British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

Leicester V King's Lynn Saturday June 7th

This match will be without both Jason Doyle and Kenneth Bjerre who are both on GP qualifying duty at Berwick on the same night.

This match will be without both Jason Doyle and Kenneth Bjerre who are both on GP qualifying duty at Berwick on the same night.

And without Robert Lambert GB u21s

Actually parking is fantastic, loads of room in the Beaumont centre car park. You might have to do something that requires a bit of effort though, it's called walking. Apparently lots of people used to do it .

• Like 6

Actually parking is fantastic, loads of room in the Beaumont centre car park. You might have to do something that requires a bit of effort though, it's called walking. Apparently lots of people used to do it .

Even those who walk with a stick ?????

To be honest, finding a parking space was more interesting than pretty much all the racing I saw on my last visit.

• Like 2

Even those who walk with a stick ?????

If you have a Blue Badge, you can park in the designated area of the carpark and catch the golf Buggy to the stadium entrance. It will also be available for the return journey.

• Like 1

To be honest, finding a parking space was more interesting than pretty much all the racing I saw on my last visit.

I'm guessing you perhaps came to the Ben fund meeting when finding a parking spot was a bit of a nightmare, because it was an afternoon meeting & the shopping centre car park was full of shoppers. But for meetings in the evenings there is no problem parking on the shopping centre as long as you're not longer than 4 hours, or else you face a fine.If you want to park in the speedway car park you would probably need to park up about an hour before start time has it does fill up quickly.

Presume Lions will still be looking for a guest for Hougaard as well, although looks like Tom Perry is practicing this weekend & might make his comeback for the cubs on sunday.

I'm guessing you perhaps came to the Ben fund meeting when finding a parking spot was a bit of a nightmare, because it was an afternoon meeting & the shopping centre car park was full of shoppers. But for meetings in the evenings there is no problem parking on the shopping centre as long as you're not longer than 4 hours, or else you face a fine.If you want to park in the speedway car park you would probably need to park up about an hour before start time has it does fill up quickly.

Presume Lions will still be looking for a guest for Hougaard as well, although looks like Tom Perry is practicing this weekend & might make his comeback for the cubs on sunday.

Thanks STL, your response is very helpful : )

I know at one point it was looking like Bjerre and Doyle were missing for GP qualifier and Lambert for team GB U21 and did hear that Porsing and Lasse missing as riding for Denmark in U21 meeting. I am not sure if that is still the case

Edited by flagrag

I know at one point it was looking like Bjerre and Doyle were missing for GP qualifier and Lambert for team GB U21 and did hear that Porsing and Lasse missing as riding for Denmark in U21 meeting. I am not sure if that is still the case

Well if that's the case I will be pi**ed off.Our most local derby on a Saturday night and 3 riders missing is a joke really.

If we are without the 3 I would go with Nermark for Lambert,Klindt for Porsing and probably Kildemand for Bjerre if all were available.

Edited by tellboy

Just the usual 2014 Elite League meeting then ;)

Meetings with full teams is such a rarity in this league nowadays.

Saturday's are a busy day around Europe for speedway pretty much every weekend these days. British Elite League running on a Saturday has to expect missing rider's, it's rather selfish to think rider's should put clubs before individual glory. Just ain't gonna happen.

IMO no Elite League meeting's should run on a Saturday at all.

Saturday's are a busy day around Europe for speedway pretty much every weekend these days. British Elite League running on a Saturday has to expect missing rider's, it's rather selfish to think rider's should put clubs before individual glory. Just ain't gonna happen.

IMO no Elite League meeting's should run on a Saturday at all.

Its not so much as putting Clubs before personal glory, Its a question of economics. They can earn far more on the continent at the weekends, than duly appearing for their club in a league match, whether they want to or not. So , for that reason, I, like you, think running Elite meetings at the weekend is a non-runner.