British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Lakeside 5th May

I'll go with 49-41

If only my prediction with the bookies were so good tonight!

Lakeside wont win anything this season with PK and Watt leading the side. Over the hill and far away....

Lakeside wont win anything this season with PK and Watt leading the side. Over the hill and far away....

I have to say that I think you are right.I have been saying for a while that it is great having experience in the team,but riders that are so long in the tooth ride within themselves( cannot blame them at this stage of their career ) but you do not win things.

Nice to see Bomber pull it back after a poor result in his first ride. Its a good result for us, I can see Lakeside making the play offs the way they are going at the moment.

• Like 1

Great meeting despite the slick track. A very good night. Never knew which team were going to win.

Mikkel Bech was absolutely brilliant what a rider. Hammers have got such a magic rider there, no idea how they've pulled it off.

For the Bees:

Andersen was a bit below par tonight but rode well in the races he scored in. Heat 13 with Bech was great.

Howarth plodded along nicely for his routine 8 points

Fisher I though would struggle at 3, but rode very well indeed

Hansen was poor. Very poor in fact, not like him

Harris was alright. Good few rides but was nowhere in his first race. Great ride in Heat 15 to block Bech's run.

Garrity was again proving why he's one of the best reserves

Sarjeant read above.

The Hammers were led very much by Bech who was invincible until he over cooked heat 15. Lawson was also very good value.

3 points will do nicely for the Bees. 1 more than most thought we would get anyway so job well done!

• Like 2

Good result for Bees. Such a shame the track didn't provide an outside line or more proper racing. Let's hope they get it sorted for Friday so we can be entertained.

• Like 1

Not sure why they took a 10 minute interval when the rain had just started?!

Better performance from Harris and used his head to cut back twice when he was last out of the gate!

Did well to come away with all the points

• Like 2

As a Liverpool fan, its a night of mixed emotion tonight.

On a speedway front though was over the moon with Harris & Andersen's heat 15 to secure all 3points.

Loving our reserve pairing, who ride great together

Was a little surprised Hansen wasn't replaced in heat 14 as had a poor night but luckily it didnt matter in the end.

Was wondering how Davey got injured as from the stands it just looked like he didnt gate & then cos far behind pulled over, didnt realise he was injured until announced.

Mikkel Bech was amazing, has no fear and one of the best I have seen ride our track (fastest time of the season)

If you had been watching it as a speedway fan who didnt support either team then it would have made excellent viewing as lead kept changing and unpredictable

Shame we couldn't quite grab a point tonight. Another good night for Lawson and Bech's brilliant season continues though! A better performance from Bridger down at #4 too.

Solid effort all round by the Bees - well done for keeping all 3 points.

• Like 1

Not sure why they took a 10 minute interval when the rain had just started?!

Better performance from Harris and used his head to cut back twice when he was last out of the gate!

Did well to come away with all the points

Pperhaps the track had been prepared slick because of the rain threat?

Just saying............

Good result for Bees. Such a shame the track didn't provide an outside line or more proper racing. Let's hope they get it sorted for Friday so we can be entertained.

Mikkel Bech had no problem with finding the outside line. Very stylish and quick.

As discussed after, probably the best Brandon debut since Conny Samuelsson.

Hansen was poor tonight, only seems to have 1 line out by the fence.

Thought Garrity would have been used in heat 14

Bech was very good, fastest rider by a mile tonight

Pperhaps the track had been prepared slick because of the rain threat?

Just saying............

Never said it was slick, there seemed more dirt on than normal

Should have started on time and not had an interval if they wanted to avoid the rain!

You are such a lovely chap.. :o

I am and would happily put £20 in for a badly injured rider but I find it insulting to ask speedway fans to dig deep to pay for a riders family to fly to Poland.

Are some speedway fans that gullible