British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Gp Malilla Saturday June 14th

Does anyone know what channel quest is on in new zealand?

Shouldn`t that be your quest to find out ;)

I'll make a brief return to posting just to clarify what I see of the situation.

Essentially if you can receive Eurosport on your TV you can receive Quest. It's also on Freeview, not instead of on Virgin or Sky. As one poster has said it's only on the main Freeview service. If you're in an area that gets its signals from a relay transmitter you'll more than likely only get 'Freeview Lite' which only gives the basic channels. It's all down to capacity on the lesser transmitters.

Tuesday's Swedish Speedway on Eurosport finished with a promo of the Grand Prix and clearly stated it was on Quest.

Here's some confirmation - Quest's schedules.

http://www.questtv.co.uk/tv-listings/?type=day&channel_code=QUUK-ENG&date=14062014&style=day&filter=1800

Quest is on Virgin channel 172, Sky 167 and Freeview 37. If you miss the start there is a +1 version on channels 173, 195 and 38 respectively. There is no HD version.

The coverage should be exactly the same as on Eurosport, 90% of which is the same world feed that Sky used.

Quest is part of Discovery which in turn is under common ownership with Eurosport so using Quest as an overflow sport channel is an extremely rare compromise.

I hope this helps - I shall return now to 'read-only'.

What we might get is the complete live feed-minus ad breaks, with Eurosport adding their bits for the delayed showing.

Edited by racers and royals

Just to clear a few things up;

The Speedway GP from Malilla will be broadcast on Quest (Freeview channel 37, Sky channel 167 and Virgin Media channel 172)

For those of you that cannot find Quest on your Freeview sets, it's because they have recently changed their channel number, all you need to do is re-tune your set and it will appear.

The production of the event will be exactly the same as it would be on Eurosport. Commentary will come from Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tatum, as usual on the Grand Prix's. It will not be filmed on someone's phone as I saw suggested earlier in this thread!

For those who are viewing on Sky and Virgin, the programme has now been added to Quest's EPG, so you can set you recordings now. You should individually record this programme as it will not come under your series link for British Eurosport.

Please feel free to drop us an e-mail (ukcomms@eurosport.com) if you have any further questions.

Hope this helps and we hope you all enjoy what is going to be a fascinating round in Sweden!

Thanks,

Luke

Not exactly the same, no HD....

• Like 2

Just to clear a few things up;

The Speedway GP from Malilla will be broadcast on Quest (Freeview channel 37, Sky channel 167 and Virgin Media channel 172)

For those of you that cannot find Quest on your Freeview sets, it's because they have recently changed their channel number, all you need to do is re-tune your set and it will appear.

The production of the event will be exactly the same as it would be on Eurosport. Commentary will come from Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tatum, as usual on the Grand Prix's. It will not be filmed on someone's phone as I saw suggested earlier in this thread!

For those who are viewing on Sky and Virgin, the programme has now been added to Quest's EPG, so you can set you recordings now. You should individually record this programme as it will not come under your series link for British Eurosport.

Please feel free to drop us an e-mail (ukcomms@eurosport.com) if you have any further questions.

Hope this helps and we hope you all enjoy what is going to be a fascinating round in Sweden!

Thanks,

Luke

well done for getting the GP on live.

• Like 1

methinks Eurosport et al could do with a training course in BSF humour :D

Tho all credit to them for the swift resolution to a problem highlighted on here less than a week ago, If only the BSPA were 10% as responsive :sad:

• Like 5

In my quest to find the live gp on sat I have had no luck ,on the 2 tvs we have the quest channels have no sgp listed ,the quest website has nothing & suggests trying another channel. Please reassure me someone that although I am old & not technically minded it is definitely on. Thankyou off for a lie down.

In my quest to find the live gp on sat I have had no luck ,on the 2 tvs we have the quest channels have no sgp listed ,the quest website has nothing & suggests trying another channel. Please reassure me someone that although I am old & not technically minded it is definitely on. Thankyou off for a lie down.

Definitely on my SKY planner for 6 pm Saturday channel 167

http://www.questtv.co.uk/tv-listings/?type=day&channel_code=QUUK-ENG&filter=1200&date=14062014

Showing on my TV's on freeview and on my sky box

Practice cancelled-heavy rain. Forecast still good for tomorrow.

Win for Bomber then!