British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Lakeside 5th May

Haven't seen anything yet about the total money raised for Ryan and his family yet. Either at Coventry or Peterborough or both. I would have thought only fair to those who contributed to the collection to be told how it went. I know Ryan received £250 from the proceeds of the Brandon 50/50.

What's the rush? I'm sure it will be announced on Friday what the final total is from Coventry but at the moment it is £720 plus collected and £250 from the 50/50 so probably going to be around £1,000 which is a great total.

Peterborough haven't held their collection yet because the meeting on Tuesday was called off.

Announcement with regards to Fisher's collection is due to made on Friday at next meeting.

I enjoyed Fridays meeting. Weather can't be helped in this country but thought there were alot of good races with passing as well as gating.

With how Wide Mikkel was having to go in heat 15 there is no saying he wouldn't have fallen anyway. Look forward to watching him again on Lakesides next visit.

Looking forward to Fridays meeting against Swindon.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with 'Blockbuster' but I have to agree that the presentation is either,

(a) an extraordinarily well performed piece of period acting in 'the style of 1973' for the amusement of some (well, me);

(B) not acting and therefore setting the wrong tone entirely for a professional sport in 2014

surely someone outside the knowledgeable commentators in this forum has some inkling about marketing?

..it really isn't just Coventry. All tracks I have visited recently have a similar type of atmosphere. Markedly different to even just a couple of years ago.

Even the sunny packed Ben Fund Bonanza at Leicester had a muted, contemplative, reserved crowd.

In support of Peter York he does know a bit about speedway. A damn sight more than the guy on British Eurosport commentating on the Best Pairs and Swedish league with Sam Ermolenko...now who is he????

and last night there didn't seem to be a great deal of atmosphere in Sweden either....

Nothing wrong with 'Blockbuster' but I have to agree that the presentation is either,

(a) an extraordinarily well performed piece of period acting in 'the style of 1973' for the amusement of some (well, me);

(B) not acting and therefore setting the wrong tone entirely for a professional sport in 2014

surely someone outside the knowledgeable commentators in this forum has some inkling about marketing?

..it really isn't just Coventry. All tracks I have visited recently have a similar type of atmosphere. Markedly different to even just a couple of years ago.

Even the sunny packed Ben Fund Bonanza at Leicester had a muted, contemplative, reserved crowd.

In support of Peter York he does know a bit about speedway. A damn sight more than the guy on British Eurosport commentating on the Best Pairs and Swedish league with Sam Ermolenko...now who is he????

and last night there didn't seem to be a great deal of atmosphere in Sweden either....

How do you get to watch the Swedish speedway please?

How do you get to watch the Swedish speedway please?

On Eurosport most tuesdays CR

How have I missed that, what a wally:-)

You missed a treat last night CR and it wasn't the racing :D

• Like 1

....... and last night there didn't seem to be a great deal of atmosphere in Sweden either....

I'm not surprised. I'd be miserable sitting there too covered in plastic sheeting and an umbrella freezing to death. :lol:

• Like 3

Repeated tomorrow at 8.30am and 3.30pm on Eurosport2.

I missed it due to a prior commitment so will be watching tomorrow.

Haven't seen anything yet about the total money raised for Ryan and his family yet. Either at Coventry or Peterborough or both. I would have thought only fair to those who contributed to the collection to be told how it went. I know Ryan received £250 from the proceeds of the Brandon 50/50.

Totally agree with the other comments about the presentation and also bemused at the need for an interval when rain was imminent. As a speedway fan first and Coventry fan second I felt cheated of a decent heat 15 because of the rain. This could have been avoided with a bit of common sense.

there will be another collection next week to help the young Aussie lads fly there families over ;)

What about the soldiers fighting for our country away from there families for months.

Edited by robert72

To be completely honest, after our Easter experience. I'm sorry to say we won't be in a rush to come up again anytime soon :(

It's getting that way fast with me and I'm only 15 minutes away... Fingers crossed they sort the track for some better racing on Friday. After watching gripping meetings from Poole, Wolves and Peterborough on Sky, those tracks are clearly in a different league to Brandon right now.

there will be another collection next week to help the young Aussie lads fly there families over ;)

What about the soldiers fighting for our country away from there families for months.

You're quite welcome to organise a collection for them if you want and give generously yourself.

• Like 2

And they weren't aware of that fact when they signed up?

As Gemini advises, start a collection if you feel that strongly about it.

• Like 1

Totally agree with the other comments about the presentation and also bemused at the need for an interval when rain was imminent. As a speedway fan first and Coventry fan second I felt cheated of a decent heat 15 because of the rain. This could have been avoided with a bit of common sense.

After the meeting on Monday the buckets were taken to Mick. Alan offered to take the money and bank it to where ever Mick wanted it to go.

At this point Mick asked Alan if he would bank it and raise a cheque to Ryan and present it at the meeting on Friday.

That was very nice of him to offer that. I wont be there but Alan will be on hand to pass the money over. Which is very very fitting as he has supported the Fish for many many years!!!

And as posted previous on this thread - Its approximately £720 but this was a quick count on the terraces so apologies if we missed a pound or two.

I'm sure if a young Aussie had spent £1,000's on visa applications that got refused and flights tickets that didn't actually get them into the country - without any hope of refund, then I'm sure the same type of collection could go ahead.

And remember its one thing holding a bucket up for people to support. Its another thing to see if they support. Every individual that put into the bucket on friday made their own choice. And I am so pleased they chose Ryan and his family.

Thank you all again x

• Like 2