British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DragonsDen

Rye House V Ipswich Sat 31st May

Rather than wait for someone else to start this thread on the day lets get stuck in now!

Does anyone have any news of all the injured riders?

I think Rye will win this one; it used to be a close meeting when they meet in the past but the rockets appear to have the upper hand now.

Any thoughts?

Jason Garritys last match at reserve before he moves up. He'll be the key rider. Heat 2 with Ellis should be interesting.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

There should be a separate flashing light similar to the 2 minute warning for any heat involving Garrity.

'WARNING WARNING - Garrity incoming off gateX'

Think it will be a tight one with the team that runs the least last places coming out on top.

Head - Rye 48 Witches 42

Heart - Rye 42 Witches 48.

I'm going to this one. My first visit to Rye House since the Witches rode in the BSPA Cup (Remember that?) in 1991.

What's the best way to get there? A12/M25/A10 or A12/A120 and across country?

Or shall I have my usual Saturday night and stay at hoom and watch Britain's Got Talent & Casualty?? :lol:

(I'll record the GP so I can fast forward the boring bits....)

Edited by Shrimpfan

I'm going to this one. My first visit to Rye House since the Witches rode in the BSPA Cup (Remember that?) in 1991.

What's the best way to get there? A12/M25/A10 or A12/A120 and across country?

Or shall I have my usual Saturday night and stay at hoom and watch Britain's Got Talent & Casualty?? :lol:

(I'll record the GP so I can fast forward the boring bits....)

It all depends where you are leaving from

Does anyone have any news of all the injured riders?

Ed Kennett's hand injury has improved and he is riding but Stefan Nielsen is still unfit so Ben Morley is the guest. Mathieu Tresarrieu is also fit to ride. Edited by Alan_Jones

Ed Kennett's hand injury has improved and he is riding but Stefan Nielsen is still unfit so Ben Morley is the guest. Mathieu Tresarrieu is also fit to ride.

should be a good run out for Morley...

hope the boy goes well! :t:

Ipswich

Turn off the 120 @ Dunmow.....go via Sawbridgeworth.....High Wytch then bottom of Harlow head towards Hertford turn off at waterworks and have your 50 pence ready for the barrier.
  • Like 1

should be a good run out for Morley...

hope the boy goes well! :t:

Me too. It's got to be better than Sunday when he spent the afternoon all dressed up with nowhere to go as no.8. Then, in a drawn out MDL match because of a short handed team, the ref wouldn't let him practice between heats despite him being at the tapes. Instead, the tractor went out to grade the 1st bend tarmac.

Turn off the 120 @ Dunmow.....go via Sawbridgeworth.....High Wytch then bottom of Harlow head towards Hertford turn off at waterworks and have your 50 pence ready for the barrier.

Cheers Roland :D

Edited by Wooly70

Interested to see if Manzares has learnt anything from his previous visits as this will be the 3rd time he's ridden at Rye already.

He's been superb so far, but the one criticism has been that his away scores have been pretty poor compared to his form at Foxhall which has been simply brilliant.

Like I say, 3rd visit for him here so hopefully he'll have learnt and produces a score more like his Foxhall form.

He's seen Rye more than three times, 2-3 trips over with the American touring team too in previous campaigns so Rye is one of the tracks Manzares has seen most over here.

Hope Stefan is back for this one. Gonna be a hit to crowd levels with the Boxing on though.