British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Benefit Of Bet365

It does not benefit at all. I would watch the stream instead of going to the Abbey to watch Swindon because £17 plus £3 for programme and £1 for parking is a bit expensive for 15 well strung out races with a NL Heat run twice in the meeting.

Buy an NUS student card, make a programme at home and park at the pub over the road. I've just saved you about £9!

The races are actually less strung out than ever before due to the format, as we no longer have to witness the sort of garbage we were when Jason Crump finished three quarters of a lap ahead of Andreas Messing!

You get half a dozen matchups between the heat leaders now, rather than the two you used to get!

• Like 4

Buy an NUS student card, make a programme at home and park at the pub over the road. I've just saved you about £9!

The races are actually less strung out than ever before due to the format, as we no longer have to witness the sort of garbage we were when Jason Crump finished three quarters of a lap ahead of Andreas Messing!

You get half a dozen matchups between the heat leaders now, rather than the two you used to get!

Correct because now we Have Max Clegg , Greenwood etc wheel to wheel with second strings in every race

I go to see Swindon a lot but if it was on bet365 I would not go. Why would I to see a NL rider embarrass himself or see a young Swede who does not even want to try if he does not make the start.

Do you? - you don't buy a programme or park the car because the prices you quoted in an earlier post are wrong! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Correct because now we Have Max Clegg , Greenwood etc wheel to wheel with second strings in every race

But they're closer to the second string than Gary Chessell was in relation to Tommy Knudsen when the Bees met Swindon in the late 80's, or Wayne Broadhurst was to Jimmy Nilsen in the same meeting.

Your point has no validity in the slightest. In the first twenty years I watched the sport, I saw Andy Hackett beat Erik Gundersen once and Andy Meredith beat Shawn Moran after being towed round by Peter Karlsson! Lesser lights beating second strings or heat leaders happened once in a blue moon.

Team Speedway is far better when you have riders of varying quality, with the Swedish League being a prime example of how not to do things. Top fives packed with stars, yet the racing is absolutle rubbish consistently.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 1

So far bet365 has not stopped me from going to watch a meeting, Lakeside were filmed a couple of weeks ago and i knew it in advance but still went to the track because its simply a better experience, maybe if there was doubt about the meeting going ahead then i would certainly consider staying at home knowing i would not miss the match completely.

Sky is a different animal though, most of the time i would stay at home and watch it rather than go to the track but then so do many others so you end up finding those you chat too normally are not there anyway so it gets boring quickly without mates to talk to in betwen the races.

Back in the day when there were more tracks (im going back to the 80's here! ) i knew of people who would take in several meetings a week, Milton Keynes one night, then maybe a visit to Hackney, Arena Essex, Rye House, Ipswich, Mildenhall, Wimbledon, cant do that now and if you could imagine the cost in petrol alone!

• Like 2

it was roughly prices I put earlier.

You sure Gater ? You aint being pulling our plonkers and dont you even go the meetings, have you ?

I go to see Swindon a lot

Do you really? Or are you just pretending?

For me, I think it is a positive thing. I've been watching more speedway this year then I have in recent years because of it. It's also resulted in added interest in the household and attending more meetings than I have done in recent years.

And, yes, this is purely because we've been watching these live feeds.

But they're closer to the second string than Gary Chessell was in relation to Tommy Knudsen when the Bees met Swindon in the late 80's, or Wayne Broadhurst was to Jimmy Nilsen in the same meeting.

Your point has no validity in the slightest. In the first twenty years I watched the sport, I saw Andy Hackett beat Erik Gundersen once and Andy Meredith beat Shawn Moran after being towed round by Peter Karlsson! Lesser lights beating second strings or heat leaders happened once in a blue moon.

Team Speedway is far better when you have riders of varying quality, with the Swedish League being a prime example of how not to do things. Top fives packed with stars, yet the racing is absolutle rubbish consistently.

Not at all looked at Messing record he's beaten many heat leaders in his time included Jason Crump I expect ...Greenwood etc were nowhere near second strings in any race so your example is poor one and does show the racing is closer now in any form

I can only imagine the bet365 company wanting to do the streaming to supplement their betting. They aren't bothered about the well being of our sport.

Thinking of last night, I imagine there were quite a few who would or could have travelled to Perry Bar, but elected to stay at home and watch via the stream. I just wondered, are clubs being amply rewarded for this service in view of numbers dwindling.

I believe all these new media additions i.e.. Updates, Twitter, Facebook, Streaming, all have an effect on todays gates........

Promoter must feel it's like banging their heads against the brick walls all the time.

All these new Features Updates? The Updates site has been running over 10 years so it's hardly new.

In my view the prices what places charge now for Speedway has outgrown the product but I guess that could be said about everything these days.

Edited by Superstar1
  • Like 1

I do go to Swindon if the meeting is not on bet365.

If you want exact prices Programme £2.50 and car parking £1.50 :t:

You sure you aint being telling us Porkies ?

Not at all looked at Messing record he's beaten many heat leaders in his time included Jason Crump I expect ...Greenwood etc were nowhere near second strings in any race so your example is poor one and does show the racing is closer now in any form

I'm not trying to prove that it's any closer now, I'm just stating the fact that it's not that radically different to how it was 30 years ago in terms of team structure / strung out races. There will always be good meetings and there will always be bad meetings.

I think peoples main issue is that it now costs 17 quid to get in rather than £2.80, and Speedway in any form over the last 50 years doesn't represent a value for money night out for that price. That, coupled with the fact that promoters are largely clueless, is what holds the sport back.

• Like 2

:t::rofl:

Brilliant, ban all media.

That's the way to bring the sport into the 21st Century!

'Ban media' was obviously the wrong word. Delay, would be better. Controlled Media, The sport needs to be governed in the correct way. Not just one free for all .

Of cause I'm aware of the benefits of Sky television and the ability to push the sport into homes . But pushing out live league broadcast does more harm than good, a few hour delay wouldn't do any a harm to viewing numbers but it would probably put more people on the gate. Transmit the big meetings live like SGP but do away with live league matches......

The word is 'tweeting' GRW : )

Sorry.... Slip of the finger.....

This is what you said unless it was someone else ...the fact of matter the races are just as strung out now as they were before and you still have watch garbage races between nl no hopers v second strings that end up 3 and a quarters of a lap in between the riders .

Edited by orion

This is what you said unless it was someone else ...the fact of matter the races are just as strung out now as they were before and you still have watch garbage races between nl no hopers v second strings that end up 3 and a quarters of a lap in between the riders .

Unless Simon Gustafsson is in the race.

• Like 1

I am really glad I am not a national league no hoper, how disrespectful to young British Riders coming into the sport, don't you think that statement about them is not only grossly unfair, it's sheer nastiness..