British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Premier League Pairs - Friday 11th July

I get your point, a good Cardiff performance might get a promoter in Poland or Sweden interested, though Craig Cook has exactly been a secret over the last few seasons, also this years PL Pairs is live on Sky Sports, so if your looking to advertise yourself what better way than live on tv.

Which is what he will be doing then next day anyway but on an even bigger stage.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Cook was reserve at Cardiff when he did the Pairs, this time he's got a full-blown place. I don't think anyone could really blame him if he misses Somerset; Cardiff is a big opportunity and getting a few points could have a big effect on the rest of his career (places in Poland, Sweden and the rest).

He seems ambitious enough and eventually that ambition will mean living the PL behind.

All the best

Rob

True, but practice at the GP`s are not compulsory so if Cook wants his chance at winning the PL Pairs for Edinburgh there is no reason why he shouldn't.

Fair play if he wanted to do the Pairs, but I was just saying I wouldn't blame him if he chooses not to. The practice is a good chance to work out the Cardiff track for the next day.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

Which is what he will be doing then next day anyway but on an even bigger stage.

Good god I actually agree with you here :o:lol:

I get your point, a good Cardiff performance might get a promoter in Poland or Sweden interested, though Craig Cook has exactly been a secret over the last few seasons, also this years PL Pairs is live on Sky Sports, so if your looking to advertise yourself what better way than live on tv.

As Blobby says a much bigger stage for him to be on telly on the Saturday, he would be silly to miss the practice and go into Cardiff blind not knowing what the track is like , getting his set ups sorted etc

• Like 1

Good god I actually agree with you here :o:lol:

As Blobby says a much bigger stage for him to be on telly on the Saturday, he would be silly to miss the practice and go into Cardiff blind not knowing what the track is like , getting his set ups sorted etc

you going? Edited by Arson fire

Doing well against Prem riders on TV or doing well against the top riders in the world on TV......no brainer good luck in the GP Cookie.

• Like 1

Well it's confirmed Max and Sam will represent us as Cookie will be at Cardiff for the GP qualifying as expected

Well it's confirmed Max and Sam will represent us as Cookie will be at Cardiff for the GP qualifying as expected

What a joke - three teams get excluded because their top two averages aren't high enough and then a team that has qualified send a pair that wouldn't have qualified.

Tell me how that is fair?

You can certainly sympathise with those teams who aren't in it in this type of situation. The answer of course would be to produce a format where every team can enter.

What a joke - three teams get excluded because their top two averages aren't high enough and then a team that has qualified send a pair that wouldn't have qualified.

Lets just say for argument sake if Cookie wanted to ride, edinburgh could still have went with Masters and Fricke anyway because you can pick any 2 of your 3 highest averaged riders.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see who lines up for the Panthers.

Lasse Bjerre is a certainty and for the other spot, I would go with Ulrich or maybe Fisher If he puts in some decent performances.

Using June GSA If its the top 3 that count for qualification:

WORKINGTON 24.81

Josh Grajczonek 9.23

Ricky Wells 7.84

Rene Bach 7.74

EDINBURGH 24.20

Craig Cook 10.7

Max Fricke 6.59

Sam Masters 6.91

SOMERSET 23.96

Nick Morris 8.67

Pontus Aspgren 7.41

Olly Allen 7.88

PETERBOROUGH 22.88

Ryan Fisher 8.04

Ulrich Ostergaard 6.84

Lasse Bjerre 8

PLYMOUTH 22.46

Ben Barker 9.32

Rasmus Jensen 6.73

Adam Roynon 6.41

REDCAR 22.06

Richard Lawson 8.71

Carl Wilkinson 6.09

Aaron Summers 7.26

IPSWICH 21.94

Richie Worrall 8.07

Rohan Tungate 6.7

Morten Risager 7.17

BERWICK 21.70

Claus Vissing 7.77

David Bellego 6.92

Kevin Doolan 7.01

SHEFFIELD 21.57

Simon Stead 9.39

Andre Compton 4.78

Leigh Lanham 7.4

NEWCASTLE 21.23

Ludvig Lindgren 7.37

Lewis Kerr 6.36

Stuart Robson 7.5

GLASGOW 20.70

Kevin Wolbert 7.69

Theo Pijper 6.78

Rusty Harrison 6.23

SCUNTHORPE 20.61

Nikolai Klindt 7.33

Ryan Douglas 6.71

Josh Auty 6.57

RYE HOUSE 20.51

Eddie Kennett 8.9

Steve Boxall 5.75

Luke Bowen 5.86

So looks like Glasgow, Scunthorpe and Rye House miss out

How many fast track riders from the ELITE league are riding??? OMG how on earth can we set up a fast track system that allows the premier league to avoid their responsibility to advance the British cause. We have middle aged Aussies, Germans and Americians riding.

qualification for this event is based on the teams top 3 averages not the top 2.

a team can select any of the two riders they want.

How many fast track riders from the ELITE league are riding??? OMG how on earth can we set up a fast track system that allows the premier league to avoid their responsibility to advance the British cause. We have middle aged Aussies, Germans and Americians riding.

Whats your point exactly?

• Like 1