British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Leicester V Belle Vue 3/5/14

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,could you please send me a private message.

Thanks

Congratulations to the Lions on taking all the points against the Aces, thanks to an inept performance by Zagar, and the Aces reserves. :wink:

Well done the Lions and young Max Clegg has finally made the way to the hunt great to see him score at last. Good win for us.

The draft is a disgrace, how can it be fair that Leicester have such good draft riders compared to ours? We would have easily won had it not been for the draft. We could have had Gormolski and Szespaniak at reserve and easily won this meeting.

Time for a rethink of the whole draft and especially how Leicester managed to secure such a massive advantage in this meeting.

Burp!

Tongue in cheek post, got to be....

Edited by Shale Searcher

Good result for Leicester as Belle Vue are a pretty strong team, and a special well done to Max Clegg who is now showing a lot of improvement which is what the whole draft idea is all about. Shame Poole didn't give Lee Smart a bit more time before ditching him. :neutral:

• Like 1

Another meeting decided by the draft riders.

Thats not the whole picture, ok, we 5-1'd in both reserve races, but they had a 7-2 tactical ride success, and were let down by Zagar, and Cook ran a last place as well...... Can't shovel all the blame on them, all the time.....

Tongue in cheek post, got to be....

There's no fooling you :wink:

Another meeting decided by the draft riders.

We had a few complaints a week or so ago that teams were winning because of the strength of their heat leaders. No doubt someone will refer to second strings next.

Matches have in the past often been won and loss by reserves, this season is no different.

Good to see Max Clegg get a few points :approve:

I am sure that we all aware that one of the prime (if not the prime) motivations for the draft was to cut the wage bill but I am starting to appreciate it. I have seen Stef beat several top 5 riders and last night at Eastbourne Lewis Blackbird got heat 13 in with Pedersen,Skornicki & Woffinden. He came last but he certainly wasn't disgraced.

• Like 1

There's always someone who will moan about something. The heat leaders are too strong, The FTR are at fault, The team manager should have changed a rider, Confucius Sez there's always an excuse when you go looking for one..

I say to Leicester, Well done, Good win........... Belle Vue are no pushovers and to take all the points was a big surprise...... :t:

• Like 1

When I said to the guy on the pit gate that Lions reserves would have a good meeting he looked confused by my statement. (He later acknowledged that I was spot on) The cheers for Max Clegg and the support from the rest of the Lions team was joy to see and hear and was the talk of the meeting.It was suggested that the draft system and the race format would mean more meetings would be decided by the reserves performance but how many times the Lions had been beatten at home by strong reserves in the last three seasons. I have to disagree with Craig Cook's comments about the guests being the difference as I believe our regular team would have scored more (maybe being 'roughed up' by Ben Barker impaired his judgement).

Excellent meeting and well done the Lions

When I said to the guy on the pit gate that Lions reserves would have a good meeting he looked confused by my statement. (He later acknowledged that I was spot on) The cheers for Max Clegg and the support from the rest of the Lions team was joy to see and hear and was the talk of the meeting.It was suggested that the draft system and the race format would mean more meetings would be decided by the reserves performance but how many times the Lions had been beatten at home by strong reserves in the last three seasons. I have to disagree with Craig Cook's comments about the guests being the difference as I believe our regular team would have scored more (maybe being 'roughed up' by Ben Barker impaired his judgement).

Excellent meeting and well done the Lions

Couldn't go last night but I would have loved to have been there just hear Cooke and his excuses. I'm not sure about Masters and Baby but Pateick would have certainly scored more than Barker. Good to see the reserves grasping the nettle.....

Belle Vue in football terms didnt turn up, the Lions wanted it more, were the better team and deserved to win, there can be no excuses only we were second best. You can only say well done to leicester.

• Like 6