British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Lakeside 5th May

Weather at the moment is looking good for this.

Coventry have a full team. The only replacement for Lakeside is Liam Carr at reserve in place of Ben.

Hope the track is prepared well enough for racing as well as gating.

Think this meeting could be close between the 2 sides

Edited by mdmc82

Forecast says rain from 8pm

Hopefully it will hold out until later

From 9pm guys according to the BBC Forecast........but who knows these days. Despite technology and the thousands of satellites in the sky, you'd probably still get a more accurate forecast from a farmer.

Not sure how Liam Carr is going to fare at this level if I'm honest, and with Adam Ellis still carrying a shoulder injury we could potentially have a weak rear end - not good when you are potentially in the sh*t! ;)

Richard Lawson scored a max at Glasgow tonight, and Lewis seems to have more confidence. Mikkel Bech should like the Brandon circuit - so they are some potentially interesting races.

Looking forward to seeing Jason race though. Could be the key man in restricting meaningful points from our reserve berths. Ryan Fisher is always VFM. And I can't see Bomber having two mares in one weekend.

Got to be honest, if we can nick a point I think most of us would be happy.

And if I'm back in my local by 10pm having seen all 15 heats of Speedway, I'll be even happier!

• Like 2

Not sure how Liam Carr is going to fare at this level if I'm honest, and with Adam Ellis still carrying a shoulder injury we could potentially have a weak rear end - not good when you are potentially in the sh*t! ;)

Hans allegedly had a weak rear end last night and he got 17!

Lewis has rarely done much at Brandon, despite his half a season as a Bee but he's a second string now I believe so should do ok while Bech will be a heat leader on his first visit as an EL rider so points need to be take off him. I've seen Watt score nothing and maximums at Brandon while PK has always done, as PK does, plodded nice and score consistently well.

I'll go with 49-41

I'd be really happy if we can take a point tomorrow and I think it is achievable but I think this meeting will be difficult to predict.

Lewis was riding with more determination than I've seen all season on Friday so with him dropping down to a 2nd string position as well hopefully he'll have a good meeting.

I think Bech should like the Brandon track so it'll be interesting to see how he scores in his first meeting as a heat leader.

I think we might be a bit weaker at reserve without Ben but I'll see how Liam Carr scores before making any assumptions! Certainly not the easiest opposition for him to come up against in his EL debut though.

• Like 1

Just seen on the website that there's a collection for Ryan Fisher; to pay for his air tickets to reunite him with his family for a short while.

Suffice to say, if anyone can point me in the right direction of who's organising the collection, I'll willingly donate some dosh tonight to get the ball rolling.

The situation his family are in is nothing short of a farce.

• Like 6

Just seen on the website that there's a collection for Ryan Fisher; to pay for his air tickets to reunite him with his family for a short while.

Suffice to say, if anyone can point me in the right direction of who's organising the collection, I'll willingly donate some dosh tonight to get the ball rolling.

It's an absolute joke, best not vote UKIP cos the situation will never be resolved

It's an absolute joke, best not vote UKIP cos the situation will never be resolved

Shirl - I wouldn't vote UKIP even if I had a gun at my head love! ;)

• Like 2

Bees to win by 10 and Bomber to score 8+ (hopefully).

• Like 1

Shirl - I wouldn't vote UKIP even if I had a gun at my head love! ;)

That's two of us then !!

Awful situation for him to be in and I sympathise with him.

As for the collection I'm sure quite a few riders would put in some of their hard-earned if it meant Fisher was missing from UK tracks for a while!! :wink::D (Its a joke - maybe in poor taste - but a joke nonetheless!!)

I'll be donating tonight and I hope most of whoever attends will also. This situation is mortifying and heartbreaking and I feel for Ryan, but we are all behind you buddy 100%.

• Like 2

Looking forward to tonight. Hoping for a bees win and a safe meeting for both teams

Think collection is a good idea and glad we can help Fisher. He has been brilliant, giving 100% for the bees when he has been going through such a horrible time emotionally.

• Like 5