British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Happy Hunter

Leicester Track Break In

Saw that on the news too, can do without bloody things like that, takes me back to the troubles we had at Milton Keynes although most of that was organised to stop us running.

Nice insurance claim to go towards the track improvements hopefully!! :wink:

• Like 1

The trouble with the Lions track is that it placed so out of the way, that it makes it an easy target. Not sure if they have any security cameras around the stadium. But now looks like it may be a good investment to make.

It is a shame that people have to stoop to doing things like this. I just hope that it dosen't affect the running of the stadium in any way.

There is no mention about this on the Lions home page, which I thought there would have been.

Edited by weatherwatcher

Hope they haven't nicked the new golf buggy. :shock:

• Like 2

They nicked the contents of the trophy room. Police are looking for 2 blokes carrying a 6' x 4' carpet.

• Like 6

i am sorry but I don't see this as anything to joke about. If this had been some of the in the MDL OR NL this sort of thing to the value of what they had stolen could have meant that the stadium would have to close. I find nothing at all funny in someone breaking into property. Be it a speedway stadium or someones house and thier private possetions being stollen.

The people involved need to be stopped.

But knowing who our laws work they will just get a few hours comunity service for doing something like this.

This must have been done by someone with a knowladge of the stadiun to have known what they where looking for.

It is such a shame that it has happened and they is no mention to what sort of damage they have caused during the break in.

i am sorry but I don't see this as anything to joke about. If this had been some of the in the MDL OR NL this sort of thing to the value of what they had stolen could have meant that the stadium would have to close. I find nothing at all funny in someone breaking into property. Be it a speedway stadium or someones house and thier private possetions being stollen.

The people involved need to be stopped.

But knowing who our laws work they will just get a few hours comunity service for doing something like this.

This must have been done by someone with a knowladge of the stadiun to have known what they where looking for.

It is such a shame that it has happened and they is no mention to what sort of damage they have caused during the break in.

you didn't nick the dictionary then :)
  • Like 4

Call yourselves speedway fans? Would be really funny if the track had to close wouldn't it. Utter f*ckwits.

• Like 2

Call yourselves speedway fans? Would be really funny if the track had to close wouldn't it. Utter f*ckwits.

get a grip man.... And a sense of humour
  • Like 4

shame they didn't nick the track.

Apparently they tried too but the straights were too long to get them on the lorry!

Seriously though not good news

Edited by Shirl

get a grip man.... And a sense of humour

Sense of humour? I bet you'd be splitting your sides of it was Newcastle wouldn't you. I don't recall anyone laughing when Edinburgh got broken into, but we should all piss ourselves because it's Leicester. I swear to God I'll never sign another petition when a track is threatened with closure, let them just bulldoze it & give everyone a good laugh. We must have a sense of humour after all.

• Like 3