Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Poole V Kings Lynn 28/05/2014

A pointless fixture: This won't be a rehearsal for the Play-offs.

Yes, you are right for once.

If enough teams beat Poole they won't actually even get to the play offs. :lol:

• Like 1

i admit you are one of the decent Poole fans on here but sorry you are wrong on that one.

Iversen ahead of Darcy last year and this.

Also you know Iversen is world class as you dont get to world number 3 otherwise.

What i was getting at is that Darcy would be fancied to get a maximum unless up against Neils, Tai or Zagar and possibly Kildemand

lol yes i see Morley is riding. His form for Lakeside is far better than anything Hopwood has managed so far.

didnt say he was the weak link thats clearly the number 7 berth.

Janowski is very inconsistent and i feel he could let the pirates down as push come to shove

Darcy rarely gets a maximum because he doesn't gate very often but i would expect him to outscore Niels.

Cant i be biased now and again, Iversen is a great rider and in the EL he has performed better but he wouldn't beat a fully fit Ward.

It's a pointless 'IF' argument as Jepsen Jensen showed last weekend that neither Ward or PUK stand a chance against the chosen one.

Edited by Liam Gallagher Fan

It's a pointless 'IF' argument as Jepsen Jensen showed last weekend that neither Ward or PUK stand a chance against the chosen one.

about as pointless as one of your comments now p**s off

Darcy rarely gets a maximum because he doesn't gate very often but i would expect him to outscore Niels.

Not much between the two of them tbh. However, Darcy is the better rider imo. NKI is the better gater, but Darcy has more in his locker, and the most exciting rider in the World to watch...apart from MJJ of course. ;)

• Like 2

Yes, you are right for once.

If enough teams beat Poole they won't actually even get to the play offs. :lol:

Don't hold ya breath...

Not much between the two of them tbh. However, Darcy is the better rider imo. NKI is the better gater, but Darcy has more in his locker, and the most exciting rider in the World to watch...apart from MJJ of course. ;)

Darcy is by far the most natural talent we have seen since Loram.

However im a believer in figures and performance to back up opinions.

NKI has a better average last year and this year. i agree Darcy hasnt ridden much.

NKI has won 2 grand prixs to Darcys 1

NKI is world number 3 though again i admit Darcy missed meetings.

At the moment NKI is the better of the 2. People let talent get in the way of results.

I have no doubt in time Darcy can achieve more than Iversen. At the moment he isnt the better, more natural yes.

Its like saying Jimmy White was better than Hendry. More talent, not so good results and titles wise.

Only 2 things are stopping Darcy: his gating, and the fact he over rides sometimes which is leading to injuries (and yes i know this one wasnt his fault)

Thing is if he learnt to gate then he wouldnt be over riding. Needs to take a look at Loram in his prime. The master of the overtake and never seemed to crash when making moves in a race.

Don't want to get into a Niels v Darcy argument because, quite frankly there isn't one.

This is how it is:- Darcy Ward IS the better racer - Niels Kristian Iversen IS the better point scorer - all square as rider's.

On to the meeting, certainly hopeful of an away victory to be honest. We're better than Coventry and Poole are weaker without Janowski but last week could have been just one of those night's for Poole.

Hopefully Niels is feeling better, exhaustion starting to get the better of him hence his withdrawal from the best pairs

41-49 & all 4 points in the bag, anything less than a draw will be disappointing

• Like 1

Don't want to get into a Niels v Darcy argument because, quite frankly there isn't one.

This is how it is:- Darcy Ward IS the better racer - Niels Kristian Iversen IS the better point scorer - all square as rider's.

On to the meeting, certainly hopeful of an away victory to be honest. We're better than Coventry and Poole are weaker without Janowski but last week could have been just one of those night's for Poole.

Hopefully Niels is feeling better, exhaustion starting to get the better of him hence his withdrawal from the best pairs

41-49 & all 4 points in the bag, anything less than a draw will be disappointing

i 100% agree with what you say.

But give me 15 points from my number one rather than 11 or 12.

But then again give me great racing as well tricky one to answer

I guess Poole fans can answer this question back in 1999/2000

Mark Loram at the time the worlds best racer or...........................Tony Rickardsson points machine.

Who did Poole fans want in there side?

Anyway sorry to deviate lets hope for a good safe meeting with good racing............and a Lynn win

Mark Loram at the time the worlds best racer or...........................Tony Rickardsson points machine.

Anyway sorry to deviate lets hope for a good safe meeting with good racing............and a Lynn win

I don't think Rickardsson is a good comparison. Hugh point scorer but he was absolutely sensational racer when he missed a start. He simply has been the best of the best of all time IMO. Rickardsson had the lot and nobody but nobody comes close today

• Like 1

I don't think Rickardsson is a good comparison. Hugh point scorer but he was absolutely sensational racer when he missed a start. He simply has been the best of the best of all time IMO. Rickardsson had the lot and nobody but nobody comes close today

Yeah, I'll second that. In the many years I've watched this sport, I would have to place Rickardsson as the best rider I have ever seen.

That man could do it all.......

• Like 2

Ward was certainly the better rider, racer, call it what you will, last week at Lynn. This week the circus with the guns for hire moves on to Poole. Who is the better rider, racer this week ?

This match is not just about Niels and Darcy, it's far more important than that. There are seven riders in the team, all of whom can play a massive part on how the spoils will be shared. Does it matter who is best?, best at what? Both are extremely talented riders, and can perform miracles when on a bike. Two totally different people in every way possible, but both are able to amaze us all with their ability. This match may have two of the top riders in the world, but regardless of who is best on the night it will not dictate the result of the match.

Feel it's a good time to play Poole, with Darcy not fully recovered and Magic off sick, but I've got a hunch that this will be Poole third rained off meeting of the week. Pity....

Difficult question that. Mark couldn't gate for Toffee, but was a superb racer and would regulary come from the back could ride all lines. We always used to say, please miss the gate. Tony was an allround rider, he could gate ride all lines win from the front and win from the back. Who would i want in my team... Both, for pure entertainment.