British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Lakeside V Coventry 3rd May

Nothing wrong with voicing an opinion as long as there is some rationale behind it and not twisting facts or exaggerating..

I never said it was a brilliant meeting, those are your words. I said everyone who saw it said it was decent racing so why do you feel the need to misquote me ? This is your problem all the time , almost all your posts are in exaggerations. Post in more measured terms and people will take more notice.

I am not saying the track is exactly comparable to somewhere like Torun but there are plenty of independent posters on here (Halifax Tiger for example) who get round a lot of tracks and say its OK . Most Elite League tracks favour riders who can gate because that's what modern speedway is about. My point is that good meetings are more about good riders than good tracks (as long as the track prep is to a reasonably decent standard of course) . You don't see Craig Cook do much passing anywhere at all in the EL except maybe Belle Vue if he doesn't make the gate, but put Darcy Ward in the same meeting and the gate is almost irrelevant. Good riders can ride them all.

In my original posting I wasn't running any track down, Firstly, pointing out, the three tracks running on Saturday, were tight tracks where gating was more of a priority.

Secondly, I was defending Bomber because of the stick he was getting from a number of posters, believing that Lakeside is not his sort of track. and thirdly, giving Bomber time and he'll score more points when on tracks that suit him.

That post was not vindictive in any way. I wasn't criticising any body or anything. To that, you reply, saying I talking rubbish about Bomber and making out the Lakeside track was the best thing since sliced bread. Now you come back and saying I'm not ' rationale and twisting facts and exaggerating.'.

Well I think that could apply to both of us .

As for your last comment of your post, it is wrong to quote Darcy Ward in any rationale consideration, because he is an exception rather than the rule and has few equals.

I too am not a Craig Cook lover. (in My opinion only) If he was of any other nationality he wouldn't get much notice. it is only because we have little in the way of talented riders that he is adjudged with the best and rides in the national team. Here's hoping, this new FTR scheme brings in more riders in the future than we've had in the past.

In my original posting I wasn't running any track down, Firstly, pointing out, the three tracks running on Saturday, were tight tracks where gating was more of a priority.

Secondly, I was defending Bomber because of the stick he was getting from a number of posters, believing that Lakeside is not his sort of track. and thirdly, giving Bomber time and he'll score more points when on tracks that suit him.

That post was not vindictive in any way. I wasn't criticising any body or anything. To that, you reply, saying I talking rubbish about Bomber and making out the Lakeside track was the best thing since sliced bread. Now you come back and saying I'm not ' rationale and twisting facts and exaggerating.'.

You are doing it again ! I didn't say Lakeside was the greatest thing since sliced bread and I didn't say you were talking rubbish about Bomber. ,Read the post again. I said a lot of independent posters on here say the racing is OK and that in heat three Bomber had his nose in front going into turn one in heat 3, also that at Lakeside he tend to ride the inside line.

One thing have learned in a lifetime of watching speedway is that a lot of it is what track you get used to and its very much in the eye of the beholder and whether ones own team is winning. That's why I never come on here comparing one track with another. If a track is pulling in a reasonable crowd that is really all that matters in this day and age

I find it quiet ironic, that all the matches played last night were on the best tracks for FTG racing. Leicester, Lakeside and Eastbourne are all renowned as gaters tracks and all the moaning about Bomber Harris , won't alter the fact, when it comes to gating he's not the best.. Any decent rider who can get out, stay on line will always score more points at these tracks, than someone trying to come from the back.

Bomber has always provided plenty of thrills with his round the board style of riding, but his gating has always been his nemesis. He may let you down on these tight venues, but when he gets the chance on proper size tracks, he'll be there or thereabouts.

You get what you expect from Bomber.......

Not sure why Bomber needs a proper size track ...I think one of best is Wolves .if a myth that he is a big track rider . I would say Lakeside it terms of passing is about average in speedway terms I would not say it's renowned gaters track .

You are doing it again ! I didn't say Lakeside was the greatest thing since sliced bread and I didn't say you were talking rubbish about Bomber. ,Read the post again. I said a lot of independent posters on here say the racing is OK and that in heat three Bomber had his nose in front going into turn one in heat 3, also that at Lakeside he tend to ride the inside line.

One thing have learned in a lifetime of watching speedway is that a lot of it is what track you get used to and its very much in the eye of the beholder and whether ones own team is winning. That's why I never come on here comparing one track with another. If a track is pulling in a reasonable crowd that is really all that matters in this day and age

I read what you wrote, and although you never said as per wording, it's your insinuations and examples of what you say. The meanings are all the same.

All this crap, just because I tried to put some equality into the damning rationalisation of Bomber Harris. Next time I wont bother..... :oops: ..

Lakeside is a wonderful track, and Harris is a waste of space........ Is that better..... :t:

so as it was stox cars on saturday i assume the home team are aware of this and to expect a slick track?