British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Wolverhampton 7th May

I wish people would get off the back of riders strugglin, DK and BB have spent a lots of money on equipment over the winter and they have all been strugggling with set ups, everything is different to last year,and it will take time.

It will come for BB same as Danny last night, just got to be patient

I wish people would get off the back of riders strugglin, DK and BB have spent a lots of money on equipment over the winter and they have all been strugggling with set ups, everything is different to last year,and it will take time. It will come for BB same as Danny last night, just got to be patient

So do you expect people to pay up and accept mediocrity? How long is the patience expected to last?
  • Like 1

Oh yes there we go again, you were happy when he rode last year with a broken back for you giving 110 % all the time, but some of you have short memories.

Do you think it was because he was on his old bike? Neither he nor Ben have beed hitting the scores since they went with Team Revolution.

Possibly, but if a certain type of equipment is solely responsible for such a disparity in performancei. I'd suggest they have a serious problem with it, certainly if reverting to 2013 equipment made the difference for DK, I'd suggest filing the 2014 bits in the nearest skip.

Oh yes there we go again, you were happy when he rode last year with a broken back for you giving 110 % all the time, but some of you have short memories.

To be blunt, speedway is a results business, people won't turn up to see garbage and without people the bills are not paid, how long can loyalty be given while the clubs losing fans and money ?.

The poster who has criticised Danny King for "leaving" Nico Covatti when they were on a 5-1 in heat 8 obviously isn't aware that Nico lost his steel shoe after only two laps and had to slow down, so Danny really had no option but to get clear rather than risk having Ricky Wells get past both of them.

Mention of Wells obliges me to say that this was the best I have seen him ride at Perry Barr and having also seen most of the Wolves home matches, I would suggest that his is a candidate for being the most improved rider of the season. I always saw him as a bit of a "plodder" in the past, but I think he deserves my apology for that!

The poster!!!!!..... Blimey Brian I though you would have guessed who I am. ;) Any road up.... GA pointed out the prob in an earlier post, suitably chastened I rescind the bum kicking for DK and reserve it for Nico for being unprofessional in his equipment preparation, this is not the first time it has happened.

Do you think it was because he was on his old bike? Neither he nor Ben have beed hitting the scores since they went with Team Revolution.

Not stopped BB scoring in the Prem? I find it hard to believe DK was supposedly using a 2013 engine last night, riding better in a 2014 meeting than he did with the same engine in 2013. How come he can bang in a big score at Sheffield and a couple of days later at Poole score 3, More to this than meets the eye IMO.

"You meet the nicest people at Birmingham Speedway"

"Come and join the Birmingham Speedway family"

suitably chastened I rescind the bum kicking for DK and reserve it for Nico for being unprofessional in his equipment preparation, this is not the first time it has happened.

Couldn't have put it better myself Nigel!

Don't be beastly to Nico Nigel! Our shoelaces do break without warning sometimes!!!

Speaking to Nico before the meeting I learned that he is still waiting for all his own equipment to arrive in the country and was grateful to Danny King for the loan of a bike for the night. Plus the fact that he hasn't ridden in a meeting or had a practice run for over a month.

Don't be beastly to Nico Nigel! Our shoelaces do break without warning sometimes!!!

Speaking to Nico before the meeting I learned that he is still waiting for all his own equipment to arrive in the country and was grateful to Danny King for the loan of a bike for the night. Plus the fact that he hasn't ridden in a meeting or had a practice run for over a month.

Actually I am an unashamed Covatti fan......... I hadn't given any though to what he was riding or the fact he hadn't ridden for a month...... makes his performance even more impressive....ahem................. ;)

Actually I am an unashamed Covatti fan......... I hadn't given any though to what he was riding or the fact he hadn't ridden for a month...... makes his performance even more impressive....ahem................. ;)

You obviously didn't read your programme then Nigel - it said he was on DK machinery - doesn't excuse the steel shoe not being worn properly though! :D

You obviously didn't read your programme then Nigel - it said he was on DK machinery - doesn't excuse the steel shoe not being worn properly though! :D

Most of the time i print my own score sheet..................so didnt read the prog

I see DK has joined Newcastle now his average is low enough.....................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? and then bangs in a 15pt max ???

• Like 1