British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn V's Birmingham Thurs 05/06/14

Yes great stuff from Niklas - well deserved max! :party:

Rory looked good too, looked like bike probs after he'd passed King when he lost it again but lucky to finish his next race - looked like his front wheel was about to fall out :shock:

Another EF for Niels - hope he gets all them out of the way before any crucial matches, and Ken was flying at the front. Looks like still lacking in confidence when behind tho.

Good to see Lewis Rose back, and well done to old boy Simon Lambert for beating team Lewis in ht 9 - he obviously still remembers his way around Lynn. Apart from him and King B'ham had little else to offer - pity Daniel Nermark was missing and of course Zmarzlik as it could've been a tad closer.

Ride of the night goes to Robert Lambert , he'd looked slow most of the match but somehow managed to get by both both Brummies in ht14 with sheer determination - excellent stuff :t:

• Like 1

Cliché I know but that ride from Robert in heat 14 was worth the entrance fee alone, along with Niels pass in heat 5 and Rory's in 6.

Need to do something a little different and special to celebrate these successes, whatabout a Polish style chant, we know how to do it after the Poles visit early this season, just need someone to start it off with a megaphone!!!!

• Like 1

Cliché I know but that ride from Robert in heat 14 was worth the entrance fee alone, along with Niels pass in heat 5 and Rory's in 6.

Need to do something a little different and special to celebrate these successes, whatabout a Polish style chant, we know how to do it after the Poles visit early this season, just need someone to start it off with a megaphone!!!!

To the tune of agadoo.....

Iversen-sen-sen he is King's Lynn's number 1

Iversen-sen-sen came to ride for Rob Lyon

He is king of our track when he's first out of the trap

When he blasts from the back he makes Barker look so cr4p

• Like 4

Right man, you're on the mega phone!! :-) Well volunteered!! :-)

I'll admit to thinking something shorter mind, fist in the air and chanting Kings Lynn, Kings Lynn Stars .... I'm up for whatever though, just gotta make it happen :-) Will whatshisname, Matt Black (just opened my prog, or rather A1 sheet!! to find out!) be up for it, will be a change from him telling us to make some noise!

Edited by Trees

I'd settle for a few more fans simply applauding after each race : (

This meeting turned out to be far more entertaining than people feared it would be, even if Birmingham were only a two and a half man team.

Obviously everything about King's Lynn was spot on, and as others have said, "Well done Nicklas". He's turning out to be an absolute revelation, and whilst I questioned his inclusion in our team pre-season, I'm so pleased that I was wrong, because he's a joy to watch.

I will give Birmingham some credit though, despite their heavy defeat. Danny King, as you would expect rode well, even though he only won one race. Nicolas Covatti was probably worth more than the 5-points he finished up with. But for me, 'Brummies' Man of the Match had to be Simon Lambert, who has experienced a confidence sapping season so far, yet even when he was third or last, he wasn't just poodling around, he was still riding his socks off. Lets hope it's an onwards and upwards situation for the young man from just along the A17.

Good meeting, thoroughly enjoyed it, now lets take Leicester to the cleaners tomorrow, although it does look as though the rain gods might run out winners quite convincingly at the moment.

• Like 2

Right man, you're on the mega phone!! :-) Well volunteered!! :-)

I'll admit to thinking something shorter mind, fist in the air and chanting Kings Lynn, Kings Lynn Stars .... I'm up for whatever though, just gotta make it happen :-) Will whatshisname, Matt Black (just opened my prog, or rather A1 sheet!! to find out!) be up for it, will be a change from him telling us to make some noise!

Matt looks game for a laugh. Let's see if he'll take up the challenge and sing this on the mic at the next home meeting parade - to 'show his appreciation' for NKI !!!

Are you giving him the words then .. look forward to it already lol

To the tune of agadoo.....

Iversen-sen-sen he is King's Lynn's number 1

Iversen-sen-sen came to ride for Rob Lyon

He is king of our track when he's first out of the trap

When he blasts from the back he makes Barker look so cr4p

How about 'everyone look' instead of 'Barker look so' ? Alternatively just insert name as appropriate maybe :P

• Like 1

Are you giving him the words then .. look forward to it already lol

I'll stick £20 in roo boys charity bucket if he sings it - no pressure Matt

I'll go a tenner!!

Dont you mean Tenor? ;)

• Like 1