British Speedway Forum
boz

Redcar Bears V Somerset Rebels - 1/5 - Pl

Anyone got the scorers? Just looked updates site and nothing there

sorry just seen they are there

Edited by fred

Poor Olly had a shocker last night at Rye, too. Sounds like he's going through some mechanical gremlins at the moment.

hope he gets over it quickly or he may have to go,I still say he can be a double points man from home and away meetings

Despite the close score not really a very good meeting with decent races few and far between. Track seemed tricky to ride after the rains of last night and today and most of the passing came from riders making mistakes on turn 4.

Bears apart from Lawson were too inconsistent although Aaron looked a different rider after swapping bikes half way through the meeting. Probably the last we have seen of Rafal - would like to see him ride for Redcar again at some point.

Rebels deserved a point and I'm sure they will feel they should have won if Morris had ridden. Looked a solid team and will be up near the top of the table I'm sure.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

Swindon v Birmingham is rained off so Morris could ride if needed

From what I can gather Nick attempted to get back into this meeting, but his request was rejected (by Brian HavelockI believe). Pretty poor whatever reason is given.
  • Like 1

Despite the close score not really a very good meeting with decent races few and far between. Track seemed tricky to ride after the rains of last night and today and most of the passing came from riders making mistakes on turn 4.

Bears apart from Lawson were too inconsistent although Aaron looked a different rider after swapping bikes half way through the meeting. Probably the last we have seen of Rafal - would like to see him ride for Redcar again at some point.

Rebels deserved a point and I'm sure they will feel they should have won if Morris had ridden. Looked a solid team and will be up near the top of the table I'm sure.

I'd be quite happy to keep Rafal, he's only going to get better, the signs are there.

• Like 3

Just out of interest what is the rule regarding double up riders when their first choice meeting is rained off? If there time can they re route to another meeting?

Just out of interest what is the rule regarding double up riders when their first choice meeting is rained off? If there time can they re route to another meeting?

Apparently not once the team has been declared, it seems. That was the reason given tonight.

• Like 1

I'd be quite happy to keep Rafal, he's only going to get better, the signs are there.

I think you will find that if Konopka just knocks in the scores he is doing at the moment, he won't be going anywhere else. :wink:

• Like 3

Poor Olly had a shocker last night at Rye, too. Sounds like he's going through some mechanical gremlins at the moment.

Nothing to do with mechanicals. More to do with mistakes.

Lots of speculation about Redcar keeping Konopka tonight in place of Hall. Anyone know if or how that's possible? If he was a permanent signing then obviously there's no problem but the general consensus on the Bears forum is that he was only signed as a temporary replacement. If that is the case can Redcar now switch Konopka for Hall given the team is over the points limit and Konopka has a higher average than Hall? Or does the fact that Konopka was replacing Hall mean that a permanent switch can now be made regardless of theirs or the teams average? Or was he permanent all along? Anyone know for sure? Thanks

So good I posted it twice apparently! ;)

Seems like Olly is on borrowed time. Hope he redeems himself at home to Ipo and then at Workington otherwise there could be a 'Rider Change' coming! Speedway rules suck when the so called elite league gets priority over your No.1 and then he can't come in when the elite meeting is cancelled.

I would have thought that if Somerset had decided to use R/R for Morris(not blaming them for having a guest)then Morris would have been able to ride once Swindon was off.

• Like 1

i for one would like to see more pl teams with their OWN riders in .ie ASSETS

• Like 1