British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Gp Malilla Saturday June 14th

Haven't they done this before and changed the schedule just before the meeting?

Haven't they done this before and changed the schedule just before the meeting?

Yes they continued with tennis and went over late to Torun I think it was-last years pairs ??

Can't remember exactly, fingers crossed they'll see sense! A link is ok, but not the same..

I am 100% certain that British Eurosport would get more viewers watching Speedway than show jumping

So am I ... but I'm equally 100% certain that what you've just stated won't have had much impact upon the decision-makers at Eurosport Towers where, remember, they're not a broadcaster at risk of losing viewers' subscription-money in a situation like this because there isn't any viewers' subscription income in the first place !!

The sponsorship and advertising income from either the show jumping or the speedway has almost certainly been a far greater factor in creating the current situation ... and whether we as speedway fans like it or not, over at Eurosport Towers they've clearly reached the conclusion at the moment that they prefer the income they'll be generating from the whole of the show jumping they'll be showing on Saturday rather than from the whole of the speedway they could have shown instead.

Commercial broadcasting isn't just about the sheer number of viewers watching any particular coverage although that's as basic a benchmark as the majority of the public can understand ... it's also increasingly about the commercial attractiveness of the different types of viewers that different coverage brings on board.

How many of Channel-4 Racing's viewers are ever likely to go to Dubai, especially the £2-punters in your local bookies' shop ? !! ... it's bound to be a tiny proportion but Dubai still gets tremendous value out of its blanket-sponsorship of that coverage, firstly because it wants to be seen to be supportive of a British industry it likes and secondly because the tiny proportion of Channel 4 viewers who are tempted to visit Dubai via such tv-sponsorship are each likely to spend shedloads when they get to such a glamourous location.

By the way, any dinosaurs on here still struggling to understand why Sky didn't mind letting-go of the SGP/SWC because of the Saturday-night scheduling-headaches it caused them, now that British Eurosport are running smack into the same bother this Saturday ? !!

• Like 1

I hardly ever go on twitter these days..But look what I've just spotted

Does anyone have any info on where/how we can watch the GP live on Saturday seeing as @EurosportUKTV aren't showing it #epicfail

@GaryHavelock it will be live Gary, tranmission details to follow shortly......

:t:

@EurosportUKTV: it will be live Gary, tranmission details to follow shortly” Excellent. Give me a shout if you ever need a commentator

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

British Eurosport @EurosportUKTV 7m

Great news, @SpeedwayGP this Saturday is Live at 6pm on our partner channel Quest, Freeview 37, Sky 167 & Virgin 172

• Like 5

Fair play to Eurosport. I've been quick to mock a lot of the gushing praise of them for the last 18 months but they've pulled this one out of the bag!

Also means speedway on freeview. So means as long as you have a digital TV (and who the hell doesn't these days?!) can watch it.

Fair play to Eurosport. I've been quick to mock a lot of the gushing praise of them for the last 18 months but they've pulled this one out of the bag!

Also means speedway on freeview. So means as long as you have a digital TV (and who the hell doesn't these days?!) can watch it.

I want a refund for this meeting as I don't need to pay for it :mad:

Their customer service is pretty damned good too, sending emails in response to queries. Amazing what a concerted bit of polite concern and enquiry can achieve :approve:

Is there a Quest HD channel?

• Like 1

Great if shown on Quest, will wait to see what it clashes with, some bloody kickabout is on sat starting at 5pm. Will have to hide the remote control.

Is there a Quest HD channel?

Great coverage from Quest, so much better that Eurosport. Thanks to Quest for coming in to save the day.

Bit tied up on Sunday so thought I better get in early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

I'm e-mailing SKY to find out what the hell is going on.

• Like 4

As you don't pay for Eurosport anyway I don't think you will have any joy :lol:

Really?