British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Swindon Mon 2nd June

Disappointing evening, only managed to make 3 meetings this season, Lakeside away (hammered), Kings Lynn home (hammered), and now this one tonight, not a great season to date for me.

Barker's exclusion was ridiculous, was right behind it on the first bend, Barker had the outside line going into turn 1 with Morris on the inside of the middle line, and at that point Barker is clearly making a move around the outside, Morris then loses the bike halfway through the corner which takes him right into the middle of Barker's line, Barker is then either going to ride into him or have to adjust his line to send him in the fence. In the interest of safety he was forced to put the bike down, absurd decision.

Why they were waiting so long before heat 1 I have no idea (well, I do, Sky), and if they'd got on with it during that first rain break when it wasn't too bad then we'd have got a result. Yes we pay for 15 heats of speedway but once you start a meeting the goal has to be to get a result, and had we not plodded along like we did then it would've got to heat 10 easily. Don't blame Rossiter at all, he's doing exactly what he should be to protect the interests of his team (and by that I mean not losing the meeting rather than safety), but it's up to when of the supposedly neutral figures running the meeting to stand up to him.

Of what racing did happen it was generally pretty poor, very unlike Perry Barr, but it was nice to see us put in an all round decent performance, much more encouraging, shame it's Kings Lynn on Thursday....

Let's all be honest, what Rosco said tonight was absolutely bang on, meetings shouldn't be pushed through just to establish a result. It does rip off the paying public.

The reason he comes across as a bit of a monkey is because when it suits he views the opposite opinion. Consistency is all the fans want.

We can't just blame Rosco though, it's just he's added to the argument from tonight's meeting. ALL promoters pull the same stunts.

• Like 2

Sick and tired of people slagging off british speedway and people like Pearson who are doing there best to get the sport popular again...meeting called of ht 9 annoying yes but we couldn't race on get over it next meeting .... Why don't you all have a few hours off before you find your next topic to moan about.....

By the way vor you clearly haven't seen ben barker ride perry barr much my friend...but in regards to rest of your piece spot on pal

• Like 2

Sorry don't agree, Barker was going for the full on outside run and would have made it. Morris being out of control hindered that run. Wrong call in my opinion.

Fully agree, correct call.

The only saving grace for watching the SKY meeting was to see how Bartosz got on.

Dull meeting before the rain ruined it.

Fair play guys on your points of view. I'm more than happy to be told I'm wrong but I was just saying it as I saw it (and stick by it 100%).

Just on my other point though - if such a miscarriage of justice was served, don't you find it just a tad strange that neither Jack Lee or Ben got on the pit phone to the ref (assuming they didn't as Sky generally love showing these altercations - possibly as much as we enjoy the added spice)?

Not sure why they didn't give a view of the incident front-on; coming into the bend as well though?

Just to balance things up, I've always enjoyed watching Ben Barker ride - even way back in his days at Brandon. Nick, on the other hand, is one of those guys who I'm amazed continues to hold down an Elite League position - I truly think he's out of his depth.

Fair play guys on your points of view. I'm more than happy to be told I'm wrong but I was just saying it as I saw it (and stick by it 100%).

Just on my other point though - if such a miscarriage of justice was served, don't you find it just a tad strange that neither Jack Lee or Ben got on the pit phone to the ref (assuming they didn't as Sky generally love showing these altercations - possibly as much as we enjoy the added spice)?

Not sure why they didn't give a view of the incident front-on; coming into the bend as well though?

Just to balance things up, I've always enjoyed watching Ben Barker ride - even way back in his days at Brandon. Nick, on the other hand, is one of those guys who I'm amazed continues to hold down an Elite League position - I truly think he's out of his depth.

An Elite Lge average of 6.38 would suggest Nick can swim down the deep end... ;)

You certainly have not seen Nick ride at the Abbey then, because i find your statement amazing.You are entitled to your opinion of course,i would love to know what his home average is over the last two years?i would think it is quite healthy.Birmingham is not one of Nicks favourite hunting grounds but overall he is improving away from home. Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

Why they were waiting so long before heat 1 I have no idea (well, I do, Sky),

Exactly, SkySports with their Swindon influence (Ronnie Russell) had their influence on this meeting all over. They could see the same weather forecasts and weather radar as everyone else. They need to have their commercial breaks, before and during the meeting, so that the meeting couldn't proceed at the usual pace, and between Russell and Rosco, who last time managed to force through Swindon's last rain effected meeting against Belle Vue through to Swindon's advantage, this time managed to delay things enough for Swindon to get a second bite at the cherry. 15 minutes wasted at the start so that people know what insurance to buy and what shaving products to use, and 15 minutes wasted mid meeting so that Rosco can have a blubber over the odd spot or drizzle, and bingo, the meeting was delayed enough for a rematch to be needed. Strange how at Belle Vue last year, Russell was running around at Kirky Lane SO keen to get to heat 10 to get Poole their required result, this time was nowhere to be seen, not imparting any urgency, and just happy to save Swindon's bacon.

The speedway establishment in this country STINKS.

• Like 3

I really don't understand this mad rush to get to heat 10 philosophy.

Just adopt a rule that no result can stand if a meeting is abandoned where that result could still change.

It's plain common sense to me.

You have hit it right on the head Adder!

Simplify the rules, and ensure as you so rightly say: No result stands unless the losing team can not have a chance for a scoring match point!

• Like 1

all this Rosco bashing truely amazes me.... since when has a team manager have control over the way the meeting is run, especially an away TM... i haven't seen the meeting but reading through the comments on here tells me he did say something along the lines of not rushing through....

.....surely the 'inept' referee ( DR :blink: clueless pratt) along with Sky call the shots... 2 minute warnings, advert breaks, Bill & Ben babbling on will hold up the proccedings..?? ...No...??

• Like 1

Nick Morris out of his depth??!! That's top 3 of the most ridiculous posts ever. Some achievement in this place!!

• Like 6

Was a bit disappointing but as soon as Wolves was off it was obvious that Brum would be next.

To be fair to the ref, at a Sky meeting they have minimal input. The pace, 2mins are all under instruction of Sky.

The Barker decision was down to him completely though.

I asked him why he excluded Barker and apparently Barker didn't react or change his line because of Morris. So was always going down. Would need to see the replay to confirm if that's right or not though.

• Like 2

Was a bit disappointing but as soon as Wolves was off it was obvious that Brum would be next.

To be fair to the ref, at a Sky meeting they have minimal input. The pace, 2mins are all under instruction of Sky.

The Barker decision was down to him completely though.

I asked him why he excluded Barker and apparently Barker didn't react or change his line because of Morris. So was always going down. Would need to see the replay to confirm if that's right or not though.

the barker decision was atrocious, how you can say it was correct is beyond me lol

• Like 1

Using that messed up theory then Josh Grajczonek should be excluded here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLi-RCjKpQ8

From the Pits to watching the pits,

The Ronniw and Rosco cartel was so evident last night, it was all set up the minuite it started to rain, Rosco to Ronnie we wont ride in this it' dangerous. Lets wait 15 mins and see if it gets worse Ron, that way we wont get to ht 10.

So what does every one do follows suit, Troy doesnt want to get his kevlars wet so he wants to go home.

This was only the second time I have been to Bham this year and it showed that the BSPA monopoly do not want Bham to do any good.

Sky delayed the meeting when any other time they would have been at heat 3 before the meeting started, made to move forward to get the meeting finished.

Overall a p--s poor performance by Sky the mafia and the paying public got robbed.

Shame on all of you

• Like 1