Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

Leicester V King's Lynn Saturday June 7th

What a sorry state our beloved sport is at this level, what with foreign riders creating little or no loyalty with UK clubs or their fans, and the top foreign dogs using UK clubs to to obtain pre season training/testing before there Euro League seasons commence!!

There just isn't any feeling of them being "our riders" anymore, can you still get riders photos centred in your clubs rosettes? Or are the rosettes centreless with a bit of Velcro, then you just but photos of who's riding for you tonight and bung um in the centre!!

I'd dispute that when it comes to King's Lynn this year. Seems to me Eastbourne riders are pretty loyal too.

You can't blame riders, they have a living to earn. It's up to the promoters to use riders that will fulfil their fixtures and get them involved with their fans and more importantly the local community. Even better when they use riders who are local to the area :approve:

What a state our sport is in the teams take riders on at the start of the season, there is no loyalty to the clubs, I know the riders what to get into the GP's and what ever but the first loyalty should come to the club that they signed up to ride for in the first palce.

It is now time that this country had enough top riders to fill all seven berths in ateam and then they could put up 2 fingers to all the riders from abroad, we could then have a self dependant league, without all these riders popping over and riding for teams when it suits them. But I guess that day will never come.

When a rider is riding in 4 sometimes 5 different countries for what can turn out to be a different club each new season. Factor in GPs or other individual meets is it any wonder that some show little to no loyalty. Riders today are just Guns for hire. This is the Speedway world we live in.

Lets hope that this match to off. We have been promissed heavy rain and thunderstorms on Saturday, so it looks like this one could become another washout. Hope not, it has got to look really good weather wise for me to travel all the way to BP to get there and find after half an hour that the match had been canceled. May I add yet again. There are far to many matches being called off in the EL this year already. We just don't need anymore to add to the long list of cancelled races.

I know at one point it was looking like Bjerre and Doyle were missing for GP qualifier and Lambert for team GB U21 and did hear that Porsing and Lasse missing as riding for Denmark in U21 meeting. I am not sure if that is still the case

Porsing and Lasse Bjerre haven`t any other meetings on Saturday other than being at Leicester-don`t know why people tell you such rubbish.

The info I had was that the Danish U21 team were going to be in the same semi as team GB but they are now at the other round

The info I had was that the Danish U21 team were going to be in the same semi as team GB but they are now at the other round

That`s also rubbish !!! final is in Denmark on the 23rd August at Slangerup and they are seeded.

Just ignore the weather headline in the Daily Express this week, it's sensationalist rubbish!!! The forecast for Saturday is still very very fluidic, and won't, can't be firmed up until Friday....

I just hope that the management take this meeting seriously and get a guest rider that is worth his weight to fill in for Jason Doyle and not some 2 bit rider they can pick up on the cheap. The fans need to see it and any rider that is not to the standard of Iverson will just be there to make up the numbers. They need to come good on this one.

Kings Lynn using R/R for Bjerre. Sam Masters guests for Lambert, usually Sam goes well at Leicester & good choice of guest. Lions have Hansen for Hougaard. Guest for Doyle to be annouced.Looking at latest averages they could use Tai, with Doyles average being 7.75 plus 5% for home average bringing it to 8.14. But would imagine if he's in Poland on sunday that's unlikely.

What is the worst case senario that we could get as a guest rider. Who could they possibly pick that is totally useless and cost them £5 fee and a £1 a point. They will probablly get another NL rider to guest for them. But as I said I hope they take this very seriously.

I want to come with my grandson on Saturday but I am not going to bother if they just pick some usuless rider. Whats the point, you would know the outcome before it even started.

Lets hope that this match to off. We have been promissed heavy rain and thunderstorms on Saturday, so it looks like this one could become another washout. Hope not, it has got to look really good weather wise for me to travel all the way to BP to get there and find after half an hour that the match had been canceled. May I add yet again. There are far to many matches being called off in the EL this year already. We just don't need anymore to add to the long list of cancelled races.

Who are you?? You keep contradicting yourself......!!!

Quotes.

"Let's hope this match is off"

Then, the very next line, he comes up with this...

"so it looks like this one could become another washout. Hope not"

Make your flipping mind up KKS, Jepsen Jensen Racing, Liam Gallaher Fan, Etc, Etc......

Please leave our thread alone, unless you have something genuine to say or comment on.....

Edited by Shale Searcher

Who are you?? You keep contradicting yourself......!!!

Quotes.

"Let's hope this match is off"

Then, the very next line, he comes up with this...

"so it looks like this one could become another washout. Hope not"

Make your flipping mind up KKS, Jepsen Jensen Racing, Liam Gallaher Fan, Etc, Etc......

Please leave our thread alone, unless you have something genuine to say or comment on.....

Leave him alone you cyber bully.

Weatherwatcher might have occasional problems with his take on things, but he's not doing anybody any harm!!

I never have a bad word for anyone!! Just not keen on posts that contradict a statement in the same post!!

Hope its off, then, don't want another rain off!

Apology if it came over aggressively!

The post smacked of the "multi-alias" one....

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1