Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Mjolnir

Wolverhampton V Lakeside - Elb 28/04/14

Good point for the Shoppers. If Tai knows what's the issue then he needs to get his skates on sorting it, that's 2 home points and probably at least 1 away in a week his problems have cost us. Surely if it's mechanical you can't be in a better position than world champ to demand it's sorted? Or is there more to it than we're being told? The longer it goes on for the more probable it's the latter.

• Like 1

Good point for the Shoppers. If Tai knows what's the issue then he needs to get his skates on sorting it, that's 2 home points and probably at least 1 away in a week his problems have cost us. Surely if it's mechanical you can't be in a better position than world champ to demand it's sorted? Or is there more to it than we're being told? The longer it goes on for the more probable it's the latter.

Perhaps Tai is thinking of changing sports,playing in Jody Craddock,s testimonial at Molineux next week. :D

• Like 1

Ht13 Ben replaces Lewis..- Good call (I mean that, no irony) what excuses has Lewis got now?

Terrible from Lewis tonight - only completing one race (at the back) just isn't good enough.

Before the meeting started I would have been very pleased with 1 league point, but after being level right up to heat 13 I can't help but feel like we could have got more! That's not to say I'm not pleased though - well done to the Hammers for picking up another away point and to the Wolves for pulling it back towards the end of the meeting.

Great night for Davey, a solid effort from Richard, and Steve Worrall was a great guest as expected. I was hoping for a couple more points from Bech but to be fair I'm not sure he's had many laps round Monmore Green before (if any) and let's be honest, he's had a great season so far!

Fantastic scores for Pawlicki and Wells - the Wolves fans must love watching them at the moment! Another bad night for Tai though - hopefully he'll get his bike issues sorted out soon.

• Like 1

People keep saying there are more to Tai's problems than bikes.....what are they then ?....injuries ?....he seemed to cope with those last season....he shouldn't be having constant bike problems as world champ...that should be easily sorted.....so what is the problem ?

Ht13 Ben replaces Lewis..- Good call (I mean that, no irony) what excuses has Lewis got now?

He hasn't got an excuse. He said himself on his website that he has the best engines he has ever had and its all down to him now. For the second time this year he is pulled out of heat 13 and replaced by Ben Morley.

So frustrating. The Hammers will probably never get another chance like this with Tai off form. These are the chances you have to grab to build up your points. Lewis only had to score a few and Lakeside could have been walking away with 2 or 3 points instead of 1. Very rare for any team to get a chance of a win at Wolves but this was one of those chances and Lewis bike blew it.

Great to see a captains innings from Dave Watt., PK showed he can still do it when it matters, good to see Ty Proctor getting back in the groove and Wolves must be more than pleased with the way Ricky Wells is blossoming.

• Like 1

People keep saying there are more to Tai's problems than bikes.....what are they then ?....injuries ?....he seemed to cope with those last season....he shouldn't be having constant bike problems as world champ...that should be easily sorted.....so what is the problem ?

The lad has been through a lot in his short life & whatever his problems are I hope they get sorted & I'm hoping it is just machinery issues & nothing more serious.

• Like 1

He hasn't got an excuse. He said himself on his website that he has the best engines he has ever had and its all down to him now. For the second time this year he is pulled out of heat 13 and replaced by Ben Morley.

So frustrating. The Hammers will probably never get another chance like this with Tai off form. These are the chances you have to grab to build up your points. Lewis only had to score a few and Lakeside could have been walking away with 2 or 3 points instead of 1. Very rare for any team to get a chance of a win at Wolves but this was one of those chances and Lewis bike blew it.

Great to see a captains innings from Dave Watt., PK showed he can still do it when it matters, good to see Ty Proctor getting back in the groove and Wolves must be more than pleased with the way Ricky Wells is blossoming.

Wells riding really well at the min.

Have to say I'm rather concerned about Woffy. In fact, I'm a little concerned now about all the British riders. The way things are at the moment we'll struggle to make the race-off in the WC at this rate. We really need Scott Nicholls to return right now

• Like 2

Bridger is a waste of space IMO.Never going get any better just playing at speedway.

Tais problems are probably not helped by the fact his grandmother passed away recently.

