British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn V's Birmingham Thurs 05/06/14

Cant make this one, boss wouldent give me the time off. Enjoy our trips to Saddlebow and you always see decent racing on a well prepared track its just a shame we cant put a decent team together.

I can only see the Stars getting a big win, would like to think we can get at least 30, but think that is pushing it, oh for the days of the Pl when we always had a good team.

Come on you Brummies and guests do your best.

Happy days.

Two of those riders came from Leicester, The "Frog" and "Monoman" !!!

Didn't Steve Regeling actually GO to Leicester FROM Lynn? I thought Martin Rogers signed him when he took over .... :blink:

Didn't Steve Regeling actually GO to Leicester FROM Lynn? I thought Martin Rogers signed him when he took over .... :blink:

Leicester closed in 83 hence his move to lynn

Victory tomorrow evening will see the 'Stars' set an all-time record of eleven consecutive wins. The last time we got anywhere near close to that was with ten wins on the bounce back in 1984. Our team that year was John Louis, Dave Jessup, Steve Regeling, Richard Hellsen, Keith Bloxsome, Martin Dixon, Kevin Jolly, and for part of the season Eric Monaghan.

Lets hope the weather behaves so that we can hopefully see club history made.

Thats a pretty average team - the 84 one - to win ten on the trot. Were there a large number of home wins in there? Certainly not a patch on the aces/witches/heathens teams that season. Anyone hsve details who they beat? Edited by waihekeaces1

The most league wins in a row for king's lynn was 8 set in 1972 so the record has already been broken

So the claim above re the 84 side is wrong? Looking at the keague table for 84 kl won 15 and lost 15 so winning ten on the trot seems unlikely, unless referring to home wins only?

Was that during the Martin Rogers promotion days ?

Yes it was, I used to travel to Lynn to work on the track after Leicester closed...

The most league wins in a row for king's lynn was 8 set in 1972 so the record has already been broken

I've found these seven in a row in 1972, but what is the eighth please?

10.06.72 SHEFFIELD(BL1) W 42-36

15.06.72 Oxford(KO CUP) W 35-42

17.06.72 GLASGOW(BL1) W 46-32

22.06.72 Wimbledon(BL1) W 37-41

24.06.72 EXETER(BL1) W 49-29

30.06.72 Newport(BL1) W 24-54

01.07.72 WOLVERHAMPTON(BL1) W 43-35

A rainy start to Speedway Thursday. Will Buster put the effort in to get it on tonight or will he knock it on the head so Birmingham can come back with a more attractive team at a later date. Weather is krap, Poor oppostion.

Is this what Speedway is really all about ?

Excuse me old pessimist, weather will be fine today! I'm as disappointed as the next person that Brum aren't at full strength but King is in good form, Barker will give 100% as will Covatti and the rest of them, it won't be a whitewash, get up that bloody road and support the Stars :-p Anything can happen in speedway, in fact usually if people stay away cos they think the oppo isn't up to much there's some decent racing so miss it and miss out :-)

• Like 3

03.06.72 Newport (BL1) H w 41-37

09.06.72 Hackney (BL1) A w 42-36

Thanks Speedboy, I missed the Hackney victory.

What concerns me is that our results are different, and my records read as thus.

03.06.72 Newport (BL1) H W 59-19

09.06.73 Hackney (BL1) A W 41-37

A rainy start to Speedway Thursday. Will Buster put the effort in to get it on tonight or will he knock it on the head so Birmingham can come back with a more attractive team at a later date. Weather is krap, Poor oppostion.

Is this what Speedway is really all about ?

It's virtually dried up now, and the forecast for later is okay. Don't see why the meeting shouldn't be on.......here's hoping.

• Like 1