British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry V Swindon 9th May

I agree. We have the best away record in the league, one of the best reserve pairings and sti only 1point off top 4 spot.

Speedway is a funny thing, for example the only team to take points at Poole so far are Birmingham but cant against easier teams.

Get the track sorted where there is dirt on it and we will be banging in the points. Still never lost by more than 8 anywhere.

Another negative is amount of meetings with several riders missing esp when no facility will be granted for Hans at Eastbourne.

dont agree there was dirt there last night it had to dry out from Thursdays deluge then if he watered and it rained it would have been of but he didn't and we had a meeting it wasn't a dust bowl as such there was a little bit but nothing to worry about we got beat by a better team

Ah, yes. I'd forgotten that in a fog of dust. Priceless moment!

A fog of dust I was on the second bend and I could see every race
  • Like 1

Eastbourne next week why no replacement for Anderson? Also without Harris & Garrity will be a no contest let's hope it rains & gets postponed .

Because Gustafsson drives me crazy :D Simon cant even beat NL riders whilst Kennett can and also Kennett beat Simon around the Abbey on his final ride for the Brummies and we also know Kennett goes well around the Abbey :t:.

I watched enough of Kennett last season to last me a lifetime. Massive bottler when it matters as someone mentioned earlier.

dont agree there was dirt there last night it had to dry out from Thursdays deluge then if he watered and it rained it would have been of but he didn't and we had a meeting it wasn't a dust bowl as such there was a little bit but nothing to worry about we got beat by a better team

A fog of dust I was on the second bend and I could see every race

Agree we got beaten by a better team who 9 times out of 10 were quick from the gate and with Hansen and Fisher (in particular) not having a very good night there wasn't much chance of victory. Also agree about the dust as it wasn't that bad at all and was much worse at the previous meeting when rain was forecast.

The one good thing was the much improved presentation/music so welcome back to Chris and Richard Simpson who I'm sure will get the crowd going a lot better when we've got something to shout about rather than being a bit dispondent. Oh....and the National Anthem being dropped, so that's two good things. :)

Well done to Swindon on a deserved win. I've always liked Peter Kildermand so it was great to see him racing round Brandon again. If only we'd been able to hang on to him. :neutral:

• Like 5

Just a case of average fitting if there was more riders on Gustafsson's average out there then I would want them instead but there is not.

These rider all rode last season and have averages lower than Gustafsson's:

Olly Allen 5.19
Michal Szczepaniak 4.86
Kim Nilsson 5.18
Bobby Miskowiak 5.11
Ludvig Lindgren 4.48
Lasse Bjerre 4.28
Ulrich Ostergaard 4.43
Kauko Nieminen 4.62
Magnus Zetterstrom 4.98
Kevin Wolbert 5.04
Bjerre and Ostergaard are riding particularly well in the PL.

Just a case of average fitting if there was more riders on Gustafsson's average out there then I would want them instead but there is not.

Finely crafted rationale Gater1......

• Like 1

Under the new format he would be. Four points agsinst nk riders. Prob 2.5 out of 4 against second strings. 1 from 4 against heat leaders. Gives u 7.5.

No good as a third heat leader, but would be a strongish second string. Likes of fisher thorssel josh g must be averaging around 7 this season and kennett is as good as them?

Or by beating the same riders (plus nl riders) he is doing to average three as a heat leader

Jury still out as far as im concerned. seeing is believing.