Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Glasgow Vs Scunthorpe - 1/6/2014 (pl - 3pm)

Directors came outside to tell the waiting Patrons personally, which was a nice touch, at least they didn't take our money before declaring , unlike our rivals in the east

• Like 3

Directors came outside to tell the waiting Patrons personally, which was a nice touch, at least they didn't take our money before declaring , unlike our rivals in the east

Que the smug replies from our nearest and dearest dorothy i am sure they will come up with some excuse blaming us :D .

• Like 1

Well said Dorothy good to hear that some promotions respect the fans, nothing worse than paying to get in only to find that the meeting is off before a wheel has been turned and then being told you can't have your money back. Berwick take note, absolute disgrace.

• Like 1

YOU'RE not sure what team the Tigers are putting out? Some of us aren't sure how many of them will turn up this meeting....

Weather is too hot for speedway today so barring Noah proportion rain overnight we should be okay

Guess I'm just the Michael Fish of Glasgow weather forecasts :oops:

Did they? I never saw anyone but I was in the commoners car park - car parking cost me £1 a minute today as I had just parked when the security guy came round and let us commoners know lol. I take it they hadnt opened the gates? Decent move

• Like 2

Guess I'm just the Michael Fish of Glasgow weather forecasts :oops:

Did they? I never saw anyone but I was in the commoners car park - car parking cost me £1 a minute today as I had just parked when the security guy came round and let us commoners know lol. I take it they hadnt opened the gates? Decent move

they didn't open the gates and came out to both gates and spoke to supporters about 2:15 and also spoke to people driving in
  • Like 2

Never told us as we were driving in is it worth comming on a Sunday if it even looks like rain . Put it off last week and lo and behold it dried up to be a lovely sunny evening

• Like 1

Typically its drying up now having not rained since 4. The only predictable bit about our season is that it'll rain on a Sunday.

f the country basking in sunshine except the west of Scotland.

Well you want independence don't you?

• Like 1

so, is rusty injured or ill.. or has he retired again or moved onto redcar..

Jenga, you should take diarrhoea tablets for the sh#t you talk. Get a grip man!!

Edited by workyboy
  • Like 2

Gonna be an awful lot of meeting's to cram in already with this weather, seems like no one is immune to it at the moment, November anyone? ;)

Glasgow promotion can't even get the weather right! :rolleyes:

We have meetings Sunday and Monday next week, though the Sunday is non competitive.

We have meetings Sunday and Monday next week, though the Sunday is non competitive.

Monday is a dead rubber too

Along with death and taxes , rain on a Sunday is rapidly joining the only certainties in life . I'm getting pretty sick of it

Mind you , got the taxi up from the Horseshoe and got there about 2 , loads of folk hanging about and the gates weren't open . I said to Willie , sod this i'm not paying to get in yet , lets go into the Ashfield Bar for a pint and wait a while . Once we heard it was off , we finished our pints and went in for a look - track was like porridge .

Edited by Paulco