British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

I dont like this 'removes pitch on bends to widen track for FIM events' .....sounds very familiar to me. Echos of Odsal Stdaium and their beloved pitch, always causing strife :( #Bradfordmemories

It will be c.342 m in length (measures 1m in from the inner kerb) and between 13m (on

the straight) and 17m (on the bends) wide. Protective barriers will run around the outer

edge of the track.

Taken from MCC planning.

They may find it easier to use to use a different stadium for FIM events with all the hassle involved in pitch modification and possible event clashes.

They may find it easier to use to use a different stadium for FIM events with all the hassle involved in pitch modification and possible event clashes.

But I thought this was a NATIONAL Stadium where all the big International Events would take place. I understood that it was to modelled on the old Hyde Road Track. That would have been terrific. Why has, so it seems, the Track been compromised?

Surely it is FIRST AND FOREMOST a Speedway Venue and THEN a Rugby Pitch.

What the hell has happened here?

I'm not happy!!! :angry: :angry:

• Like 1

But I thought this was a NATIONAL Stadium where all the big International Events would take place. I understood that it was to modelled on the old Hyde Road Track. That would have been terrific. Why has, so it seems, the Track been compromised?

Surely it is FIRST AND FOREMOST a Speedway Venue and THEN a Rugby Pitch.

What the hell has happened here?

Jeez there are some wallies on here. FFS it was just a joke, the track isn't compromised, they are not lifting the corners, they can even fit more than 4 bikes on the straight at once

• Like 1

Which dwarf are you then? I could guess!

Honest, the track is not 4 handlebar-widths wide. It was a Joke!!!!

• Like 2

Which dwarf are you then? I could guess!

Honest, the track is not 4 handlebar-widths wide. It was a Joke!!!!

I'm pleased to hear it.

I still didn't think it was funny though.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

How close is the new stadium to the centre of Manchester? Does anyone know what sort of overflow parking and/or public transport arrangements there will be?

Couple miles from Manchester centre, it is just off the main A57 road from Liverpool - Manchester - Sheffield - Lincoln.

There is a link on this thread (if I remember right) showing the plan ie car parking etc

It's about 2.5 miles or an hours walk. I think they will have free buses like the current free Metroshuttles as they will want punters spending in the city centre.

Overflow car parking would be by arrangement with the absolutely massive Showcase cinema across the road.

So the National Speedway Stadium won't even be FIM standard? Holy crap it gets worse.

My goodness boys, you caught a big 'un there!

• Like 1

Only 380 parking spaces as part of the development though.

Presumably the greyhound stadium has parking, as well as the big cinema complex?

Yes a deal has been done with Showcase cinema for overflow parking, lots of parking there across the road, I'm sure the GRA will want to make some money and charge to use their car park too.