Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Benefit Of Bet365

How much does the sport benefit from the streaming of live speedway matches. It obviously has an effect on the attendances with people watching the stream on line. Do the clubs benefit from a cash input, or is this another exercise of the sport shooting themselves in the foot again.

How much does the sport benefit from the streaming of live speedway matches. It obviously has an effect on the attendances with people watching the stream on line. Do the clubs benefit from a cash input, or is this another exercise of the sport shooting themselves in the foot again.

If people are not going because it's available on a little jumpy screen with no commentary then the BSPA need to look at how terrible a night out at the speedway truly is.

If the Promotions aint getting a fee, why would they allow a Bet365 Camera into their staduim ? Has to be something in it for them.

Yes teams are getting rewarded financially

I can only imagine the bet365 company wanting to do the streaming to supplement their betting. They aren't bothered about the well being of our sport.

Thinking of last night, I imagine there were quite a few who would or could have travelled to Perry Bar, but elected to stay at home and watch via the stream. I just wondered, are clubs being amply rewarded for this service in view of numbers dwindling.

I believe all these new media additions i.e.. Updates, Twitter, Facebook, Streaming, all have an effect on todays gates........

Promoter must feel it's like banging their heads against the brick walls all the time.

• Like 1

The fans will never know how rewarding it is to have Bet365 in the staduim. Like all things in Speedway as soon as the word MONEY comes into play then things go very tight lipped.

When is it visable to the fans which match is being covered by Bet365 ?

Edited by semion

I suggest a ban on all media, but it could never be controlled. On Wednesday up in the Royal Box, there was someone near me, twitting after every heat. god knows who was receiving that. No doubt they were well pleased to be kept up to date so easily. But it was someone who was interested in the score but decided against going to the meeting.

Edited by GRW123

So you wouldnt have Sky involved in Speedway GRW, do you think that would bring the crowds flocking back and the gate Money would make up for what a Promotor would lose from Sky ? Plus all the spins offs.

Edited by semion

It does not benefit at all. I would watch the stream instead of going to the Abbey to watch Swindon because £17 plus £3 for programme and £1 for parking is a bit expensive for 15 well strung out races with a NL Heat run twice in the meeting.

So you're irrelevant then, as you have already stated it's too expensive in your opinion, so you wouldn't be going anyway.

• Like 1

I suggest a ban on all media, but it could never be controlled.

Lol, are you a promoter?

It's exactly this kind of attitude, and the abject failure to embrace and respond to changing times and technology, that see the sport in the mess it is in currently.

The sport is, on the whole, run by clueless dinosaurs in the UK, who think that constantly keeping the fans in the dark and failing to pre publish line ups in riding order is the best way of encouraging people to attend!

Has anyone seriously chosen to stay at home because of a choppy little stream, with no commentary and woeful camera work that often causes the viewer to miss the battles for the minor places in races?

• Like 7

Speedway needs ALL the media exposure it can get. Sky is a good route to getting our sport in front of peoples eyes.

Bet365 is different, it's not going to promote our sport nor attract new supporters. I'm sure the lost income from the minority of fans who choose to watch the meetings online will be outweighed by the money the clubs get from Bet365. I don't think it's a big deal really.

It may even lead to more sponsorship opportunities from betting companies? The 'Bet365 Elite League' perhaps?

Nigel and Kelv could be like "Darcy Ward is up next in heat 13, and at 3-1 on to win represents decent value to us - have a bang on that" : )

I suggest a ban on all media, but it could never be controlled. On Wednesday up in the Royal Box, there was someone near me, twitting after every heat. god knows who was receiving that. No doubt they were well pleased to be kept up to date so easily. But it was someone who was interested in the score but decided against going to the meeting.

:t::rofl:

Brilliant, ban all media.

That's the way to bring the sport into the 21st Century!

• Like 1

At poole on wednesday the price including car park and prog was £21.50. No wonder the crowds have gone down there. Old die hards like me will continue to go but floating fans will never come back, and i don't blame them!

• Like 1