British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Happy Hunter

Leicester Track Break In

Sense of humour? I bet you'd be splitting your sides of it was Newcastle wouldn't you. I don't recall anyone laughing when Edinburgh got broken into, but we should all piss ourselves because it's Leicester. I swear to God I'll never sign another petition when a track is threatened with closure, let them just bulldoze it & give everyone a good laugh. We must have a sense of humour after all.

oh you're taking banter and a jest totally out of context.... What should we all do sit and mope about it? Or laugh in the face of adversity?? Nobody has died, it's just a bit of lighthearted banter, surely you recognise this?? If it was newcastle, I would see the funny side of the inevitable jokes that would come our way. Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

Rumour has it there was 4 of them and they had to do it in single file as they couldn't get by each other?

Priceless :rofl:

This is terrible to hear. I hope the people responsible are caught. X

• Like 1

Coincidently there's a travellers 'camp' pretty close by.

This is not the first time it's happened,I seem to recall it was raided twice before........it stopped when the coppers moved them on.

Obviously I'm not saying it's definitely them.....probably just a coincidence?

• Like 3

This is not the first time it's happened,I seem to recall it was raided twice before........it stopped when the coppers moved them on.

Probably not would be my guess...

• Like 1

I've worked somewhere when a group of 'travellers' set up nearby and they caused havoc - trying to break in to the premises and damaging it, stealing the guttering, defecating in the premises entrance, and scattering rubbish and litter everywhere.

I'm sure the promotion would have insurance to cover such an eventuality won't they?

I wonder where the £40k estimate came from?

I'd say more than a coincidence. Some scrap metal to sell and some beer for a party in a caravan.

Mind you, what do Leicester Speedway own, that could have been taken, that's worth as much as £40k? Sounds a very high estimate to me.

Also, what's happened to the on-site security? Where was that?

Edited by LionsDen

Probably 100% correct.

Sense of humour? I bet you'd be splitting your sides of it was Newcastle wouldn't you. I don't recall anyone laughing when Edinburgh got broken into, but we should all piss ourselves because it's Leicester. I swear to God I'll never sign another petition when a track is threatened with closure, let them just bulldoze it & give everyone a good laugh. We must have a sense of humour after all.

it was a one liner, and a pretty good one. people have jokes online within hours of celbs dying, to take offence at Arson's quip is hyper sensitive IMHO.

you'd assume it's all covered by insurance, bar maybe a couple of grand excess, so you'd hardly expect it to put the club under.

it was a one liner, and a pretty good one. people have jokes online within hours of celbs dying, to take offence at Arson's quip is hyper sensitive IMHO.

you'd assume it's all covered by insurance, bar maybe a couple of grand excess, so you'd hardly expect it to put the club under.

No you wouldn't if it was the first time something like this had happened. We have already had a break in where someone set fire to the pits area caused extensive damage, plus the loss of a bumper night's takings due to a robbery. Scunthorpe suffered from break-ins, theft & damage a couple of years ago, & came very close to closing through it, but I don't recall anyone thinking it was remotely funny at the time.

More recently, Edinburgh have had the same problem, but again nobody thought it was a big joke, & will you all be laughing in three years time when Coventry gets demolished?

Call my over sensitive & lacking a sense of humour by all means, but all I ever read on this forum are negative, repetitive, snidey comments about Leicester & the Leicester promotion. no, we don't have a perfect racetrack by any means, but the club doesn't deserve the constant barrage of bad publicity it receives in here. It would, in my opinion, be a sad loss to speedway if it was forced to close through no fault of the club's.

I guess my lack of humour is my own fault, I should know better than to even look at the forum, even rarely, these days. Lt.

• Like 3