Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Poole V Kings Lynn 28/05/2014

This match is not just about Niels and Darcy, it's far more important than that. There are seven riders in the team, all of whom can play a massive part on how the spoils will be shared. Does it matter who is best?, best at what? Both are extremely talented riders, and can perform miracles when on a bike. Two totally different people in every way possible, but both are able to amaze us all with their ability. This match may have two of the top riders in the world, but regardless of who is best on the night it will not dictate the result of the match.

Feel it's a good time to play Poole, with Darcy not fully recovered and Magic off sick, but I've got a hunch that this will be Poole third rained off meeting of the week. Pity....

Agree with all that except the last point having already made the trip down to watch this.

Imagine how good darcy could have been by now riding on the Norfolk arena track each week developing his riding ability rather than making the best of the poor surface at poole

Cant i be biased now and again, Iversen is a great rider and in the EL he has performed better but he wouldn't beat a fully fit Ward.

Biased.

Ward is a great talent. Right now World and league standings would have Iversen ahead of most riders.

Cannot see this meeting going on, the weather looks awful tomorrow talks of flooding etc.

Nice to see Bridger guesting for Poole.

According to the radio this morning, it's supposed to be showers tomorrow morning then clear the rest of the day which should work well, assuming the showers are just showers and not heavy rain! Hopefully will be ok, I'm looking forward to my first league fixture at Poole this year :)

According to the radio this morning, it's supposed to be showers tomorrow morning then clear the rest of the day which should work well, assuming the showers are just showers and not heavy rain! Hopefully will be ok, I'm looking forward to my first league fixture at Poole this year :)

Which is right. I don't in visage any problems.

Biased.

Ward is a great talent. Right now World and league standings would have Iversen ahead of most riders.

Darcy is ahead in the gp standings.

Darcy the better rider in my view, more likely to win a gp title than nki.

BUT...in domestic speedway, where consistency is arguably more important tban brilliance, nki is unquestionably the better of the two.

Darcy is ahead in the gp standings.

Darcy the better rider in my view, more likely to win a gp title than nki.

BUT...in domestic speedway, where consistency is arguably more important tban brilliance, nki is unquestionably the better of the two.

NKI was a stand out performer LAST season across GP ranking and league performances.

I dont disagree that Ward `has the potential` to win a World title. His gating at the moment is his biggest downfall.

So Niels still ahead on the overall package for me.

Either way both are World class riders and both are equally capable of becoming World Champ.

The point I would make is how many average years did we have before iversen suddenly realised he could a number one and a gp star, it is only in recent times he has raised his level.

There's no comparison between Ward and Niels.

Darcy's had injury problems this year but is still above PUK in the SGP Series.

That speaks volumes; Niels is a good rider but Darcy is a special rider and he's up there with the likes of Rickardsson, Loram, Moran and Jepsen Jensen.

The point I would make is how many average years did we have before iversen suddenly realised he could a number one and a gp star, it is only in recent times he has raised his level.

That is a fair point, and Darcy is younger.

However the point remains that Niels is the better all rounder currently.

Darcy had the advantage of starting at a decent track. NKI only came to Lynn much later.

If Ward is the best GP rider and Puk the better League rider, as some are suggesting. Does this mean Ward is not putting in the effort at League level ?

Darcy had the advantage of starting at a decent track. NKI only came to Lynn much later.

If Ward is the best GP rider and Puk the better League rider, as some are suggesting. Does this mean Ward is not putting in the effort at League level ?

No some riders are great at league level, others just have that ability to raise their game fir big meetings. I dont think its due in anyway to effort.

Hsmpel has been the best rider in the world in league speedway, but still doesnt have a titke, anf only made the podium last year due to injuries to others. Bobby scwartz, jan andersson were consistently excellent bl riders who were never going to be good enough to win the title.

There's no comparison between Ward and Niels.

Darcy's had injury problems this year but is still above PUK in the SGP Series.

That speaks volumes; Niels is a good rider but Darcy is a special rider and he's up there with the likes of Rickardsson, Loram, Moran and Jepsen Jensen.

OMG! How the chuff can MJJ can be compared to those riders? He's not even fit to lick their boots! Is that the school bell I can hear ringing... :rofl:

Please can someone check if this match is on Bet365? I am at work, and such sinful site are blocked!

Nothing for tonight yet -but it`s a bit early-late morning is normally the time they post which match they are streaming.

Please can someone check if this match is on Bet365? I am at work, and such sinful site are blocked!

No it's Birmingham v Leicester.