British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Gp Malilla Saturday June 14th

Stop being a knob. Sky dropped the GPs, Eurosport have given us the pinnacle of World Speedway live.

When Sky dropped the GPs if the BBC had taken them over and shown it in on BBC1 HD on Saturday nights it would have been far better coverage :party: :party: :D

Edited by mike1944

Stop being a knob. Sky dropped the GPs, Eurosport have given us the pinnacle of World Speedway live.

Let me educate you a bit -Quest did not have the GP lined up for live showing-Fact it was a relatively late addition.I will also educate you a bit by informing you that BRITISH Eurosport is the only bit of Eurosport who have a contract for the GP`s-So what are BRITISH Eurosport showing tonight-recorded foreign Tennis and foreign show jumping,and we are supposed to be turning cartwheels praising them to the hilt-you really haven`t a clue have you !!

• Like 2

Most evil must be Nicki Pedersen so that can`t be the odd one out.

you beat me to it!!

Doomsday - World War 1........... Speedway Grand Prix...........Forensic Detectives.........Couples who kill........Most Evil....... FBI Files.........

Lets play a game of spot the difference?

The first one could be Nicki v Greg (or anyone that gets in his way) , the third one could be the inspection of Smolinskis ignition system.

To be honest, I think we should.

We get Swedish league (which I had to pay Premier Sports £10 a month for last year), SEC, Eurosport Pairs and SGP on this channel. And for a great many viewers, Eurosport (unlike Sky Sports and Premier Sports) is part of their viewing package at no extra cost.

Who cares if, to accommodate showing the SGP live, they have bumped it on to Quest for the evening? What difference does it make (other than the minor inconvenience of the loss of HD coverage for the night)? Who cares if the odd Swedish meeting is shown as delayed coverage? Premier Sports did this occasionally last year, and I was paying them £10 a month for the privilege.

Some speedway fans need to accept that we support a minority sport. Whilst I don't like it, I can totally understand that Eurosport have made a commercial decision to show the tennis and showjumping on their 2 channels and therefore do praise them for finding a viable alternative for showing it live. We have to be realistic about these things. I suspect that Eurosport have reasoned that they will simply make more money and/or attract more viewers by showing the show jumping and tennis than the speedway. Simple as that.

To be honest, looking at the pitiful crowds we get at most speedway meetings, I am amazed so much speedway (more than ever before, mostly thanks to Eurosport's coverage of new events) is televised at all.

The fact is, Sky pulled the plug on the GPs. I recall plenty of complaints on here when Sky (with their 4 sports channels, as opposed to 2) used to bump the SGP on to the red button where it cannot be paused, rewound or recorded as has become the norm with set-top boxes nowadays.

So, from me at least, here's a virtual cartwheel for Eurosport! Anyone care to join me?

Totally agree.

To be honest, I think we should.

So, from me at least, here's a virtual cartwheel for Eurosport! Anyone care to join me?

got to agree. Eurosport have done a lot of extra stuff they deserve credit for.

Commentators aside they get a pat on the back from me and I was a critic when they started.

But it has to be said that SKY have not done a bad job for the sport either.

Speedway has been really lucky to find people prepared to go that extra yard for them.

It's just sad the sport is run by such near sighted imbiciles who have never really capitalised on their efforts :(

Go Tai......lets see two in a row

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 2

Strange but pleasant seeing "start tarts" in Sweden. :lol:

Hello Alan !

Nice crowd there I see

And nice weather too. :t:

Well done Bjerre. Looked like Holder went to sleep down the back straight of lap 4.

If the rest of the night is like heat 1 then this is gonna be a classic!

I just knew the racing would be better on Quest than Eurosport.

Mischief Maker. :lol:

2 good races in one in heat 4.