British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Somerset Vs Ipswich Lc 2nd May

It may only be the second meeting, but it's clear that certain riders are seriously out of form and others are not living up to expectations.

Ipswich Witches and Somerset Rebels are both out of the league cup, questions will have to be answered.

No questions need asking at the OTA mate ,we just needed to get our top two firing. They certainly fired tonight.

Rubbish.....need a No.1 and build from there!

I take it you are standing up otherwise you wouldnt be able to make such a comment.

We have a perfectly good No1. A bad night tonight but that was the same all round.

I'm sure Taylorj, or whatever she's called, will be cheering on the Rebels tonight ;)

I'm not that desperate :P !!!!

Phew Olly Allen good job you were in the points tonight , your head was for the chop next with your lot on here after last night :rolleyes:

The most worrying aspect is that the Witches were so poorly prepared, and had absolutely no response.

We need a few racers in our team,some struggle to pass water, and must be on the wrong part of the track to be passed that often.

Well that's a pretty poor result, not even one race winner. If Chris was disappointed after good Friday and called three of the riders in for training after this he should call all of them in for training. Totally unacceptable. :oops:

• Like 1

Taken from www.lovespeedway24.co.uk

Ipswich Witches League Cup hopes were well and truly extinguished after a hapless performance at Somerset on Friday night.

It was one of the heaviest defeats the Witches have suffered since dropping into the Premier League and to add to the embarrassment, they didn’t even register one heat winner!

It left Witches promoter Chris Louis fuming.

“That was one of the worst Ipswich performances I have ever seen,” he said.

“I could make all the excuses under the sun, but there are simply none to make.

“We lacked everything, absolutely everything.

“We were outgated and when we were in the race we never rode the right lines, out in the dirt. Basically we lacked bottle when we were out there.

“I didn’t think when I put this team together in January it was that bad.”

Asked whether he was concerned with the team, Louis added: “ On the back of this performance, yes I’m concerned.”

We need a few racers in our team,some struggle to pass water, and must be on the wrong part of the track to be passed that often.

The only rider who got in the thick of it in his final two rides was Heeps but as wide as he went, the Rebels just went that little bit wider!

The score line doesn't reflect what a fantastic meeting this was, some of the races had to be seen to be believed quite frankly.

However poor the Witches were, the Rebels were good, very very good in fact from 1-7. Nick Morris in a league of his own, Brady and Olly unbeaten also, as would Todd have been had Olly not fenced him sadly. Charles after needing a change of underpants when racing against Schramm, was again sublime and seems to have taken to the no.2 role like a duck to water. A special mention for Paul Starke who sadly missed out on his maximum, but was stunning and his pass on Heeps in heat 12 was out of the top drawer.

Let's hope we go on and tonk Workington next weekend too!

• Like 2

Well there you go. Surely our riders know they have to be out in the dirt. We never do very well at tracks where you need to be in the dirt. We will get more stuffings at Sheffield and Berwick too

I'm not that desperate :P !!!!

Phew Olly Allen good job you were in the points tonight , your head was for the chop next with your lot on here after last night :rolleyes:

Oh dear still trying to run Somerset somehow, how bad were your lot if Olly who has been struggling badly bangs in a paid max. Get your own house in order, win something worth winning (in the Prem) and then maybe you can have something to say worth listening to.........you got done by 40 tonight and didn`t win one race.

Olly Allen will be given time to get his act together as was Shane Parker a couple of years back, if he does not he will be replaced, he is our skipper, we are the champions, he has to at least achieve his average.This is the way the club is run, we are not afraid to make changes when the need arises.It has been proved to be a successful ploy over the years.

Oh dear still trying to run Somerset somehow, how bad were your lot if Olly who has been struggling badly bangs in a paid max. Get your own house in order, win something worth winning (in the Prem) and then maybe you can have something to say worth listening to.........you got done by 40 tonight and didn`t win one race.

Olly Allen will be given time to get his act together as was Shane Parker a couple of years back, if he does not he will be replaced, he is our skipper, we are the champions, he has to at least achieve his average.This is the way the club is run, we are not afraid to make changes when the need arises.It has been proved to be a successful ploy over the years.

:) Edited by Arson fire