British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Belle Vue Aces V King's Lynn Stars 12/05/14

From klstars.co.uk

STARS CALL ON WATT

Posted on May 8th, 2014

Kings Lynn Roger Warnes Transport Stars boss Rob Lyon has called on experienced racer Davey Watt for the clubs away fixture at Belle Vue on Monday.

The Stars are without key rider Kenneth Bjerre for the fixture after he suffered a broken collarbone at the end of last month while racing against Leicester at the Norfolk Arena. Lakesides Watt comes into the side and will race at number 5, Stars boss Lyon is confident the Aussie can be a good replacement, he said: Davey is in form at the moment and he was keen to help us out in place of Kenneth. He is a solid performer and I am sure he can do a good job for us.

Lynn, unbeaten in four meetings, will be aiming to keep that run going when they visit Kirkmanshulme Lane for the first time this season. Apart from Watt coming into the side, the Stars remain unchanged.

The Aces have had a mixed start to the season, picking up 11 points from 9 meetings. When the teams met last month the Stars came out on top with a 52-38 victory.

Belle Vue Aces

1. Matej Zager, 2. Michael Palm Toft, 3. Scott Nicholls 7.35, 4. Richie Worrall 5.83, 5. Craig Cook ©, 6. Stefan Nielsen, 7. Lee Payne

Kings Lynn Stars

1. Niels Kristian Iversen, 2. Nicklas Porsing, 3. Rory Schlein ©, 4. Robert Lambert, 5. David Watt, 6. Lewis Kerr, 7. Lewis Rose

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

Good choice of guest. Usually has good scores at our place

Going to be the toughest home match so far for the Aces.

KL's reserves should outscore ours by a significant margin so the 1-5 need to be on top form.

Will be amazed if Lee Payne is fit in time for Monday.

If the lads ride KL the way we know they can then I fancy B Vue to gain a narrow victory over Lynn. I think 2-6 pt win for the Aces.

Good choice of guest, this will definitely be our toughest home test

With Zagar on fire this year, Nichol, Cookie and Worrall scoring well, this is a tough place to go. Usually we go well there but this years team is far stronger than usual. Obviously our biggest area of worry has to be our 2nd strings, whom, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe either have ridden there before.. Our top riders will feel at home and hopefully Rory's time there will help to educate the Youngsters.

I feel confident in taking a point, but to expect any more, would be a bit too ambitious.

Would be very happy with a point personally.

This is a tough match, KL have stronger reserves, we probably have stronger second string riders at home, but the heat leaders are pretty evenly matched. Rory not firing on all cylinders so far this season, but we need Zagar and Cook on their A game

Hope Paul Carrington is the referee!! :D

If Payne's not recovered, not much of a choice left from the FT list - perm any one of only 3!!?

Hope Paul Carrington is the referee!! :D

Probably Tony Steele. Dam it!

Probably Tony Steele. Dam it!

At least you'll be alright if it rains. :lol: