British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Charlie Gjedde Comeback ?

Reports in Denmark are suggesting that Charlie Gjedde is on the verge of returning to racing after a very serious injury last season-could do a job for someone if and when he`s back to his best.

• Like 1

What injuries did he receive and where? Really cannot remember where either....?

All I know is that it was the Danish championship semi-finals in holstebro last season.

Be good to see the Gjedde back.

Without doubt the best rider to ever wear a Wasps racejacket, absolute class.

But would be a slight risk on a 9 average in PL. Didnt he break his back a couple of years back?

• Like 1

Be good to see the Gjedde back.

Without doubt the best rider to ever wear a Wasps racejacket, absolute class.

But would be a slight risk on a 9 average in PL. Didnt he break his back a couple of years back?

should be worth an average reduction surely?

I would think he deserves an average reduction not only due to the amount of timeout with injuries as Charlie has been loyal to his British commitments ever since he first came over here. Bloody stylish rider too

• Like 1

As he's been out over 12 months due to injury he'd get an 8% reduction. So would be about 8 in the PL at a guess. Well worth the "risk" on that figure.

edit> Last average 8.88, 2 season out so he should be 7.52 in the PL. Bargain.

5.94 in the EL.

Edited by SCB

As he's been out over 12 months due to injury he'd get an 8% reduction. So would be about 8 in the PL at a guess. Well worth the "risk" on that figure.

edit> Last average 8.88, 2 season out so he should be 7.52 in the PL. Bargain.

5.94 in the EL.

A bargain average maybe, but would you take a chance on a rider who`s had the thick end of a year out, you`d probably take the risk on a younger rider but Gjedde`s best days are behind him.

Be nice to see him back and fit. Don't think The Aces would track him as I can't see his average bring reduced if we wanted to use him.

I rated him when he raced for us at Rye. If he could sustain an 8 point figure I'd take him back at some point.