British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside V Wolves 9/5

Like I said he would Scott put the effort in tonight and was a worthy replacement for Mikkel, great last heat splitting the wolves pair on the line.

Ben Morley again taking the scalps of some decent riders.

• Like 1

Piotr will be scared when Piotr turns up at the Raceway therefore Wolves will take a Hammering if you pardon the pun :D

13 points , 3 wins . Really scared. NOT. :t:

Wolves just not good enough.I really like our New number 1 well done Pawlicki top scorer again.

Edited by fish keeper
  • Like 1

Best of both as a Hammers fan tonight - some great racing and a good result!

Bit of an off night for PK, who was certainly trying hard but was perhaps a bit unlucky in a couple of races. A few great wins for Richard and Lewis as well, and Davey looked fast up until heat 15. Hopefully Ellis' bike issues aren't anything expensive. Another fantastic night for Ben Morley, beating both Proctor and Thorsell! Scott did fairly well for us too - if only all guests gave as much effort as he did, especially in heat 15!

Wolves gave us some entertaining racing! Pawlicki was very impressive and Tai looked a bit more like his usual self. Ricky Wells worked very hard for 4 third places, he looked pretty quick.

• Like 1

Special mention to Ben, great riding once again, came under a lot of pressure and kept his cool. Has really come on this year. Well done Lewis, made some good gates tonight, looking more confident as a second-string.

Once again the TR causes us more problems, when we were in complete control, but we got there in the end. Fortunately Wolves were only a two man team.

• Like 2

Another entertaining meeting. Again, points thrown away by the Hammers (Ellis & Nicholls) and I was not alone in believing that Scott did NOT split the Wolves pair in Heat 15. Thanks to Scotty for guesting and no lack of effort tonight.

Forsell looked good early on then fell on bends 3 and 4 when the Hammers were on an easy 5 - 1 , it came as no surprise that he made little if any effort to get up and clear the track.

Pawlicki looked very good indeed after his first heat error and it was a brave but correct decision to exclude him for causing Scott to lay his bike down to avoid colliding with him.

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 1

Nice win for the Hammers, and another great display from Ben Morley, and Richard Lawson too. Good to see Woffy looking more like his old self. That bodes well for his GP campaign.

Regarding some of the comments prior to the match, both Pawlicki and Nicholls were very good tonight. Scotty and Tai produced the race of the night in heat 15, battling for a 2nd place when the meeting was over. Great credit to them both for that.

I thought John Cook's comments regarding the tactical ride rule were interesting. He says he hates the rule and it's a stupid one. He also suggested that he might instruct Neil Vatcher not to use the rule even when we are elligable to do so. Whilst I applaud the sentiment, it would be awful if we missed out on the play offs by the odd point if we'd thrown such points away by taking a moral stand.

More than once last season Lakeside were given the short end of the stick when it came to certain decisions (the cancelled match at Poole springs to mind); and it would seem to me to be unfair in the extreme if we keep missing out by being the club trying to take the high ground all the time.

• Like 3

Another entertaining meeting. Again, points thrown away by the Hammers (Ellis & Nicholls) and I was not alone in believing that Scott did NOT split the Wolves pair in Heat 15. Thanks to Scotty for guesting and no lack of effort tonight.

Forsell looked good early on then fell on bends 3 and 4 when the Hammers were on an easy 5 - 1 , it came as no surprise that he made little if any effort to get up and clear the track.

Pawlicki looked very good indeed after his first heat error and it was a brave but correct decision to exclude him for causing Scott to lay his bike down to avoid colliding with him.

No you are not alone in thinking Scott didn't split The Wolves pair in Ht15; Scott was at least half a wheel behind , from my view on the back-straight. Was so clear I filled my programme in before the result was announced!

More than once last season Lakeside were given the short end of the stick when it came to certain decisions (the cancelled match at Poole springs to mind).

