British Speedway Forum
Midland Red

Adam Roynon

Out with a bad back injury

Is it time for him to call it a day, for the sake of himself and his family?

Gutsy performer, let's remember him as just that

Wish him well whatever he does

No doubt about it Adam is the unluckiest rider in the sport.

In the short time he rode for Dudley, he had two or possibly three serious accidents with his last appearance for us in the Play Off Final at Kings Lynn being the worst of them.

Hard to understand why he suffers so many accidents. If he was wild and reckless you could understand it but he isn't. He is a highly talented rider with the kind of ability that would have put him near Grand Prix standard if he hadn't suffered so much bad luck down the years.

He is a smashing lad who pushed himself back into the saddle to ride for us before he was fully recovered and also insisted on discharging himself from hospital to come to our end of season party night. He spent the whole night having his photo taken and signing autographs even though he was still in a lot of pain.

Sometimes our sport does not reward the effort and commitment that some riders put into it.

I wish Adam the best whatever he decides to do and he will have the full support of everyone at Cradley. If we were to move up to the Premier League next year he would be one rider that everyone would include in their septet.

A full and speedy recovery!

Edited by Ommer Mon
  • Like 4

Firstly and most importantly I`d like to Roynon a speedy recovery from his latest injury. You wonder though if it isn't time for him to consider his future, he hast taken some horrible batterings in his time.

Edited by screm

No doubt about it Adam is the unluckiest rider in the sport.

In the short time he rode for Dudley, he had two or possibly three serious accidents with his last appearance for us in the Play Off Final at Kings Lynn being the worst of them.

Hard to understand why he suffers so many accidents. If he was wild and reckless you could understand it but he isn't. He is a highly talented rider with the kind of ability that would have put him near Grand Prix standard if he hadn't suffered so much bad luck down the years.

He is a smashing lad who pushed himself back into the saddle to ride for us before he was fully recovered and also insisted on discharging himself from hospital to come to our end of season party night. He spent the whole night having his photo taken and signing autographs even though he was still in a lot of pain.

Sometimes our sport does not reward the effort and commitment that some riders put into it.

I wish Adam the best whatever he decides to do and he will have the full support of everyone at Cradley. If we were to move up to the Premier League next year he would be one rider that everyone would include in their septet.

A full and speedy recovery!

Very talented rider, when I have seen him ride he gives me the impression that he doesn't take into account that not all of his opponents have the same skills in tight situations and crashes occur.he is a nice lad but I think he should call it a day he does not have much luck with his injuries and it surely must be catching up with his state of health.

Sadly I agree with everyone else. Time to stop I think. Adam could come back once too often and that would be a tragedy. I loved watching him ride and he seems to be a canny lad - but the body can only take so much.

Adam must be one of the bravest Riders ever. To come back from so many serious injuries and ride well shows tremendous courage.

Whatever he does I will wish him well.

• Like 2

All the best Adam. Have to agree with the above comments about the lad. I saw him have a great ride at Rye House a few years ago but then had a nasty crash in his second outing & then that was it for the day.

Hope you have a speedy recovery

was due for fitness test for this weekend acording to my local paper didnt ride tonight so will see if hes at workington tomorrow

was due for fitness test for this weekend acording to my local paper didnt ride tonight so will see if hes at workington tomorrow

Any more news on Adam, gone a bit quiet this thread??

Any more news on Adam, gone a bit quiet this thread??

Looks like Roynon makes his track return tonight in Plymouth`s visit to Ipswich, let us all keep our fingers crossed that he can see out this season injury free.