British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedwaycrazy

Swindon V Lakeside 8th May

MEETING OFF.

Raining all day.

Edited by A ORLOV

Another horrible crappy day....becoming reminiscent of 2012 ......won the title that year......;p

Does your head in this crap weather in England, was really looking forward to tonight's meeting another Thursday without speedway.!

Been no Rain most of the day .

Has it rained at all in Swindon? I know the rain has been pretty wide spread today, but there have been some "City Size" rain free zones, its just nigh-on impossible to forecast where these dry atols are going to be.....

Perhaps promoters are a little bit to quick these days to rain off fixtures, perhaps they ought to wait until mid afternoon, then make a call to the met office... The problem with the UK and its weather is because we are an Island,the weather can be terribly unpredictable, very localised and changeable...... I appreciate the costs involved in "Race Time" call-offs, but supporters and potential new supporters lose faith when meetings get called off ultra early, based on weather forecasts that can and frequently are wrong at worst, and changeable at best..

Rain has been falling the previous few days so the track was extremely wet thursday morning, then we had some rain on thursday and more forecast up till about 6.

The forecasts are allover the place and more often wrong than right at the moment, look what happened monday.

• Like 1

Been no Rain most of the day .

Were you indoors Tim? Jean & I definitely got wet when we out & about yesterday & I thought it would be off before I checked at about 12.00pm.