British Speedway Forum
P T Preece

Poole Vs Brummies 30/4

Never did I ever think I would hear "home track advantage" described as we know where the holes in our track are and you don't . No wonder the sport is on its knees !

Weymouth in the early eighties had a massive 'home track advantage' for the same reason......The home riders knew where the holes were......Not much has changed for track preparation in this country in the last thirty odd years has it!!!!

He really is a strange one. The post he is referring to of mine, was nothing to do with Poole, just a reference to the multi-alias one!

Very strange. That`s why i keep him on ignore. Have seen no evidence that its manners have got any better or the personal attacks are a thing of the past.

Good luck with trying to make any sense with its replies. :t:

Vaclav is a little star with huge potential. Fast, still learning the quickest way around Poole and doing a decent enough job away from home. Needs to learn English though!

Exactly my point............

RP

What is going on with this thread, getting like Jeremy Kyle and Gavan isn't even involved! My opinion of him might have gone up a tiny bit.

Why can't people like Stevebrum just congratulate Birmingham on getting a point instead of implying Birmingham are rubbish and Poole are rubbish cos we don't thrash them. Would really annoy me if I was a Birmingham fan. Give credit where it's due!

I know people hate comparisons to football but I'm gonna do one anyway. Southampton won at Liverpool earlier in the season and Sunderland beat Chelsea, doesn't make Liverpool and Chelsea rubbish teams though cos they didn't beat them the opposition just played better on the day. You always get the odd unexpected result otherwise sport would be very boring.

Anyway well done Birmingham, always prefer a close even meeting (no tacticals need to be used) than a 60-30 meeting (unless it's against Eastbourne or Coventry) :)

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 5

Brum celebrated like they had won the league but it was an achievement coming to Poole and taking a point off the Champs so well done to them.

Not sure if you are referring to the riders or the handful of tortured souls who travelled? I was one of the known of 7 who made the trip - and we certainly didn't 'outwardly celebrate' nor did I notice any 'joyous' team celebrations, but we made a pretty swift exit amid the "ref must be from Birmingham" comments!

• Like 1

Why can't people like Stevebrum just congratulate Birmingham on getting a point instead of implying Birmingham are rubbish and Poole are rubbish cos we don't thrash them.

Oh here comes the new stalker.

Again.

Oh here comes the new stalker.

Again.

Ha! Like I have time! Only come on here a couple times a day at the most.

Ha! Like I have time! Only come on here a couple times a day at the most.

And quoted me about 4 times in the past 48 hrs, just saying.

And quoted me about 4 times in the past 48 hrs, just saying.

Well at 2 times a day that does keep the average up, mate. ;)

Well at 2 times a day that does keep the average up, mate. ;)

It most certainly proves my point - quoting my posts everytime she logs in. :t: