British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

Last Wednesday's Poole vs Wolverhampton programme contained a full page colour advert for the "National Speedway Stadium". - Get your brick today for just £49.

Well I for one am looking forward to sitting in the grandstand of the new stadium watching The Aces along with a few thousand others

Will you be able to get into the grandstand with your zimmer frame ?

• Like 1

Last Wednesday's Poole vs Wolverhampton programme contained a full page colour advert for the "National Speedway Stadium". - Get your brick today for just £49.

Gee, they were only £25 a few years back... no wonder property prices have gone sky high.

Gee, they were only £25 a few years back... no wonder property prices have gone sky high.

They've always been £49

Yes they stated that it would have temp art stands taking it to double the capacity. So will be interesting if that happens.

I did notice though somewhere that it changed to elite league standard stadium

This is the rub for me,I am not a fan of Belle Vue but have taken an interest in the National Speedway Stadium as it was billed a 10,000 + venue being able to hold World events ,and as a base to give our best young riders ample track time to develop their skills.If this is now not the case then the promotion should come forward and admit this,fans have been asked to invest in this project as a national stadium not as just a new stadium for the Belle Vue Aces.

I

Similarly for the training school. There will be plenty of time for Belle Vue riders (Aces and Colts, two teams, same club) to practice, if other clubs wanted the facility then show us your money, lol!

Either it is a national stadium or it isn't!!! Anyway at least one other club put money into the brick fund if i remember.....

Let's been honest after all the hype not only this stadium going to be 5 years late it's just going to be a run of the mill type of place . Not the envy of the world ,as were told .

• Like 1

Let's been honest after all the hype not only this stadium going to be 5 years late it's just going to be a run of the mill type of place . Not the envy of the world ,as were told .

Sad but true,most probably.At least they are going to have track covers made

Yes but how many tracks will have bricks and paving stones with peoples names on?

Hopefully, if it is ever built, it is a bit better than that but all the pie in the sky tripe talked about this place may well end up with egg on it's face when it turns out to be just a tin shed with a posh car park :(

How it can still be called a National Stadium is beyond me.

It's just a new track for Belle Vue whilst that is indeed welcome it's not at all what was promised and until someone starts digging foundations there it is still just a bit of paper and having a bit of experience of this kind of thing I have seen better bits of paper come to nought than this shed.

• Like 1

Sad but true,most probably.At least they are going to have track covers made

DON'T think anyone said it would be the envy of the world... but I would venture that the grandstand will be superior to that at any other British stadium staging speedway (other than Cardiff of course), as others have said temporary grandstands can be erected as and when required, the track will have proper drainage from the off and its shape and size should provide for terrific racing.

Can understand why some are still sceptical but not those who continually talk it down., Very few (any?) bright spots on the horizon for British speedway right now and those who have stuck diligently to the immense task in getting this through so many hoops and detours deserve some praise surely?

If the facility is available for use throughout the week then the BSPA as a whole should avail themselves of it and underline its name tag.

My understanding is that spades will go in the ground very shortly after planning permission is confirmed. The money is there, the builders are itching to get started...

• Like 5

Guess British speedway gets what it deserves.Doesn't sound to me as if this stadium is any better than Vojens and Vojens was built 40 years ago and isn't really up to hosting international speedway these days we are told.Is it as good or better than Gorican,which was one mans project?

Guess British speedway gets what it deserves.Doesn't sound to me as if this stadium is any better than Vojens and Vojens was built 40 years ago and isn't really up to hosting international speedway these days we are told.Is it as good or better than Gorican,which was one mans project?

HAVE you been to Vojens? There is a permanent grandstand on home straight (everything else is temporary) but it has no bar, restaurant or corporate facilities which is something BV will have.

This is clearly not going to happen.

Just like you not posting until October?