British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Charlie Gjedde Comeback ?

Would be good to see Gjedde back in UK, class rider on his day and was great to watch at Belle Vue.

• Like 1

I had not realised he was injured. I wrongly presumed he had retired.

I would love to see Charlie Gjedde back in British Speedway if he is fit. I used to enjoy watching him.

• Like 1

What injuries did he receive and where? Really cannot remember where either....?

If i remember correctly, he broke several vertebra and some of them were quite nasty hence the long period of recovery

If i remember correctly, he broke several vertebra and some of them were quite nasty hence the long period of recovery

Given his age and the serious injuries he has picked in his career I think a comeback is the wrong option.

Just watching him now in the Danish league and his first ride looked like a man who had not raced a bike in anger for 12 months (probably more tbf) but since then he's looked alright. Better than Hougaard IMO. Kept Nicki honest just then without really challenging him but you'd not expect him to. Would IMO be worth signing on his EL and PL average.

Just watching him now in the Danish league and his first ride looked like a man who had not raced a bike in anger for 12 months (probably more tbf) but since then he's looked alright. Better than Hougaard IMO. Kept Nicki honest just then without really challenging him but you'd not expect him to. Would IMO be worth signing on his EL and PL average.

I'm sorry but I feel one of my famous teams coming on :P

I'm sorry but I feel one of my famous teams coming on :P

NO - NO - N0 - NO - NO!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anything but that. :nono:

:)