British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Somerset Vs Ipswich Lc 2nd May

I thought we were bad there last week, but this takes bad to a whole new level!!

Reports say the attendance was well down on last year. I noticed far less than normal last week, but put it down to the poor forecast. Have the Somerset public lost interest in speedway?

Edited by Shadders

the public lost interest cos the sport is on its knees.. yes, you can all slag me off for saying it, but its an absolute joke that teams just never get the 7 riders together.

I agree with Naj, Heeps at least had a really good go in his final two rides and had 'heeps' of speed. It was clear though that he started to slow as the race went on most likely that damned wrist. But what happened to both Ritchies? Worrall was poor and let himself down falling while being shown the perimeter in 13 to claim Nick's exclusion but the ref saw through that one. Hawkins has well and truely forgotten his days at Somerset.

All the Rebels deserve praise and their big pay packets but full respect to Paul Starke though who put his well deserved paid max on the line to ride in 15. This boy is going to be good. I'm much liking Pontus myself as he is a typical professional Swede, dare I say in the mould of Emil.

Much sterner tests to come before getting too excited but the signs are promising.

witches cant/wont win anything again, they are nowhere near capable of lifting the league title, stevie wonder could tell you that!!

I thought we were bad there last week, but this takes bad to a whole new level!!

Reports say the attendance was well down on last year. I noticed far less than normal last week, but put it down to the poor forecast. Have the Somerset public lost interest in speedway?

Hardly a bumper crowd but the car park was full, so I've seen a lot less.

In answer to your question, we always prosper over the summer months crowd-wise so I can't see why this year would be any different to our previous 12 years in the Premier League.

• Like 1

witches cant/wont win anything again, they are nowhere near capable of lifting the league title, stevie wonder could tell you that!!

Very few if any of the Witches fans on here were claiming this sude woukd be a title winning side befire a wheel was turned.

Most were hoping for a play off spot (5-6) and on results so far I would say thats still about where

we are.

The most worrying thing for me is that we didnt seem capable of making the changes whether that be set up or approach to make the slightest difference to be more competitive let alone affect the score in any significant way.

One very small positive in the comments from Rebels fans was they picked out Cam as one that did get into the mix a bit at the end. Perhaps having his Dad around will help him get his head right and get back to his true capabilities.

• Like 1

If you're that desperate to win the title you'll have to support more than one team. Despite the best efforts of several teams each season, only one wins.

Why are you dragging poor old Stevie Wonder into this ... is it because he is a black man?

She supports Workington, not Ipswich, so maybe her house is in reasonable order

I stand corrected Baldyman, I suppose the Worky logo should have been a give away doh.I shall read the posts and who sent them a little more carefully in future.

Very entertaining meeting despite the score line.

Ipswich were awful.............but don't take any credit away from Somerset, they were pretty much flawless.

Best performance I have ever seen from Starke, and very impressed with young Kurtz as well.

Big thanks to Pirate Nick :approve:

• Like 1

Wasn't overly impressed with the crowd, looked down on my visits in recent years.

Brady was as good as i expected him to be. Pulled of some brilliant moves that demonstrated that he was really thinking about when and where to pass.

Paul Starke's performance was superb, he's progressed so much since i last saw him.

Both Brady & Paul's performances ensured that it was an entertaining meeting despite the scoreline.

If everybody fires Somerset have a strong team.