Great meeting again, Ricky Wells - his time has finally come! And Ashley Morris is giving us some

good entertainment with lots of changing of lines.

But Piotr Pawlicki once again steals the show, he is just awesome and makes up for a lost point or two. Six more meetings until he's officially an asset!

• Like 2

Scott Nicholls called it and I agree that the pressure is affecting Tai.

Called it wrong.

Nowt wrong with Tai`s confidence.

• Like 1

How did we pull that out the bag??

The Hammers came looking to steal against the way below form of our World Champ.

From the off it seemed it was going to be the Hammers night and with 5 heats left had pulled back ahead by 4 with at least 3 rides from PK to come.

However i don't know what was said before the break because we came back fighting big time.

However step forward the stars of the night Pawlicki and Wells who were just immense for us tonight. Both thoroughly deserved there heat 15 nomination. Don`t think i have ever seen Ricky ride with such force and power.

The track was prepared immaculate tonight as the times showed what a bit of dirt can do. Heat 1 was so close to the Fast Freddie all time best.

The Hammers were generally sharp and smart out of the gate and we really need to step that up in the coming weeks as it seems at the moment we are carrying a number one.

Great weather too, crowd was up on the Aces match.

The Hammers thoroughly earned a valuable point tonight but with the position they had put themselves in will feel mightily unhappy to not have taken more.

ANOTHER dropped point at home. Once Tai is sorted we will need some away wins to make up for those lost points................. that's in the coming weeks and months i hope.

But for now well done the boys on another back against the wall performance.

WOLVES

TAI - big engine blow in heat 1, bottling out of corners on the opening bends. Looked quicker in Heat 13. Repeated his words again on the victory parade that he said at the Polish GP. GET IT SORTED CHAMP, we need you big time. 1/5

JACOB - Had a slow night until a vital win just when we needed it in Heat 12. Still a solid nights scoring. 2.5/5

TY - Couldn't hold Watt off in heat 3 and had a slice of good fortune in Heat 6 when PK got out of shape in the opening bend and as good as gifting us the points. Was helped big time by Piotr in the 11th. Announced he has signed for Sheffield tonight so it looks the the Swedish contract is out the window. He needs more racing and now he can start getting back some sharpness that is slowly coming thru, particularly at home.2.5/5

RICKY - Immense night. His battles with Watt and PK were superb all out effort. Looking quick and so comfortable on the bike right now. 4.5/5 MOTM

PIOTR - Another superb night as he is fast becoming the new king of Monmore. Taking yet more huge EL scalps and his pass on the master of Monmore was effortless. Sublime talent in front of our eyes. 4.5/5

JOE - tough night for him. Wasn't blaming his injury and hopes to get back to where he started in the first few weeks. Never in the hunt. 0/5

ASH - Outdone in both reserves and generally the poor man to Worrall until he took the pressure in heat 14 and made a neat pass on the 3rd bend of his nemesis. Kept the pressure with Worrall chasing and held on for an oh so vital point. 2/5

HAMMERS

PK - Super quick in the opener but then not quite as sharp after. Turned out to be his only race win. Held his cool nerve in the final heat under huge pressure from Wells. 2/5

LAWSON - A solid showing and more than did his job. Beat Woffy and Proctor. 3.5/5

WATT - Superb until the final heat when after 5 races cold he was not set up right for the 15th. Otherwise a classy night. 4/5

BECH - I think i`m right in saying its his first meeting at the track? Took a great win in his 2nd heat and pushed Ricky hard in the 14th with the track a little slicker. 2.5/5

BRIDGER - OH DEAR. An awful night for Lewis. Never finished a race, did 2 laps in 2 heats and 3 in his final outing. Unlucky in Heat 6 when PK left him with no option but to shut off. My real bug bear with riders is not bothering to complete races if under power and Lewis couldnt be bothered to finish any of his heats and was deservedly pulled out of Heat 13. A truly off night at the office. 0/5

MORLEY - Was impressed with his effort and gating. took a 100% over his opposite number. 2/5

WORRALL - It is clear why he is in such popular demand as a guest right now. More than adequate guest for Ellis and the most dominant reserve by far. 3.5/5

Did not say confidence. The pressure on Tai's shoulders this year is massive.

Of course it is, he has the confidence to deal with pressure is what i meant.

• Like 1