British Speedway Forum
Mjolnir

Wolverhampton V Lakeside - Elb 28/04/14

The Hammers are off to Wolverhampton tomorrow, with Steve Worrall guesting for Adam Ellis who is still feeling the effects of a shoulder injury from a crash at Lakeside on Friday. Worrall is a good guest and hopefully he'll score well for us but it would have been interesting to see how Ellis did against the Wolves reserves!

PK certainly gives us a bit of confidence as visitors, particularly with Tai being a bit off-form so far this season, but we'll need all of the team to do their bit to pick up some league points. Hopefully Bech will cause you some problems too!

• Like 2

Excellent guest. We need a big night for Tai or another meeting of dropped points.

Can't wait for this encounter.

We will need to be on top form or potentially suffer the backlash of a Wolves revival. I can imagine that Pete Adams has read them the bloody riot act!

Anyway, let's just hope that the apparent early evening rain doesn't cause the meeting to be abandoned. I always look forward to my visits to Monmore Green. Undoubtedly, the best racing track in the Elite League (very similar to my beloved Hackney in so many ways); and the finest grub to be found anywhere in the sport.

• Like 4

I always look forward to my visits to Monmore Green. Undoubtedly, the best racing track in the Elite League (very similar to my beloved Hackney in so many ways); and the finest grub to be found anywhere in the sport.

I haven't visited Monmore Green yet (I'm hoping to later this season or next year at the latest) but you're certainly selling it to me - especially the good grub!

The Hammers are off to Wolverhampton tomorrow, with Steve Worrall guesting for Adam Ellis who is still feeling the effects of a shoulder injury from a crash at Lakeside on Friday. Worrall is a good guest and hopefully he'll score well for us but it would have been interesting to see how Ellis did against the Wolves reserves!

PK certainly gives us a bit of confidence as visitors, particularly with Tai being a bit off-form so far this season, but we'll need all of the team to do their bit to pick up some league points. Hopefully Bech will cause you some problems too!

Having real prop posting

Very nervous about this match. Considering the form of Woffinden and Proctor, I think the Hammers will take the points. :cry:

Guest GiveusaB

Can't wait for this encounter.

We will need to be on top form or potentially suffer the backlash of a Wolves revival. I can imagine that Pete Adams has read them the bloody riot act!

Anyway, let's just hope that the apparent early evening rain doesn't cause the meeting to be abandoned. I always look forward to my visits to Monmore Green. Undoubtedly, the best racing track in the Elite League (very similar to my beloved Hackney in so many ways); and the finest grub to be found anywhere in the sport.

If you'd have seen last week's match against Belle Vue? the track was far from the best in the Elite league!

It's no where near as good as Swindon! IMO

If you'd have seen last week's match against Belle Vue? the track was far from the best in the Elite league!

Monmore is regularly awarded the best prepared track so its a bit of a silly comment to make.

I agree Swindon is better than Perry Barr which is one of the worst IMO, certainly worst for viewing.

• Like 1

Mjoinir agree with what you say about Worrall but Adam is riding well and will be missed

PK should score well and with Tai off form a bit I see an away win

Hope I have sorted pc now LOL

• Like 1

Is that the meeting with some superb racing, with passing and repassing in a number of heats?

As I think Beowulf said this is a tricky meeting for Wolves, one they simply cannot afford to lose if they have any playoff hopes.

I wonder which Joe Jacobs will show up, the very very promising one I saw when I was in England for the opening meets of the season... or the one I saw against Kings Lynn who was way off the pace. It could be crucial.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

I always look forward to my visits to Monmore Green. Undoubtedly, the best racing track in the Elite League (very similar to my beloved Hackney in so many ways); and the finest grub to be found anywhere in the sport.

Not according to this it's not. :shock:

Which has the worst food you have tasted?

Wolverhampton/Dudley. Had the worst burger EVER from there a few years back. I had to go to the toilet immediately to get it out from me.

Was still hungry, so bought some crisps thinking little could go wrong there.

They tasted pretty manky, too, and that's when I noticed they were 3 months out of date.

Weather gorgeous, think this is going to be tougher than people expect - A point is definitely doable tho. Looking forward to watching the grader go around, that guy's super fast...

Not according to this it's not. :shock:

Which has the worst food you have tasted?

Wolverhampton/Dudley. Had the worst burger EVER from there a few years back. I had to go to the toilet immediately to get it out from me.

Was still hungry, so bought some crisps thinking little could go wrong there.

They tasted pretty manky, too, and that's when I noticed they were 3 months out of date.

Loved a beer and a burger on my visits to Brandon. Provided I was prepared to wait 20 minutes to get served :P

Ht13 Ben replaces Lewis..- Good call (I mean that, no irony) what excuses has Lewis got now?