Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Poole V Kings Lynn 28/05/2014

Im here. No complaints from this side of the fence, we were beaten by a better side, on the night. But there's not much between the two, and Trophies are not given out untill October, so i won't be losing any sleep just yet.. Talking of the Track, was you there tonight, did you actually see it?

Oh and by the way, Steve has called it time on this forum, he is fed up with the petty Childish behaviour from certain posters, who just can't see beyond anything Steve Shovler. He's finished with it and won't be back.

LOL

• Like 1

Oh and by the way, Steve has called it time on this forum, he is fed up with the petty Childish behaviour from certain posters, who just can't see beyond anything Steve Shovler. He's finished with it and won't be back.

:rofl:

I remember another Poole poster saying the same thing......................................... and he is back under a different name.

So you soon Shovlar, or whatever you try and call yourself. :t:

You say about petty childish behaviour but haven't you noticed, that since the departure of Shovlar the forum has become far more relaxed. Far more debating on subjects in a far more humorous and harmonious fashion. Steve never bothered me to much but he certainly knew how to word his posts to rile others then act the victim.

The forum has once again become an absolute pleasure to be a part of and long may it continue

• Like 4

Spot on.

If Poole take all 3 points against Kings Lynn; I won't post on the Elite League forum again until July the 1st.

At least we know what was on Kennys mind!! Edited by Smithy304

You say about petty childish behaviour but haven't you noticed, that since the departure of Shovlar the forum has become far more relaxed.

The forum has once again become an absolute pleasure to be a part of and long may it continue

Not really no, you still have the usual wind up merchants who will continue to write their drivel re anti poole. Unfortunately, they are programmed.

Thank you Jacques. And your right we were beaten by a better team on the night. But i don't expect the class of year 1 on here to agree with your top two paragrapghs.

However, could the pupil from the Reception class learn how to spell ''paragraphs'' for their half term homework. ;)

Edited by RH92
  • Like 3

I'll miss his avatar

• Like 1

Yes , 12 points in Sweden is awful.

Good in sweden, mediocre tonight... inconsistent springd to mind....

And Iversen lost to Milik and Bridger.

So i fail to see your point.

Surely his point is that if josh g hsd performed as expected, poole would have won. Pooles second strings are averaging 2-3 points a meeting more than kings lynns, if they had done that tonight poole would have won.

Farmer Giles.. :party:

No he's a Promoter!

Righto. And this is one of the reasons why Steve has told me to tell you what to do with this forum..

Mike ultimately the Track is Matt's fault, the curators keep asking for the tools to sort the track but it falls on deaf ears.

Also when you are the head of any company the buck stops there, if anyone doesn't do their job properly, and I include you and me in this, it's up to the management to sort.

• Like 5

Well I don't come on here much these days, cant be bothered with the likes of people like the one in exile

Excellent result for Kings Lynn, disappointing for Poole, i'm sure Matt Ford will react to this, As several people have mentioned long way to go yet, but for now looks like our best chance of winning league since 2000. Remember Kings Lynn have never won the English 1st division, its been 50 years in the making, surely no one would begrudge a little success now and then would they ?

• Like 4

Im here. No complaints from this side of the fence, we were beaten by a better side, on the night. But there's not much between the two, and Trophies are not given out untill October, so i won't be losing any sleep just yet.. Talking of the Track, was you there tonight, did you actually see it?

That's the best news I've heard this lifetime. I hope he's not lying!

Edited by BritPete
  • Like 2

no I wasn't there watched on the bet 365 stream and there was one line close to the fence and the majority if riders were lifting between bends 1 and 2 hitting the ruts. Cost you the win as Milik and Darcy both hit it late on when in front. I'm sure Shovlar wouldn't have left if Poole were winning not that anyone misses his daft posts

Thoroughly enjoyed last night, must say although the screen is small, it's amazing how much we got to see from the live screening, even the commentary made it better.

Surprised the Poole track is no better, after it was announced repair work had been done last year. Clearly it benefits no-one, least of all Poole from the ruts and bumps. How much you can attribute Darcy's errors, in the last two defeats at home, to the track, only Darcy knows.

The Stars performed admirably last night, each rider contributing to the success. Non more so than our Capt. Marvel. There has been talk on the forum that he's not as good as we think, a spent force, a has been, but last night proved just how good he really is. As a 3rd heat leader he has few equals. Lewis Kerr continued his impressive form. As the meeting mount up, so does the scalps of 2nd strings he has beaten. I can understand other clubs being envying of us having the top FTR.

There is all talk of Poole changing riders, but they have good team. Their 1 to 5 is equal or better than most teams in the league. They have some brilliant young riders, but they don't have this divine right to win every match. Poole's biggest problem is their draft riders, and no amount of money will alter that. Unless Ford can produce a magical rider to fill that reserve berth, Poole will be no different than the other teams in the league.

Probably, this is the time when Poole will wish they put more importance into producing younger talent then they have done in the past.......

• Like 1

No he's a Promoter!

Mike ultimately the Track is Matt's fault, the curators keep asking for the tools to sort the track but it falls on deaf ears.

Also when you are the head of any company the buck stops there, if anyone doesn't do their job properly, and I include you and me in this, it's up to the management to sort.

Get it sorted Matt, time to get your hands dirty and give your boys a good race track! Nobody better than Darcy on a great track!
  • Like 2