Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn V's Birmingham Thurs 05/06/14

No Zmarzlik R/R for him he's riding in the Polish Championship - what a poor line up the Brummies now have can only see a big home win .

I said about thinking positive but the Brummies should just award Lynn a 75-15 victory and save the bother travelling. I really feel for Brummies fans they have had so much bad luck this season.

Shouldn`t think the Lynn promotion are exactly pleased themselves
  • Like 1

I said about thinking positive but the Brummies should just award Lynn a 75-15 victory and save the bother travelling. I really feel for Brummies fans they have had so much bad luck this season.

so how have the Brummies had bad luck ? You assemble a team on a shoestring this is what you get .

It is a poor looking side but I won't be too hard on the Brummies, we've sent some pretty poor line-ups to away tracks before.

Just hope the Brummies get themselves through this sticky patch and the club survives.

I'll be there as I'll take every opportunity I can to see this Stars side in action. Been a long wait to be regarded as genuine title challengers and I'm going to saviour every little bit of it.

• Like 2

Absolute Shambles of a match :mad::icon_smile_clown: , sad day for the Elite League that you get a match up like this.

I find our lineup totally unacceptable, we should not fielding a team as weak as that. I had no idea that Nermark rode Sweden on Thursdays but why only Jorgensen as a replacement!! No disrespect to the lad but hes hardly of the same level. Also yet again for another away match we are without Starke, hardly rides away meetings for us. Its a joke

I'm just sick of this league, constant missing riders and mickey mouse line-ups. I don't know what the future holds for the Brummies, as a fan I'm taking it match by match at the moment but should we make to the end of the season and beyond, i hope we drop back down. It may not be perfect in the PL, but it cant be any worse than this crap and I feel that's our level now.

As a fan you just want to see two evenly matched sides going at it and that would be great on a really good track like Kings Lynn. We shouldn't have to suffer with match ups like this, it does the sport no favors at all.

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 3

why only Jorgensen as a replacement!!

Because it's not an "international" fixture. Same goes for any rider riding in a foreign league match in their own country.

Oops. Sorry for the duplication

Edited by uk martin

Maybe if B'ham had agreed to call off the last time Lynn had to go there, Buster would've called this one off too.

:neutral:

Maybe if B'ham had agreed to call off the last time Lynn had to go there, Buster would've called this one off too.

:neutral:

Its a sad state of affairs that both clubs are seemingly more interested in getting one over each rather than thinking of the paying public. What hope is there for the sport.

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

Victory tomorrow evening will see the 'Stars' set an all-time record of eleven consecutive wins. The last time we got anywhere near close to that was with ten wins on the bounce back in 1984. Our team that year was John Louis, Dave Jessup, Steve Regeling, Richard Hellsen, Keith Bloxsome, Martin Dixon, Kevin Jolly, and for part of the season Eric Monaghan.

Lets hope the weather behaves so that we can hopefully see club history made.

• Like 2

Victory tomorrow evening will see the 'Stars' set an all-time record of eleven consecutive wins. The last time we got anywhere near close to that was with ten wins on the bounce back in 1984. Our team that year was John Louis, Dave Jessup, Steve Regeling, Richard Hellsen, Keith Bloxsome, Martin Dixon, Kevin Jolly, and for part of the season Eric Monaghan.

Lets hope the weather behaves so that we can hopefully see club history made.

Two of those riders came from Leicester, The "Frog" and "Monoman" !!!

Two Suffolkers too argh

Interesting stats though

Edited by Trees