And let's not forget the 'major electrical problems' at King's Lynn.............that, after three days of apparently consulting Norfolk's finest 'sparkies', turned out to be a blown fuse!

Cannot believe the experts did NOT rate this Lakeside team I knew Lakeside would be in the top 4.

If you are referring to Lord 'Shouty' Pearson, and Kelvin 'no question' Tatum as the aforementioned experts, then it really isn't any surprise to be honest.

They clearly do not have any respect nor admiration for Lakeside Speedway Club.

Fact.

No you are not alone in thinking Scott didn't split The Wolves pair in Ht15; Scott was at least half a wheel behind , from my view on the back-straight. Was so clear I filled my programme in before the result was announced!

We had all this last year when Piotr Swidderski pipped Worrall on the line. Half the back straight we're on here claiming it was a wrong decision because it looked to them from the other side of the track that Worrall had held on. When the video became available a couple of weeks later it clearly showed in both normal time and slow motion that Swidderski had won by half a wheel. One thing about the position of the refs box at Lakeside, is that it gives a perfect view looking down on the start finish line, yet there still seem to be a lot on the back straight that think they get a better view from 100 metres away. One of the oldest mistakes in speedway is to start filling your programme in before the result is confirmed.

In terms of placings in heat 15 last night, good to see that one person or indeed maybe more, can see the chalk finishing line clearly from the back straight as others apparently could from the pits! :approve: I was sat next to the ref in the officials' box and the said ref called out, 'White, Blue, Yellow" as they crossed that said chalk line. It WAS close but that's how the ref called it - end of story eh?

Edited by Bryn

I thought John Cook's comments regarding the tactical ride rule were interesting. He says he hates the rule and it's a stupid one. He also suggested that he might instruct Neil Vatcher not to use the rule even when we are elligable to do so. Whilst I applaud the sentiment, it would be awful if we missed out on the play offs by the odd point if we'd thrown such points away by taking a moral stand.

Chalk this one up next to Peter Adams 'Pawlicki needs to learn English' in the Most ridiculous statements of the season book.

How many years have we have the tactical ride rule now? Yet now Cook pipes up all of a sudden he 'might' instruct his team not to use it. :rofl:

Of course he will :rolleyes: .Garbage comment from Cook.

Edited by BWitcher

Chalk this one up next to Peter Adams 'Pawlicki needs to learn English' in the Most ridiculous statements of the season book.

How many years have we have the tactical ride rule now? Yet now Cook pipes up all of a sudden he 'might' instruct his team not to use it. :rofl:

Of course he will :rolleyes: .Garbage comment from Cook.

In fairness, he's complained about the rule for a long time. Whether he'll refuse to use it or not, I'm not sure.

In terms of placings in heat 15 last night, good to see that one person or indeed maybe more, can see the chalk finishing line clearly from the back straight as others apparently could from the pits! :approve: I was sat next to the ref in the officials' box and the said ref called out, 'White, Blue, Yellow" as they crossed that said chalk line. It WAS close but that's how the ref called it - end of story eh?

Who said anything about seeing the chalk finishing line? When you are in line with posts (between which the line runs) you do not need to. The referee cannot concentrate on the line alone - he is watching the approach (as he has to in case anything occurs) and gets but the merest glimpse of the 'finish'. From the back straight you get the whole picture without having to shift your focus. It was a brave effort by Scott but everyone around me had filled in their programmes as a 5 - 1 to Wolves.

Bryn - just because the referee calls it so doesn't mean he/she actually got it right!

In fairness, he's complained about the rule for a long time. Whether he'll refuse to use it or not, I'm not sure.

He needs to explain why then it is still in place!

• Like 1

Yes, usually after someone has used it against him.

Yet to see him bleat about it after Lakeside have used it though :)

I really don't get this post at all.

So you're telling us the ref's opinion was the same as the result he declared.. well I never!

Others (Lakeside fans) it seemed saw it differently hence it being mentioned and discussed.