Adam Ellis, Ashley Morris, Paul Starke, Joe Jacobs, Tom Perry, Simon Lambert, Steve Worrall, Lee Smart, Ben Reade, Josh Bates, Daniel Halsey, James Sarjeant, Ben Morley, Ben Hopwood, Lewis Rose, Max Clegg, Darryl Ritchings, Dan Greenwood.

So with Smart absent it looks like Bates SHOULD be rated higher.

Edited by stevebrum

With Smart 14th on the list i can only see Bates rated lower sadly.

Can anyone remember which number he was on the original draft?

From 29th November ------The full list of riders available, in order of ranking, is as follows: Lewis Kerr, Jason Garrity, Kyle Newman, Lewis Blackbird, Stefan Nielsen, Adam Ellis, Ashley Morris, Paul Starke, Joe Jacobs, Tom Perry, Simon Lambert, Steve Worrall, Lee Smart, Ben Reade, Josh Bates, Daniel Halsey, James Sarjeant, Ben Morley, Ben Hopwood, Lewis Rose, Max Clegg, Darryl Ritchings, Dan Greenwood.

So with Smart absent it looks like Bates SHOULD be rated higher.

So Bates is lower than Lee Smart.

Poole should be allowed to swap them but If anything, It weakens them as Smart is higher in the rankings

Edited by Liam Gallagher Fan

If list is revised (taking in to account Form as Morris stated) then Bates will def be higher than Smart

If list is revised (taking in to account Form as Morris stated) then Bates will def be higher than Smart

Form is very subjective, for me you have to use the list at the start of the season.

Absolutely. As he was in the top 20 first draft list there is no reason why he would be ranked lower than Smart.

No doubt `it will be in the best interest of Speedway if he is ranked lower and Poole can therefore sign him`.

• Like 1